Just got off the phone with a Verizon Wireless Rep. I saw the 8703e was ... Smartphone News forum

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Thumbs up Update - Verizon Wireless 8703e

Advertisement

Just got off the phone with a Verizon Wireless Rep. I saw the 8703e was available online, but couldn't make the purchase...was directed to call in instead.

After talking a few with a great rep (she was very nice, informative and willing to help me to the fullest) we found out that although the model shows available online for purchase, it is a new release...but isn't available for release (did I loose you???) It also shows to be in stock, but on the Reps end, it doesn't show on their list of available items for sale (oh and full retial price is going to be $469.00...oh well, a small price to pay!!!)! Darn...I was bummed out...

But...the rep that I spoke to was kind enough to offer to continue follow up with me personally to let me know the status of the phone and she actually took my order and will keep it on her desk so that when the model becomes available and she contacts me...I can purchase it ASAP!!! I can't wait!

This is the main reason as to why I switched from Sprint to Verizon Wireless. This is the second time in two months that I have had to make contact with them (face-to-face or telephonically) and I have got superior service each time! As a matter of fact, this recent inquiry far surpassed what I thought was unsurpassable from my previous experience!!! I guess I could have mine in a little as a week or so!!!

Again...I can't wait! Here's some info directly from the site!!!

BlackBerry 8703e™
    BlackBerry 8703e helps you get more out of life by letting you stay connected to family, friends and work. It delivers complete BlackBerry® functionality, including phone, email and text messaging, browser, organizer applications, instant messaging and BroadbandAccess Connect service. Plus, its powerful processor gives you extra memory for applications and ensures a fast, responsive experience whenever you browse the web, view graphics or open attachments. With its familiar QWERTY style keyboard layout, you can quickly and accurately compose messages.
    Back to Phones

You must select a contract term to continue.

$349.99 price- 100.00 online discount$249.992-year contract$399.99 1-year contractLarger View
    Basic Information
    Usage time: up to 198 minutes
    Standby time: up to 192 hours
    Size: 4.3H x 2.7W x 0.77D inches
    Weight: 4.7 oz
    Basic Features
    • All Digital Phone
    • Bluetooth® Capable
    • Tethered Modem support for BroadbandAccess Connect
    • Up to 64 MB Flash Memory/16 MB SRAM
    • LCD Screen with bright LED backlight (320 x 240 pixels)
    • TTY Compatible
    • Hearing Aid Compatibility = M4/T4
      For details on Hearing Aid Compatibility, select this link
    • Meets FCC SAR limit. Manufacturer's highest FCC reported SAR 1.44 at ear, 1.55 on body. Actual SAR may vary.
    *The RIM BlackBerry 8703e supports the following Bluetooth profiles: wireless headset, hands-free accessories and device synching with compatible PCs. It does not support object exchange (OBEX) profiles

The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties of and trademarks or registered trademarks of Research In Motion Limited - used by permission.

Phones & Devices Support

<H3 class=tertiaryHeadline1 style="PADDING-TOP: 10px">Supported or Optional Features</H3>

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Update - Verizon Wireless 8703e

So the berry is on the website but you can not actually buy it yet?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    3G

Yep...that is exactly what my sales rep told me. Shouldn't bee too long though! Probably tomorrow...I hope...but I'm getting mine regardless of the timeframe!!!

Hmm, seems like bad business to me. I would not be as happy as you to wait another day.
    Last edited by melissaox; 09-17-2006 at 07:23 PM.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

I've seen Cingular do the same thing with the Nokia 6682! It's sad, sometimes I think they are just 'testing the water'!

PIN/ID
    3G

I've never had a problem having to wait! It's all good. It's possible that since the launch date is on a Sunday that the actual availability won't be until the next business date. And I already have a 713.e that isn't even 1.5 months old...so I'll continue training with this model, receive and activate my 8703e, then sell my 7130e on eBay and get some of my cheese back!!! Either way I'll still be just as happy!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Well, if the launch date falls on a weekend, would it not be wise to switch the launch date to the next business day? Rhetorical, of course...

It's not like someone is exactly forcing them to make the relaesed date a 'particular' date...

PIN/ID
    3G

No idea...but either way it goes, like stayed before...I will have mine soon!

rrsarge no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2040AD56

Next question: What os does it come with...and if it's 4.2 can you get ahold of it?

rrsarge - ohhhhh good question.... 4.2 on an 8700ish device.... tempting
    Maybe that means it will come out soon for regular 8700.

UH8ME - you are one patient berry owner! Sometimes I wish I was.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    3G

Mel...I look at it this way...I had to wait an entire year to get my 7130e (I was stationed in South Korea)! I can wait a few days to a week for the 8703e!

I can feel that qwerty on my fingers right now...soothing!!! LOL!!!

tony597fittr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B9B8D

Yeah, Verizons cust. service is great when they are selling you something. Just wait until you need a new phone or warranty replacement, GOOD LUCK! My wife and I have had Verizon for 6 years now and the cust. service has gone downhill. My contract is up in a month and I will be porting my number over to T-Mobile.
    Good Luck.

PIN/ID
    3G

I haven't had bad customer service anytime from VZW. Whether buying a new phone, hooking me up with a huge discount even though I wasn't even close to my re-up time or to switch numbers between phones...it's been too notch everytime! Now Sprint...that is/was a different story all together!

rrsarge no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2040AD56

Quote Originally Posted by UH8ME
    Mel...I look at it this way...I had to wait an entire year to get my 7130e (I was stationed in South Korea)! I can wait a few days to a week for the 8703e!

I can feel that qwerty on my fingers right now...soothing!!! LOL!!!

UH8ME - Can you check to see what OS ver. is on the 8703e?