Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The BlackBerry Pearl 8130 will be available in two colors - silver and amethyst - ... Smartphone News forum

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Verizon 8130!

Advertisement

The BlackBerry Pearl 8130 will be available in two colors - silver and amethyst - from Verizon the beginning of November 2007. For more information, visit www.blackberrypearl8130.com.

Research In Motion (RIM) recently introduced the BlackBerry Pearl 8130, the first BlackBerry Pearl smartphone to run on CDMA networks. The new model stays true to the highly acclaimed style and compact design of the BlackBerry Pearl and comes packed with new features including communications enhancements, a striking new software interface, rich multimedia capabilities, built-in GPS and support for high-speed EV-DO networks.

"With its unique blend of functionality and design, the BlackBerry Pearl smartphone has been turning heads and winning praise from business users and consumers alike," said Mike Lazaridis, President and Co-CEO at Research In Motion. "The new BlackBerry Pearl 8130 builds on all the great features and aesthetic design that people love about the BlackBerry Pearl and offers an exceptional new choice for CDMA customers that are looking to upgrade their mobile phone."

The BlackBerry Pearl 8130 includes all of the features that have made BlackBerry smartphones popular among mobile users, including unrivaled email and messaging (SMS, IM, MMS(i)), web browsing, organizer and more. The new smartphone also expands on its communications and multimedia features and presents the entire offering with a striking new software interface.

ULTRA-SLEEK & STYLISH DESIGN
    The BlackBerry Pearl 8130 features a sleek, compact design measuring just 4.2" x 1.97" x .55" and weighing only 3.38 oz. It provides an intuitive user experience through its trackball navigation system and RIM's popular SureType keyboard system. SureType - which allows a narrower handset design while maintaining easy phone dialing and message typing - has been enhanced to allow word completion, easier editing misspelled words and a built-in spell checker.

ENHANCED SOFTWARE INTERFACE
    The BlackBerry Pearl 8130 features an updated visual interface and integrates a new font rendering technology that displays characters beautifully, with enhanced legibility at even the smallest point sizes. The new technology is evident throughout the visual interface, complementing the new look of the BlackBerry email client, calendar, address book, task list, memo pad and web browser, while also enhancing other applications.

The BlackBerry Browser is further improved with a new "Page View" option that displays a full web page on the screen along with a magnifying glass that allows the user to quickly and accurately point and zoom in on a specific area of the web page. Users can also press and hold the trackball to toggle between the "Column View" (which presents the web page in a continuous column for easy reading and scrolling on the go) and the "Page View." The new BlackBerry Browser also provides quicker access to Bookmarks and History, and supports the 3GPP RTSP Streaming protocol via EV-DO, so users can view streaming video from sites like m.youtube.com.

RICH MULTIMEDIA FEATURES
    The BlackBerry Pearl 8130 comes with a 2 megapixel camera with 5x digital zoom and enhanced flash. The new camera also supports video capture in two resolutions: 240x180 or 176x144 for sharing via MMS.

The media player now allows users to create and edit playlists right on the handset. Alternatively, users can manage their media files from their PC with the Roxio Media Manager for BlackBerry , which is included with the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software. The Roxio software was developed with Sonic and is based on the award-winning Roxio Easy Media Creator 9, making it easy for users to search for media files on their computer, view and organize them, create MP3 music files from CDs, add audio tags, album art, create playlists and convert files for optimal playback.

Roxio Photosuite 9 LE is also included - this comprehensive tool makes it easy to edit pictures and create photo albums. Pictures can also be cropped, rotated and straightened, redeye can be removed, and brightness, contrast and saturation levels can all be changed.

The BlackBerry Pearl 8130 supports the Bluetooth stereo audio profile (A2DP/AVRCP), and comes with a 3.5 mm stereo headset jack so users can plug in their preferred headphones or speakers. The handset also provides the convenience of an externally accessible microSD/SDHC memory card slot for additional storage of music, videos and pictures.

BUILT-IN GPS AND NAVIGATION [
    The BlackBerry Pearl 8130 includes built-in GPS to provide out-of-the-box support for location-based applications and services(i). BlackBerry Maps, which can conveniently guide users to their destination, now includes a local search capability that allows users to find local businesses, such as banks, hotels and restaurants, within a short driving distance. The local search feature in BlackBerry Maps was developed with support from Google .

ADVANCED PHONE FEATURES
    The BlackBerry Pearl 8130 offers many convenient phone features including Speaker Independent Voice Recognition (SIVR) for Voice Activated Dialing (VAD), Bluetooth® 2.0 support for hands-free use with headsets, car kits and Bluetooth peripherals, dedicated 'send', 'end', and 'mute' keys, smart dialing, speed dialing, conference calling, call forwarding, a low-distortion speakerphone for hands-free conversations and support for polyphonic, mp3 and MIDI ring tones.

