Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Via Fortune.com : Manufacturing would begin in March for delivery in June , says an ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Verizon iPhone unveiling this month? Plus, OS 4.0 details leaked!

Advertisement

Via Fortune.com: Manufacturing would begin in March for delivery in June, says an analyst. "We believe there is a good chance," writes Canaccord Adams' Peter Misek in a note to clients Wednesday, "that the 'One more thing…' part of next week’s presentation may include two iPhone-related announcements: namely, the release of iPhone OS 4.0 and the unveiling of iPhone 4G coming to Verizon in June."

In addition, he says:

• A 4GS iPhone that will support LTE (long-term evolution) is likely to arrive a year later, in June 2011.
    • Tiered data plans are imminent, he believes, including an unlimited data plan from Verizon.

Also the Boy Genius Report says that the new iPhone OS will support "OS wide multi-touch gestures, additional multitasking, introduce graphical UI changes to simplify navigation, and possibly a new way to sync the contacts and calendar apps."

Read More

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    This is exciting.

I wish that would have occured last week during the event. Maybe there is still time for it to happen before June/July.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    Last edited by srl7741; 02-01-2010 at 10:47 AM.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well, this is promising ! Let's pátiently wait and then see ...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Wonder how this will play out, if vzw gets the iPhone my mom will get one for sure. She wants one bad but ATT is just not reliable enough in our area. Fingers crossed for some true rumors for a change
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Well they were wrong about the unveiling of 4.0 and the iPhone going to Verizon on the 27th announcement. I'm not completely sold that VZ is going to get the iPhone.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Well they were wrong about the unveiling of 4.0 and the iPhone going to Verizon on the 27th announcement. I'm not completely sold that VZ is going to get the iPhone.
    May the smartphone gods hear you. Looks grotesque with that humongous Verizon logo

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Apple has to spread their carrier wings if they want to continue to truely grow.

I dont believe for one second AT&T will remain the only carrier

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. If it happens I may actually give it a try.

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Guess I gotta sell my Storm now!

Just kidding.
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    I am very unsure bout Verizon getting this device, but if they do Cowboy you wont be too dissapointed.

iLord is DEAD!

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    It would be a long awaited want for a lot of current Verizon customers. But I would of thought the newer chipset (CDMA/GSM compatible) one would of been revealed with the ipad. But who knows., every June/July we hear about new devices and products from apple, this may be one of them.

I love my iPhone 3G , but my Droid Eris is awesome.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; ADR6200 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Agreed, but, if they do make a CDMA version of the new generation iPhone, that means that all the millions of existing GSM customers would have to switch carriers just to get it. That doesn't say much about Apples loyalty to them. I would say that they would need to make two versions if they wanted to spread their wings and keep the existing customers happy.

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Apple has to spread their carrier wings if they want to continue to truely grow.

I dont believe for one second AT&T will remain the only carrier

PIN/ID
    Retired
    It's hard to guess how they would implement all the changes?

Maybe release a LTE with spec bumps?
    Keep producing the current 3G with new specs bumps to match?

Big V likes to place their Big V on everything inside and out on devices and Apple does not do that. I think that is another interesting topic to think about. Picking up a new yet to be released iPhone that works on Big V but you would never know it by looking at it or turning it on. THAT WILL BE A FIRST.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I'm already running my iPhone on Verizon

lol

PIN/ID
    Retired
    How's the multi tasking?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast