Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by fbriceno97 How did you miss the fact of removable Battery? Able to ... Smartphone News forum

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by fbriceno97 View Post
    How did you miss the fact of removable Battery?

Able to remove/change the battery by yourself:
    Of course man, why you mention this basic thing (storm)?.....

Pay to get it done and besides you have to leave me few days (iPhone)....

Very good point that was missed...
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    omg another BB/iphone thread

DoubleAUNK03 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    302A4272

That's right!

Those specs just go to show you how much BlackBerry is better than the iPhone/Apple products.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by skelzer View Post
    LOL... guess Vodaphone beat you to it, the iPhone theme already comes preinstalled!

Did a little searching yesterday and came up on someone's website (don't even remember who) that they were complaining wondering why Apple hasn't gone after Vodafone for "Stolen Pictures". I would bet that he has never used a BB before and didn't realize that the pics weren't stolen but were of an iPhone Theme. lol

Zo

RadDuke no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am a little bummed to see that the Storm screen supports 65K colors and the iphone 16 million colors. I'm not sure how that really applies to how the screen looks but I'm sure it has to make some kind of difference??!?

backdraft999 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20C8618D

WiFi

I am honestly shocked that the Storm does not have WiFi. What's up with that? I know 3G is fast, but still...

mrocchi85 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Doesn't blackberry have the exclusive on push technology?? I was under the understanding that the iphone was pull, refershing it's email at a pre determined time interval, therefore draining battery life...maybe i'm wrong...it does suck, no wi-fi on the storm..

spike41615 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BD9F4
    Quote Originally Posted by backdraft999 View Post
    I am honestly shocked that the Storm does not have WiFi. What's up with that? I know 3G is fast, but still...

its called Verizon...they wouldnt want people having wifi and browsing for free...they would lose money that way...(gasp). No matter how good "the network" is, there will always be a spot where you dont have coverage and wifi could save the day

Johnbrunin no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EC574A
    Great chart and comparison. I can't wait to get my hands on a Storm!

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

This question my have already been posted and answered somewhere but I was just wondering if anyone knew if the new storm is going to be able to support more than a 16 gig microSD card. I think that this is the biggest size out right now but you know how technology advances so quick. Either way I am still looking forward to the release of this phone.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I had heard that it will actually handle up to 32gb, but here is the latest SD card capacity information from RIM.
    Last edited by RogerG; 10-10-2008 at 04:59 PM.

AceBB no está en línea Stack level 3

A few points iPhone 3G vs BB Storm or Bold or the new Curve

I was a BB user for almost 6 years, having gone through each of the new BB's: Pearl, Curve, 8800 and the Bold for a short period. I am currently an iPhone 3G user.

For those BB users that feel that the iPhone 3G is inferior, let me tell you how wrong you are. I have put my iPhone 3G up against every new BB including the BOLD and the STORM and I can tell you with the utmost certainty that the iPhone 3G dominates.

Yes, yes.. I know that I can't copy/paste or send MMS messages but so what. I do have push email, and I don't use Mobile Me. I am a power user that receives and sends about 80 emails per day including attachments and I probably schedule about 10 events per day using calendar.

The ONLY things I wish I had on my iPhone that RIM has on all their devices are:
    • copy/paste (would be nice, but I can live without it surprisingly. there are various other options such as select the text and email it to someone.)
    • invite attendees to meetings (this feature would be fantastic. currently I have to send requests from my laptop or desktop)
    • voice dialing
    With the expetion of these three issues, which aren't all that horrible, I am a fully converted from a BB power user to an iPhone 3G user.

RIM is a great company. Apple is a great company. If you really want to know which phone is best, you have to get both and test them side by side for at least 2 days. In the end, it all comes down to the user.
    .:*~*:._.:*~*:. AceBB .:*~*:._.:*~*:.
    Everything you ought to know @ http://www.christopheraceto.com

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3
    So in conclusion....the Storm wins

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by ice44 View Post
    Storm vs iPhone....

I have used the iPhone for 1 day...my buddy and I traded phones for a day...he used my 8310 and I used his iPhone....

Texting on the iPhone screen is WACK ....My buddy said after the 3rd text reply to me on my BB he was hooked....

Last night I went to a Verizon store to pay my moms cell phone bill and the Manager had a storm he was playing with....I asked him if I could play with it some....the first thing I did was send an email to my BB and I noticed how easy the Lanscape keyboard was to use and the FEEDBACK it gives you is cool....took me less then 1 mins to get use to the keyboard....

in the end...I still say the iPhone got

thats some funny stuff

Rota no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by backdraft999 View Post
    I find that a serious downfall of the Storm.

As an iPhone 3G owner I am extremely impressed, but no wifi would be a dealbreaker for me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast