Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Via TimesOnline.co.uk : "Oh dear. This is the part of a negative review where I ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

UK Times Online Writer Joins in on the Blackberry Storm Media Rant.

Advertisement

Via TimesOnline.co.uk: "Oh dear. This is the part of a negative review where I say how much I usually like a company’s products before taking apart its latest creation. So prepare yourself.
    I love BlackBerrys. I own one. I adore it. I spend too much time with it.

But that’s exactly why I’m so disappointed – no, I’m appalled – with RIM’s latest offering, the Blackberry Storm. Using it for the past few days, left me with feeling like how I do about Robert De Niro movies these days. Why are you tarnishing your legacy with this shoddy offering?

You see, for every good feature with the Storm, there’s an aching, glaring, gigantic flaw that makes you want to bash open your head with it. Where to begin?"

[Read More]

Bias or fair review? Sound off below...

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    So basically he hates the phone.
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

jd885 no está en línea Stack level 3
    My cousin has had one since last friday... sort of agree in a way, the OS IS NO WAY READY TO BE RELEASED.. but the phone is sick and once a updated OS comes out i know the phone will be untouchable.... he was way to harsh... he just didnt like it

jd885 no está en línea Stack level 3
    oh and he complains about no WIFI... ha ha I forgot to write that in... thats Verizons fault not RIM's

Les
    Les no está en línea Stack level 3
    The Storm will be untouchable with os updates that resolve minor issue. I had blackberry's almost since i was introduced to them by a friend. My first was a 7100 series and went to the pearl and then a curve and now the STORM. The Storm by far is the top of the line blackberry so far..

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I dont believe the freezing hour glass will be fixed with any update because all the newer BBs have that prob. & they havent got it right yet!
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Actually the no Wifi wouldn't be a Verizon issue, it would be Voda over there in the UK. Maybe he's on to something with that?? I'm really seeing too much flak going up about the OS issues to ignore it or gloss over it. It'll be good to see that die down when the OS upgrades start coming out. Haven't heard anything really bad about the Hardware yet though, taking that as a good sign! Wouldn't rock the storm myself, as it is I try to squeeze too much out of a device- Crashed my Bold three times already. Lol!

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    What a minute. I love BBs. But the Storm can be fixed with an OS upgrade, but when the Iphone pass thru the same was a failure?

Because is a blackberry can be excused? The Storm reviews are worst than Iphone reviews about the 3G issue.

stmcgill no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2104EBA8
    I have had a loan Storm for a few days to review. It is quite simply dreadful! When I find the time I will add my thoughts here, but some parts of this phone are so unfinished it should never have been sold as it is.
    Shaun McGill
    www.pda-247.com
    Blackberry, Symbian, iPhone, Windows Mobile, Android etc. etc.
    PIN: 2104EBA8

lindycu no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319BDB8B
    I'm not an owner, but did extensive play with one in the Verizon store...other than the subtle increase in speed for RevA vs Rev0 (Curve and Pearl), and the wide view, I found it slow and difficult to play with. My bias may have been due to my experience with normal touchscreens, not ones that actually require you to press an entire screen/glass down. I found I had to make more deliberate touches to ensure the screen "depressed".

FWIW - I'm up for a new phone on 1/2/09 and will likely get the Curve, not a Storm, to replace my "beat up" Pearl. (This of course assumes I don't play with the Strom some more and get used to it) The biggest benefit I see would be getting RevA and adding the tethered plan to my bill.

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Yeah he hates the phone, quite a bit actually. Basically the only good thing he said about the phone is that it looks nice. Riveting. And all this iPhone killer talk has got to stop. I'm not sure about anyone else here but I haven't got an iPhone and I don't think its better than many other offerings especially a BlackBerry.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    yeah the phone's OS has bugs....yes there is room for improvment...but everyone must keep in mind that RIM didn't design this phone for the BUSINESS man who types emails all day....they designed it for the younger BERRY-HEAD....the ones who love ipods....touchscreen NAV units.....iBOOKS...etc

so with that said every review i have read has been by a BUSINESS MAN....someone who work depends on the BB......so the storm of course is going to be a bad phone.....

just my 2cents....
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

battlephrog no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    I dont believe the freezing hour glass will be fixed with any update because all the newer BBs have that prob. & they havent got it right yet!
    Not true... my Bold 9000 has not hung up once since I got it 2 weeks ago and I have thrown every app I can at it. I started into "smart" phones with the BB 7250 2 1/2 years ago. I thought it was aweful. Then, after going round and round with other versions/brands of smart phones I vowed to never go back to BB because RIM just didnt seem to compete.

I heard about the Bold, did a lot of reading and volunteered to be the test bed for my company as i knew they were upgrading our devices again. Got the Bold and have been impressed since day one. The processor on the Bold is outstanding! Maybe its not good enough for the Storm, but the old hanging hourglass of death is a thing of the past with the BB-Bold.

Just my (based on experience) 2 cents.

--Battlephrog

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Kinda harsh...but I also feel the phone is unfinished...

Subarudude no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    who noze
    i think people should stop complaining.....Just wait till end of December or so, and IF RIM does not come out with an update to the OS to make it faster or less bugged then you can really start to complain......

Plus, as everyone should know, the first batch of everything usually have all the defects........kinda like how the first 1000 units of XBOX didn't have a fan installed in them, and peoples consoles were overheating and crashing LoL

patience is a virtue for my catholic friends

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast