Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Oh yeah, the desktop software adds crapware roxio without ANY option during install to NOT ... Smartphone News forum

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Upgrade to latest BlackBerry Desktop Software v4.3

Advertisement

Oh yeah, the desktop software adds crapware roxio without ANY option during install to NOT install that crap. Bundled software FTL!

myberrysrblack no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ how do u know what version of DM ur currently running???

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by myberrysrblack View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ how do u know what version of DM ur currently running???
    open ur desktop manager...click on help menu -> about desktop manager...should tell u the version of the DM u r running!

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Quote Originally Posted by Schufly View Post
    I agree. Roxio is mess....and is it really neccessary?
    Absolutly NOT! Just use drag & drop. (mass storage)

Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post
    i wish they would release a version without roxio like they did with 4.2
    You can install w/o Roxio. To un-install, click the install exe, and un-check the Roxio option.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

hollie91999 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have upgraded to this new version, but am now unable to load any aplications. It is giving me the saying that unable to load due to additional applicaitons needed? what can I do about this.

quassi61 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21933bd3

This is Good I like the check for updates feature but when is there going to be a os upgrade?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

I just upgraded to DM 4.3, (Desktop Software v4.3 (Multi-language)), and got 4 "error 1904" in the middle of the install. I didn't write down the long test that ended with instructions for me to "contact my support rep" - thought the msg # would do.

Anyone gotten anything like that while installing? I've looked through all the Blackberry.com I can get to without success...I thought there was an error index or something like that out there but I was unable to find it. Since my BB is "out" for a few days I have no idea whether it works or not.

Clues or pointer to errors anyone?
    Last edited by jblackfish; 02-25-2008 at 03:35 PM. Reason: to correct the error number (off by 1)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Mobile Empire no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I just upgraded to DM 4.3, (Desktop Software v4.3 (Multi-language)), and got an "error 1903" in the middle of the install. I didn't write down the long test that ended with instructions for me to "contact my support rep" - thought the msg # would do.

Anyone gotten anything like that while installing? I've looked through all the Blackberry.com I can get to without success...I thought there was an error index or something like that out there but I was unable to find it. Since my BB is "out" for a few days I have no idea whether it works or not.

Clues or pointer to errors anyone?
    I got the same error. But a couple times. I just went back to 4.2 which installs fine and works so why fix it if its not broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Empire View Post
    I got the same error. But a couple times. I just went back to 4.2 which installs fine and works so why fix it if its not broken.
    I'm headed back to 4.2, sp 2. I then am going to try to install 4.3 over that. GaryF said that's the way he'd conquered this problem. If that doesn't work I'll just go back to 4.2. I'll post results but it may be tomorrow. This is NOT a fast process - install, uninstall, install, etc. etc.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I'm headed back to 4.2, sp 2. I then am going to try to install 4.3 over that. GaryF said that's the way he'd conquered this problem. If that doesn't work I'll just go back to 4.2. I'll post results but it may be tomorrow. This is NOT a fast process - install, uninstall, install, etc. etc.
    All that effort to get a clean install of DM 4.3 failed - I get the same errors no matter what I did so I went back to DM 4.2, sp 2 simply because it works and it installs clean.

When I have more time I'll try to work out eliminating or resolving the errors but, as said before, it's a little time-consuming doing all this and I it's not a priority for me right now.

Mobile Empire no está en línea Stack level 3

All that effort to get a clean install of DM 4.3 failed - I get the same errors no matter what I did so I went back to DM 4.2, sp 2 simply because it works and it installs clean.

When I have more time I'll try to work out eliminating or resolving the errors but, as said before, it's a little time-consuming doing all this and I it's not a priority for me right now.
    Im sorry. I should have posted that I had tried all that already :/ But yeah although 4.3 looked so much better I'd rather have a bland yet working 4.2

r1ckynutz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241D1B73

i d/l 4.3 and i get the message "desktopsoftwarev4.3.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
    I cant even install the Upgrade
    Last edited by r1ckynutz; 03-07-2008 at 10:13 AM.

r1ckynutz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241D1B73

Ttt...?

YONASMOBILE no está en línea Stack level 1

HEY ANY ONE WHO NEED TO KNOW HOW TO HARD RESET AND UNLOCK USER CODE
    BLACK BERRY CHECK ME ON YONASMOBILE@YAHOO.COM MESSENGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12