I know that many carriers and phone manufacturers will warranty a battery for up to ... Smartphone News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

US Cellular Introduces a Battery Swap Program

I know that many carriers and phone manufacturers will warranty a battery for up to 12 months, I have swapped out many myself just within that 1 year time frame. But I have also had batteries suddenly, mysteriously begin to die just weeks after the 12 month mark. US Cellular is now offering a free swap for our dead or dying battery. I hope some of the other carriers decide to not be shown up by the little guy and start offering the same!

"On May 19 U.S. Cellular will launch an industry-leading Battery Swap program, where customers can come into a store and change out a dead or dying battery for a fully-charged one, for free. U.S. Cellular is the only wireless company to offer this service.

"Our Battery Swap program is perfect for people who depend on their wireless devices as their lifelines, such as business people, parents, not to mention heavy users who drain their battery daily," said Jay Ellison, executive vice president and COO of U.S. Cellular. "We’re offering this service to help our customers stay connected."

"Consumers who are watching their spending closely can use the Battery Swap program to extend the life of their phone without having to purchase a new battery, which generally cost about $40. U.S. Cellular phones that have been purchased in the last 18 months are eligible for the program"

[read more]
    Last edited by azstar; 05-18-2009 at 11:12 PM.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

coca_74 no está en línea Stack level 2
    sounds great! specially for Blackberry users!