10 most downloaded FREE IM, Email, Browser & chat software on Pinstack.com: Opera Mini Web ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Updated: Top 10 Most downloaded Free BlackBerry Software

Advertisement

10 most downloaded FREE IM, Email, Browser & chat software on Pinstack.com:
    1. Opera Mini Web Browser - Opera Mini Web Browser. Alternative to RIM's built in Browser.
    2. Ramble IM (AOL IM) - Ramble is an application designed to let users access the AOL Instant Messenger network via a Research in Motion BlackBerry device.
    3. eMsn IM - eMsn IM runs on most java-phones including most RIM Blackberries.
    4. ebuddy Mobile -You can use eBuddy to chat with your friends on MSN, Yahoo and AIM using your Blackberry.
    5. Pocket Express for Blackberry - Fast, easy, wireless access to news, weather, sports, stocks, 411 directory lookups, maps, directions and more via Blackberry.
    6. PinStack.com BB Launcher OTA (over-the-air) - Now you can take us anywhere! With access to our main BlackBerry news Blog (site entrance), Blackberry forums, free 3rd party OTA downloads, private messages and much more!
    7. Plusmo - Offline Browser - locate the nearest Starbucks, find cheap gas nearby, read your friend's MySpace blog, read movie reviews, check out neat photos, download popular blogs and more.
    8. Mobi Reader 6.0 for Blackberry
    9. Mobileplay - Get free news, weather, sports, stocks, movie listings, games and much more for your mobile device.
    10. Berry Bloglines - Berry Bloglines is a free, open source RSS Reader optimized for reading news feeds and blogs on the Blackberry.
    Also see updated:
    Featured: Windows LIVE Search - Live Search for BlackBerry BETA is the essential mobile companion. Local search, maps, directions, and more—all custom designed for BlackBerry.

clickmouse no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2076B7F6

Re: Updated: Top 10 Most downloaded Free BlackBerry Software

Thanks for posting this list Hayden...I'm off to check out a few of these right now!

dvst8ion no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanx for the update!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

There's some good stuff on here.
    Thanks

danigoldman no está en línea Stack level 1

Nice to see Opera Mini on the top of the list

Daniel
    Opera Software

patcatuk no está en línea Stack level 3

That eMsn IM is IMhere and it don't work on my 8700g os4.2.1.108.

It stops after completing 75% in setup and after a battery pull and reboot, selecting the apps icon from the menu just freezes my 8700.

Oh well, I can't complain. It was free after all.

craftman no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    OU812

Thanks Hayden

rdskill no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Updated: Top 10 Most downloaded Free BlackBerry Software

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    10 most downloaded FREE IM, Email, Browser & chat software on Pinstack.com:

4. ebuddy Mobile -You can use eBuddy to chat with your friends on MSN, Yahoo and AIM using your Blackberry.

Went to ebuddy's site. They do not list the Blackberry or RIM in their list of supported phones.

floridadomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317ce3cd

went to the Ramble link:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...&id=36&catid=3
    and it was a bad link

blacknight0180 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2445561A

Yahoo IM for all providers how come it does not work for my 8310?? is it because I have ATT? ERROR "service not enabled for this handheld."
    -=BlacKnight=-

skigsc10 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Opera Mini Download

After seeing the post yesterday, I investigated Opera mini browser as an alternative to the standard BB browser. It has some really cool features, like being able to see web pages as they are supposed to be viewed, with the ability to zoom in/out to move around effectively throughout. The start page is far more user-friendly, with the ability to manipulate it as you see fit (bookmarks, browser speeddial, etc.)

However, there are a few things that I did notice. 1) - and it is likely I simply haven't figured it out - is that they advertise being able to switch into 'landscape mode' through a combination of * and #. This has not worked for me. 2) when zoomed out of a page, it would be nice if the zoom window moved more fluently as controlled by the trackball. I would guess that this is something that will be addressed with future updates.

Other than these two minor complaints, one of which is likely pilot error, I think opera is a great browser, and a nice alternative to the mundane stock BB browser.

danigoldman no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Opera Mini Download

Quote Originally Posted by skigsc10 View Post
    However, there are a few things that I did notice. 1) - and it is likely I simply haven't figured it out - is that they advertise being able to switch into 'landscape mode' through a combination of * and #. This has not worked for me. 2) when zoomed out of a page, it would be nice if the zoom window moved more fluently as controlled by the trackball. I would guess that this is something that will be addressed with future updates.
    1) The combination of the * and # shouldn't be pressed at the same time. First press the *, and then the #. Let me know if that works for you.

2) When in overview mode (i.e. zoomed out), the zoom rectangle will attempt to adjust itself to the center of the closest column. This way, when you zoom in, you don't have to make any adjustments to the right or left.

Daniel
    Opera Software