I got an email this morning letting me know that the Slacker Radio apps for ... Smartphone News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Updated Slacker Radio App for iPhone & BlackBerry

Advertisement

I got an email this morning letting me know that the Slacker Radio apps for BlackBerry and iPhone have been updated! The BlackBerry version is now 2.0.2. Of course the app is still free and there is the option to upgrade to Slacker Plus for $3.99 per month which will give you unlimitted skips, no ads and more. Other than dramatically faster skips, it doesn't specify what the other improvements are for BlackBerry.

The iPhone update mentions faster song to song transitions, since there is no mention of this for BlackBerry I am assuming the lag is still there but I am testing it out to see if there has been some improvement.

Download for BlackBerry here

For iPhone find Slacker in the App Store

**Note that if you are already a Slacker user for BlackBerry it will not replace the old version so you will either have both versions or delete the old one before you download the new. The file size for the app is still huge, 1.5mb so having both will really bog down memory on the older devices!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    the lag on the Blackberry is improved as well!!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks, Az! I didn't get an email...probably because I'm a "free" user - are you a subscriber. Anyway, I'm a big fan as you know downloading now.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Nope, I'm a free user too, but maybe when you signed up you opted out of emails??

And @rpol, yes the lag does seem better
    Twitter? My Apps List

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Nope, I'm a free user too, but maybe when you signed up you opted out of emails??.............
    That's probably it. I opt out about half of the time.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Thanks for the info, free user oted out too **
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4
    I got an email for Slacker as well. I got a notice on the iphone mentioning there was an update available.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Weird that I can't get it to DL on my "wi-fi-only" 8320 - didn't have this problem with the previous version. When I go to the web site instead of going to the page with the "download" button it automatically begins a download that never completes.

I got it on the 8330 though.

This is FUNNY! I just this minute got the email from Slacker about the upgrade that Azstar posted in the OP. It was dated, Friday, May 29! Way to be on top of punctual delivery sbcglobal.net! The other "funny" thing" is that I'm NOT surprised!

Haha, gotta love it when that happens, yeah slacker sent those out friday night
    Twitter? My Apps List

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I was playing with slacker over the weekend, I had 8 stations cached and it took a good hour and a half, but then my BB wanted to update when I hooked up to DM, so i did it, and then this morning at work i thought i would listen to my cache and it had been deleted by the upgrade.. not happy and i think it takes to long to cache stations.

I just checked, I thought I downloaded this like wed or thurs, but anyway its the new version so I already got it

I am kind of liking pandora better..
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Quote Originally Posted by rashard View Post
    I was playing with slacker over the weekend, I had 8 stations cached and it took a good hour and a half, but then my BB wanted to update when I hooked up to DM, so i did it, and then this morning at work i thought i would listen to my cache and it had been deleted by the upgrade.. not happy and i think it takes to long to cache stations.

I just checked, I thought I downloaded this like wed or thurs, but anyway its the new version so I already got it

I am kind of liking pandora better..
    R, Take a look at you media card by using "explore" if you have that option to see if maybe the cache is there and just not showing. I can't believe that an upgrade would do anything to the data on your media card.

I know the advice when upgrading is to remove the card but I never have and have never had a problem that I'm aware of by leaving it it. I certainly never lost data!

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Weird that I can't get it to DL on my "wi-fi-only" 8320 - ..............................
    Just to followup with my solution to this problem, I had changed my browser emulation mode to "Internet Explorer" - if your emulation mode is anything other than "Blackberry" Slacker won't recognize your device and will take you to the wrong site.

I set it to Blackberry and it DL'd fine.