Texting while driving is incredibly unsafe (and making calls, for that matter). Even more so ... Smartphone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

TXTBlocker allows parents to block kids from texting while driving

Advertisement

Texting while driving is incredibly unsafe (and making calls, for that matter). Even more so than drinking and driving, which YOU SHOULD NEVER DO, EVER. California knows it. The Obama Administration knows it. And apparently, the folks responsible for TXTBlocker know it.

What is TXTBlocker, you ask? It is a new service that “lets parents and employers customize cell phones to selectively disable texting functions, block certain numbers, or only permit incoming and outgoing calls to preset “safe lists” or emergency numbers.” In other words, its a personal, customizable Big Brother tool for mobile phones.

Source: MobileCrunch

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Nice find SRL!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    wow man! that is an awesome idea!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    It wouldn't be a bad idea to allow some adults to prevent other adults to stop texting while driving too.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    This should go to the white house and make it a official for all carriers to implement this service onto their devices before they go out the door. Great concept though . Great find SRL. Keep up the awesome work.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    [IMGA=LEFT]To us, it sounds like every time you’re moving over a certain speed, you’re locked out of your phone. If it’s just accelerometer or GPS-based, it seems like TXTBlocker will fail miserably on buses, trains, or any time someone else is driving.
    Yeah... Very much so.
    "Who Dares Wins"

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Too restrictive indeed.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

lat_05_69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    As texting is highly unsafe, taking this to the gov't is just another way to add more controlling laws to the already rediculous list... Like the seat belt law... it is my responsibility to keep myself safe not the gov'ts... If I decide to not wear it and crash then its my fault if I die... But that's ok cause I know where I'm going... I'm not afraid of death... Another way for politics to make money
    BlackBerry8130/4.5.0.169 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

bassvictim no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    HEAD
    Quote Originally Posted by lat_05_69 View Post
    As texting is highly unsafe, taking this to the gov't is just another way to add more controlling laws to the already rediculous list... Like the seat belt law... it is my responsibility to keep myself safe not the gov'ts... If I decide to not wear it and crash then its my fault if I die... But that's ok cause I know where I'm going... I'm not afraid of death... Another way for politics to make money
    BlackBerry8130/4.5.0.169 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106
    Wow. Took off with this one,huh? Lol...
    "I am a robot, I like robots, I have a robot vagina." -JP,Grandma's boy

Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    Nice idea as an optional tool for parents, but the key word is optional. This means leave it out of the government's hands. What about folks who eat fast food or fumble through cd's or put on makeup while driving? Will the gov't control that too?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC63) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

lat_05_69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    kudos!!! Mortgage_Man
    Whats The Matter???
    Can't You See I'm WORKING Here!!!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Not to be rude or anything, really but those things such as putting makeup/stuffing their fat asses while driving as well as fumbling through cd's are only up to the dumba$$es that actually do these things. However, if the govt has access to this tool, they would stop focusing so much on the stupidity we do and move onto more important subjects.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?