Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red-faced Verizon Wireless has fired an undisclosed number of employees who couldn’t resist the chance ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Verizon fires workers who snooped on Obama cell records

Advertisement

Red-faced Verizon Wireless has fired an undisclosed number of employees who couldn’t resist the chance to peek into Barack Obama’s cellphone records, CNN reports.

[Read More]

focuztorch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Serves them right there is enough big brother going on in this world
    Via 8320 named silverhawk with one glowing red eye called cyclops (wap.pinstack.com)~

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I posted that article HERE the other day if you want to merge the threads hayden...
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    They should have prosecuted them as well - I think that's illegal (federal crime) unless you have a court order to do it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    They should have prosecuted them as well - I think that's illegal (federal crime) unless you have a court order to do it.

^^Then they would bring down more heat on themselves!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

jglee311 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    ohh yeah.....they want this to go away as quickly as possible.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Charges

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Who would file charges? Not Verizon

It would have to be the president elect for having his privacy violated.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    If I'm not mistaken the federal government can prosecute since its a federal crime. If barack did it it would be a civilsuit against Verizon and the individual people ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    omg, I cant believe that people are making such a big deal over this, the article said that it was just a run of the mill flip phone account, you couldn't get any valuable info other than phone numbers and length of talk time. If anyone actually believes that phone company employees dont do this very often, I'll be very surprised. And besides the account had been closed for like 6 months. When you are in the public eye this should be prepared for, like the paparazzi or something. now do i think they should have done it no, do i think they should be punished for it, yes, but the firing should have been enough, if the "president-elect" doesn't care about it enough to make a civil case out of it why should anyone try to make it a federal case. This is just another example of people blowing things out of perspective.
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RemyKirin View Post
    omg, I cant believe that people are making such a big deal over this.....When you are in the public eye this should be prepared for, like the paparazzi or something......This is just another example of people blowing things out of perspective.
    I agree completely with RemyKirin. People didn't make a big deal when someone hacked into Sarah Palin's email account out of curiosity about her, which also violated her privacy, but they will over Obama. Politicians know when they step into the spotlight, as Obama clearly has thrust himself, in not fulfilling his full first term as senator before running for president, that something like this was bound to happen.

curvin300 no está en línea Stack level 2
    All I can say snap out of that democrat or republican bias thing. All I know is that getting fired is not enough. That is federal! Those employees did not follow the company's policy and getting into someones Mail is federal.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    It's a very stupid thing for anyone to do. Here's a shot of him crackin:
    Last edited by azstar; 11-25-2008 at 01:37 AM. Reason: format edit

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by curvin300 View Post
    All I can say snap out of that democrat or republican bias thing. All I know is that getting fired is not enough. That is federal! Those employees did not follow the company's policy and getting into someones Mail is federal.
    Easy there turbo, Obama's email wasn't broken into, just calling records.Therefore there should be no Federal charges And I could care less about both of the national parties, they're both idiots in my opinion. This should not be a political issue.
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Yeah I read about this 2 days ago.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by RemyKirin View Post
    Easy there turbo, Obama's email wasn't broken into, just calling records.Therefore there should be no Federal charges And I could care less about both of the national parties, they're both idiots in my opinion. This should not be a political issue.
    Actually, it is a federal offense....do we remember the patriot act that went through the US Supreme court a while back??? What was that to do with? Phones.

And why is this such a big deal? Because it deals with someones privacy. Someone was a moron and blabbed their mouth...or didn't cover their cyber tracks. They got in trouble. If I found out a ton of employees cracked into my account and were checking out the phone numbers of my doctor, my dentist, my wifes cell, my mothers cell, my fathers sell...shoot, my Gyno....i'd be pissed and bet your hiney I'd go after them with everything I had...firing is not enough.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast