I know that many stackers were disappointed when SnapScreen first came out that it would ... Smartphone News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Update to SnapScreen: Now works on OS 4.2.2 and higher!!

Advertisement

I know that many stackers were disappointed when SnapScreen first came out that it would only work on OS 4.3 and higher. But the developer, Virtual Views, has found a way to make it work on OS 4.2.2, it saves images as a bmp file instead of a jpg like it does on OS 4.3 and higher.

There is a free trial available, here's a link to my original review of SnapScreen:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=69021

In the first post is the URL to download the trial or buy the app from the Pinstack store.

If any of you with 4.2.2 try it, post some screenshots, I'm just wondering how much difference there is between the image quality of bmp vs. jpg

Later when I get the chance, I'll update my review to reflect that the app now works on 4.2.2
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 05-30-2008 at 05:55 PM. Reason: added additional link
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Omg...I'm on 4.2.1...
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i grabbed this the other day and i love it and the price is

dj_polak15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    isnt the main difference between the pearls is the OS? 8100-4.2.1, 8120-4.2.2, 8130-4.3

Quote Originally Posted by dj_polak15 View Post
    isnt the main difference between the pearls is the OS? 8100-4.2.1, 8120-4.2.2, 8130-4.3
    No, actually the latest software versions for the 8110, 8120, and 8130 are all 4.3;

8300, 8310, and 8320 have 4.2.2 as newest, and the 8330 has 4.3

...the 8830 uses 4.2.2

But......I'm not quite sure what you're getting at though......this app is not specifically for the Pearl...it's for any BB woth software package 4.2.2 or higher.
    Twitter? My Apps List

dj_polak15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    No, actually the latest software versions for the 8110, 8120, and 8130 are all 4.3;

8300, 8310, and 8320 have 4.2.2 as newest, and the 8330 has 4.3

...the 8830 uses 4.2.2

But......I'm not quite sure what you're getting at though......this app is not specifically for the Pearl...it's for any BB woth software package 4.2.2 or higher.

awwwwwww... owell thanks though trust points coming your way

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3
    Y was I not given an option on where to store da pics da snapscreen takes it told me SS was stored to internal memory....I would rather store on MEMcard
    Last edited by butterfly2; 06-03-2008 at 11:00 PM.
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

Snapscreen will usually automatically save to your media card unless one of the following is not set properly: 1st, do you have a media card in your BB. 2nd was your BB hooked to the computer via USB and mass storage mode on when you took the screen shot? That could be why it saved to the internal memory....also is media card support turned on??

Now about how to get a screen shot.....there are several ways. The best way is to assign Snapscreen to a convenience key, then you just push the button and get whatever screen you are seeing. Another is to open the application switcher, SnapScreen is always there so just scroll to it and select it in the app switcher bar and take your screenshot. Also in many built in applications, snapscreen will appear in the list when you hit the menu key......let me know if you still have questions.
    Twitter? My Apps List

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Snapscreen will usually automatically save to your media card unless one of the following is not set properly: 1st, do you have a media card in your BB. 2nd was your BB hooked to the computer via USB and mass storage mode on when you took the screen shot? That could be why it saved to the internal memory....also is media card support turned on??

Now about how to get a screen shot.....there are several ways. The best way is to assign Snapscreen to a convenience key, then you just push the button and get whatever screen you are seeing. Another is to open the application switcher, SnapScreen is always there so just scroll to it and select it in the app switcher bar and take your screenshot. Also in many built in applications, snapscreen will appear in the list when you hit the menu key......let me know if you still have questions.
    Media supp is ON and no bb was not plugged up via comp....I tried taking another SS and it said that same thing it stored pic in internal mem...this is da trial ver could that be y?
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Question...

I have the 4.2 now so if I was to upgrade will it work on my 4.5 automatically? Or would I have to re-download?
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    Question...

I have the 4.2 now so if I was to upgrade will it work on my 4.5 automatically? Or would I have to re-download?
    It will work fine with 4.5.....no need for a different version......but it will only work now if you have 4.2.2...not on 4.2.1...I didn't look to see what BB or OS you have so just wanted to give you a heads up. I know several stacker running the beta 4.5 OS have SnapsScreen working for them.
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    Aight cool thanks, this is one app to have and that goes for all BB users.

--HeavyC.

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly2 View Post
    Media supp is ON and no bb was not plugged up via comp....I tried taking another SS and it said that same thing it stored pic in internal mem...this is da trial ver could that be y?

It should save to the media card even in the trial version...how much free space do you have on your memory card?

Also...go to media/menu/explore/media card/blackberry/pictures/...is there a folder there for SnapScreen?
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    My trial is over, I forgot I already downloaded before. ..................so um does anyone have a register code? J/K

--HeavyC.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    My trial is over, I forgot I already downloaded before. ..................so um does anyone have a register code? J/K
    haha yeah I'll sell it to you for 5.99
    Twitter? My Apps List