If you purchased a phone from Verizon recently, Verizon is extending its 30 day return ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Verizon Extends Holiday Returns - BlackBerry Storm Return Rumor

Advertisement

If you purchased a phone from Verizon recently, Verizon is extending its 30 day return policy which is a nice option for gift givers and receivers.

Holiday Returns: All purchases made between November 16 and December 15, 2008 may be returned or exchanged through January 15, 2009.

Dan Frommer at Silcon Alley Insider has interpreted the new policy along with 6 Twitters who twitter that they have returned their BlackBerry Storms along with something Boy Genius wrote to imply there is high return rate on the device.

Comments on the story were about 50/50 negative/positive from BlackBerry Storm owners. Yes some have returned their BlackBerry Storms but there are no concrete numbers.

Huge? As far as we can tell BlackBerry Storms are selling so well that there is a shortage. Yes we did see a rumor fly by that suggested that before the Firmware update came out, Verizon employees were made aware of the OS issues to help reassure customers.

In fact one commenter said that he was going to return it and after he downloaded the update he kept it.

If you order your BlackBerry Storm today from Verizon it should ship by December 22.

via wirelessandmobilenews.com

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    It isnt looking good if they are expecting returns and have to extend the policy
    My blackberry is anti-Obama Bin Llama

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    35-50% return rate? About the same on Bold. These guys are really making a name for themselves. While having focused on the consumer market, it unfortunately seems as though they and their carriers are trying to put Super Phones in the hands of everyone at a cost of next to nothing and it's showing up in the quality of their merchandise

kramed no está en línea Stack level 1
    How many blackberry customers are adept enough to upgrade the firmware the first week they buy the device?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by kramed View Post
    How many blackberry customers are adept enough to upgrade the firmware the first week they buy the device?

i would say...every one of them. the wireless upgrade is painless and a 1st grader could do it. the phone prompted that an upgrade was available. push a couple of buttons and BAM!
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    It isnt looking good if they are expecting returns and have to extend the policy
    they have done this in the past. it has nothing to do with the storm.

Conv3rt no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had no issues upgrading the OS on mine the first day, but it certainly wasn't OTA. I had mine for a month before I returned it, and the majority of people I know who had it, have sent it back. My business rep wasn't shocked when I made the return request.

But the people who love it, are fiercely loyal. I had a guy in a suit sitting next to me on a plane yesterday move after he and I had a casual conversation about his Storm. He claimed to love the touchscreen, but I think he was embarassed when I watched him struggle to type and make edits. Made me more proud of my lowly Curve.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conv3rt View Post
    I had no issues upgrading the OS on mine the first day, but it certainly wasn't OTA. I had mine for a month before I returned it, and the majority of people I know who had it, have sent it back. My business rep wasn't shocked when I made the return request.

But the people who love it, are fiercely loyal. I had a guy in a suit sitting next to me on a plane yesterday move after he and I had a casual conversation about his Storm. He claimed to love the touchscreen, but I think he was embarassed when I watched him struggle to type and make edits. Made me more proud of my lowly Curve.
    i would probably be embarrassed if you were watching me struggle typing on my laptop.

bigchoice no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32BFACF4

No, no, no...

Verizon does this every year to keep people from waiting until the last minute to buy phones as gifts. They have done it since I can remember (which would make it the life of the company or Sept of '99).

The Storm is not seeing ridiculous return levels. It is actually posting some of the lowest return rates. This number of returns is skewed by two factors: DOA and sold quantity.

First, VZW is using a separate sku to handle DOA or problematic handsets. This means the 1:1 (@ 100%) exchange is not effecting return rates. Secondly, the smartphone continues to be VZWs highest selling phone. This, of course will reduce the % of returns. Somewhere in the range of 750K handsets were sold launch weekend and currently between 10-15 Storms a day. On the return side, the stores are only seeing 1-2 devices returned per day.

The highest number of returns are coming from non EVDO coverage markets and first time touchscreen phones; however, Verizon needs to realize that the returned Storms are most likely lost customers. These customers held on for this offering and many who did not like this phone are finally giving in to the allure of the iPhone.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i would probably be embarrassed if you were watching me struggle typing on my laptop.
    Ok I am sitting here laughing with my wife looking at me funny as I imagine cat trying to use the screen of his laptop to type.