Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

nice grid, thanks! fyi, the talk time numbers are reversed. - iphone 3G is only ... Smartphone News forum

skelzer no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

nice grid, thanks!
    fyi, the talk time numbers are reversed.

- iphone 3G is only 5.0 hours

and depending on where you go...

- storm is 5.5
    http://www.blackberry.com/blackberry...ications.shtml
    or
    - storm is 6.0
    BlackBerryStorm.pdf

there's a LOT of goods in this new phone that the iPhone lacks... checkmate.

spike41615 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BD9F4
    the whole texting issue is a draw for me. Im a FAST typer on my curve...and just as fast on my iphone..if not faster. Because the "keys" arent physical, i dont have to spend as much time (however little it is) on each key pressing down and releasing. I only let my finger up slightly between keys.

spike41615 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BD9F4
    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    i don't understand why wifi is always mentioned 1 on CDMA its not needed who cares about other people speed tests ive tried wifi over CDMA speeds and it sucked even tho it was better then i give up EDGE speeds 2 if your going to be home using wifi which needs a internet connection why not just use a REAL computer i mean really is it just me and please don't say sit in some coffee shop

I can think of dozens of times in the last WEEK where wifi has been a big help both on my iphone and curve. No matter how good "the network" is. You will always have spots where you dont have a signal. Having wifi helps alot. It lets you keep doing what you were doing even if you dont have a carrier signal. And the whole point of mobile technology is to move AWAY from desktop computers. Thats seems to be the focus of technology currently. And I'd actually rather use my phone for internet. Im relying more and more on RSS and such to get my news, which makes getting information extremely fast and efficient.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by fbriceno97 View Post
    How did you miss the fact of removable Battery?

Able to remove/change the battery by yourself:
    Of course man, why you mention this basic thing (storm)?.....

Pay to get it done and besides you have to leave me few days (iPhone)....
    Very true. Will have to add that one. Good catch!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    very nice comparison hayden
    still no doubt in my mind which one i'd buy ... but you are preaching to the choir

StarMile no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    i don't understand why wifi is always mentioned 1 on CDMA its not needed who cares about other people speed tests ive tried wifi over CDMA speeds and it sucked even tho it was better then i give up EDGE speeds 2 if your going to be home using wifi which needs a internet connection why not just use a REAL computer i mean really is it just me and please don't say sit in some coffee shop
    Some of us mention WiFi for these reasons: a) for some of us all calls over it are free b) some of us live in a place with a weak or spotty signal, and the WiFi allows us to have a good "signal" at home.

I'm sure there are other reasons, but those are two big ones for me.

well i've never really thought aout how many apps i install on my BB i just go ahad and install like crazy and to be honest i never thought there was a restriction i thought the whole amount of memory was for apps or multimedia untill i started reading up more sections of pinstake but that being said the memory limit i find is a useless arguement becuase on the iphone you can only have a certain amount of apps also after that you need to delete to put on anther app even if you have memory space i believe you only have a max of 4pages

Hottub no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quite simply, I am not a fan of the touch screen. My GPS drives me nuts. My bro has an iPhone, and my fat fingers do not do well with typing.
    I guess I'll stick with my 8130.

Kudos to rim, however, for possibly taking down the "Mighty" iPhone.

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    I can't wait for this Storm to be released. I've actually renewed two of my accounts and bought iPhones on them just to sell them on craigslist.org so I can put the cash aside to buy the Storm.

A friend of mine was hands on with one here in Canada yesterday and couldn't stop raving about it. Appearantly it's the easiest touch screen typing ever.

Thank You BlackBerry for doing it RIGHT!!

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3
    I hope the storm becomes available in Canada.

I assume you can download themes on the storm as well? Whoever can't make up their mind deciding between the storm or the iphone, just download the iphone theme onto the storm! Lol

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

skelzer no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mizmellyjelly View Post
    I hope the storm becomes available in Canada.

I assume you can download themes on the storm as well? Whoever can't make up their mind deciding between the storm or the iphone, just download the iphone theme onto the storm! Lol

LOL... guess Vodaphone beat you to it, the iPhone theme already comes preinstalled!

(Note: sarcasm...)
    Last edited by skelzer; 10-13-2008 at 12:13 AM.

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3
    Aww shucks. Thought my idea was brilliant too.

I don't mind the iphone theme. I have it on my curve but only to amuse my bf because he has the iphone. But of course I'd still much prefer the storm. I don't like big phones so the fact that the storm is smaller in comparison with the iphone makes it all the better for me.

latosha no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'd take any of the blackberries out right now over the Iphone. i just CANT get used to the touch screen keyboard on the Iphone. its soooo laaame...ugh. makes me wanna throw it against a wall...

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Nice comparsion chart hayden.

My two cents on iphone vs. Storm debate is. When it comes to iphone fans you hear the same thing “my phone has the better media player, my phone has a better browser, and I have a flashy GUI” but that is it! Fact of the matter is that kind of argument might have worked when comparing the iphone to a curve. But this is the storm! Now RIM is on a equal playing field. Take a look at the specs they are amazing!!! There is just no comparsion. The storm smokes the iphone. Name one thing the iphone can do that the storm can't I bet I can think of a few things the storm could do that the iphone can't. And not to mention if you do not want a touch screen but still would like to have all the nice things from apple what other models do they offer. Oh yeah that's right. There is none, apple only makes the iphone bet I could name a few different models to choose from RIM. That will suit anybodys needs. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think there's a couple of the spec's that are incorrect on there. I'd be surprised if the 3G radio didn't support 2100Mhz (which is becoming the worldwide standard for HSDPA). Also, I'd think that the newer rev of BB software should support the 32GB media cards (as does the Bold).
    To those folks upset about the lack of wifi, I'd say be patient. This is the first touch screen that RIM has done...they had a lot to cram in there (CDMA, GSM, Bluetooth and GPS radios). No doubt the GSM carriers will be chomping at the bit for one...and I somehow doubt the version that RIM builds for them will have a CDMA chipset in it...methinks they'll likely put wifi chips in that vacant real estate. (Sure hope they do anyways). Would be good to see T-Mobile have one to go head to head with AT&T and the iPhone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast