A trusted source at BGR has come through with a Verizon memo outlining an early ... Smartphone News forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Verizon Offers Early Upgrade Program (Rumor)

Advertisement

A trusted source at BGR has come through with a Verizon memo outlining an early upgrade program for those users looking to upgrade from a feature phone to a smartphone a bit early. Our source indicates this promotion is for Sam’s Club and Target kiosks and is only available in certain locations… but hey, an early upgrade is an early upgrade. The move is aimed to rope feature phone users into a more luxurious, and expensive, smartphone with the accompanying data plan, but that doesn’t mean those ready to upgrade can’t take advantage.

[Read more]

Article by BGR
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 03-16-2010 at 09:04 PM. Reason: fixed link

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I sure hope this turns out true. If so other carriers will follow suit trying to gain the same $.
    I have 3 device contracts coming up for renewal.

It's actually a very SMART sneaky way to make more money and lock people in for longer contracts and data plans.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    It does sound a bit catchy. Or too good to be true. Time will tell.

iLord is DEAD!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It's smart to allow early upgrades, if something is catching a customer's eye now, but they are a month or two away from the upgrade time and they are forced to wait then that is a month or two that something on another carrier can get their attention. May be a bit early but it's another couple years contract.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

That's why I like the Evenmore Plus plan with TMO. Lower rates and you can upgrade anytime you want to any phone without a contract. Pay it off fast or over time, interest free

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

jman77 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I got a service message from Verizon a month back saying this exact thing. I am tempted, but I will keep my phone for now and then if I lose or break my phone I can upgrade early. It really is a smart marketing technique and I also heard a rumor that Verizon is looking to get rid of some of its Smartphones.