The smartphone also includes new features that enhance phone audio quality including enhanced background noise, wind and echo cancellation for better performance in loud environments like airports, restaurants or busy downtown streets. An 'enhance call audio' feature also allows the user to boost the phone audio's bass or treble while on a call.

ACCESSORIES
    The BlackBerry Pearl 8130 also comes with a variety of accessories, including a stereo headset, travel charger, carrying pouch and USB cable. Additional accessories for BlackBerry handsets, including premium leather holsters and totes, an automotive charger, and Bluetooth headsets are available through retail outlets or online at www.shopblackberry.com.

The BlackBerry Pearl 8130 is supported on BlackBerry Internet Service, giving users access to up to 10 supported business or personal email accounts (including most popular ISP email accounts), as well as BlackBerry Enterprise Server, enabling advanced security and IT administration within IBM Lotus Domino , Microsoft Exchange and Novell GroupWise environments.
    Last edited by I7oobie; 10-09-2007 at 10:54 AM.
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Verizon 8130!

Lots of verizon customers are going to be very very happy

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

thanks Doobie

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

ENHANCED SOFTWARE INTERFACE
    The BlackBerry Pearl 8130 features an updated visual interface and integrates a new font rendering technology that displays characters beautifully, with enhanced legibility at even the smallest point sizes. The new technology is evident throughout the visual interface, complementing the new look of the BlackBerry email client, calendar, address book, task list, memo pad and web browser, while also enhancing other applications.

The BlackBerry Browser is further improved with a new "Page View" option that displays a full web page on the screen along with a magnifying glass that allows the user to quickly and accurately point and zoom in on a specific area of the web page. Users can also press and hold the trackball to toggle between the "Column View" (which presents the web page in a continuous column for easy reading and scrolling on the go) and the "Page View." The new BlackBerry Browser also provides quicker access to Bookmarks and History, and supports the 3GPP RTSP Streaming protocol via EV-DO, so users can view streaming video from sites like m.youtube.com

I solely wish............
    BB8900 is mine!

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

All we can do is wait and see.

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

I'm very excited to hear that this phone is coming out much sooner than I originally anticipated. But before I buy three things I have to make sure are available, functional GPS even if I have to pay. Lower data costs, and more than 160 characters per text message. On my 8830 than one thing alone drives me crazy! And if it really does come in two colors the misses and I can have the same phone!

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3

I think "amethyst" is purple. Probably "anthracite"?

sirial no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Where's the tmo p2? Come on RIM!!

volsfan0911 no está en línea Stack level 1

If VZW doesn't find someway to lock you into VZNavigator, it'll be a first (albeit a very welcome one). I've just had it with the POS Treo 700wx BRICK they forced me into as a replacement for the equally POS MotoQ they sold me (granted, it was free after rebates, but come on, it was/is terrible). Although VZW has awesome coverage and generally good customer service, I've just had it with crappy phones that are a year behind the GSM folks along with overpricing them. So, as soon as the 8310 hits the AT&T store Thursday morning, I will look forward to becoming a Crackberry addict along with hopefully getting more than one day of battery life (seriously, my T700 dies after about 6 hours - and that is very little voice and light email traffic incoming). Plus the option at least to use BB maps OR google maps OR yahoo if I want the free services. I probably will pay TeleNav $10/month if it's significantly better (could care less since it's reimbursed) but I at least want that choice. Are you listening VZW? Aww hell no, who am I kidding?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by IHateMyTreo
    I think "amethyst" is purple. Probably "anthracite"?
    ya...kinda purplish hue, but definately not amethyst...someone is color blind

regor99 no está en línea Stack level 2

nickjoedot com try cellity.com gives you 2000+ words per SMS text and uses your blackberry GPRS to send for free! Only thing the other person must have it also installed on their phone but its great when speaking to my missus when she is abroad and she is a stewardess so we save major money.

gjb1124 no está en línea Stack level 2

Ppppuhlease Tmo....get this phone soon.

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

Quote Originally Posted by gjb1124
    Ppppuhlease Tmo....get this phone soon.

it is about time CDMA carriers get some RIM love(*cough* Verizon *cough*) , so I so say no to moving to other carriers :P

aznjewelzz no está en línea Stack level 1

I thought that the 3 big things about the new phone were: WiFi, GPS, and better camera, well they said nothing about wifi. Am I missing something or is the new phone not going to have it now?

FiddlerMD no está en línea Device Pro

there's no wifi. there IS gps but might be disabled by verizon (like they do with others and then charge $10/mo for vzw navigator), and the camera IS better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast