One in 10 would be 'devastated' if parted from device Will Head, vnunet.com 22 Aug ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Users cannot live without 'lifesaver' BlackBerry

Advertisement

One in 10 would be 'devastated' if parted from device

Will Head, vnunet.com 22 Aug 2006
    Nine out of 10 BlackBerry users view their device as a lifesaver, research has claimed. A study conducted by YouGov on behalf of T-Mobile found that 90 per cent of BlackBerry users consider their handset vital in maintaining good business relations.

One in 10 admitted that they would be 'devastated' if their BlackBerry was taken away, while half would be worried about missing important emails or calls. More than a third would be 'stressed' if they were out of the office without their device, and 18 per cent would not be able to cope with their current workload. Over two thirds also felt that a BlackBerry improved their status and made them look more professional.

The ability to reply to email on the move has helped to avoid legal issues for 12 per cent of those questioned, while 15 per cent have won new business as a result. Over 60 per cent of those questioned felt that their BlackBerry helped them achieve a good work/life balance by enabling them to stay on top of business and personal lives while out of the office.

"We live in a world where business is done anywhere and at anytime, and the ability to check emails on the move is keeping BlackBerry users one step ahead of the game," said Derek Williamson, head of business marketing at T-Mobile UK. "It is helping businesses to avoid legal issues, improve customer service and even convert new business leads."

Researchers in the US recently warned that firms wiring up their workers with BlackBerry devices and other equipment that provides always-on connectivity with the office may wind up liable for encouraging work addiction among staff.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Re: Users cannot live without 'lifesaver' BlackBerry

I know I would be totally lost with out mine. I walk around all day talking to someone on it in one form or other. You take that away and I just may have a postal moment. I mean how would I cuminicate with people without my Blackberry? A normal cell phone? How barbaric!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Cool. Lawsuits against our employers for causing "work addiction". Can you say Class Action?

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I know I'm one of those 1/3 who are stressed without mine, when I've gotten the dreaded "jvm 102"!

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~lol @ jvm 102. Nasty nasty nasty

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

bb's are great devices and i cant live without mine - i put my down last night for about 3 hours and kept looking at it like every 5 mins.
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda

bb is a great addiction to have thats why I have my own not company provided. I use it tons for my day to day workload and can't see any other means of doing business