via Financial Times : "More than half of office staff spend 40 minutes a week ... Smartphone News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Twittering Workers Cost Business £1.4bn

Advertisement

via Financial Times: "More than half of office staff spend 40 minutes a week on social networks such as Twitter and Facebook for personal use while at work, costing businesses an estimated £1.4bn ($2.3bn) a year in lost productivity, according to a survey.

Out of 1,460 workers surveyed by Morse, an information technology services provider, 57 per cent said they used social networking sites during the working day for personal use.

On average, those people spent 40 minutes on these sites each week, equating to just under a full working week being “wasted” each year, said the company."

How about you? How much time do you spend a week on social network sites either at your desk or on you company's mobile device?

Full article here.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well I probably spend more time than that, but with a small family run business it doesn't cost us money....just means that I may have to work a little later or start a bit earlier the next day....I kinda get to be on my own schedule...it's a good thing
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    Ask
    And we'd miss your tweets throughout the day.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, my question would be how productive would those people be without social networking sites........is that lost $ value based upon 100% productivity? Most people only get on those sites (myself included) when there is nothing else to do!

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by btompkins0112 View Post
    Well, my question would be how productive would those people be without social networking sites........is that lost $ value based upon 100% productivity? Most people only get on those sites (myself included) when there is nothing else to do!
    Good question. I am not able to access them from my work, when I'm actually around a computer that is. I manage to juggle everything I'm supposed to do and browse Pinstack at the same time. I just minimize Pinstack until I have my work caught up and in the interems between 2 phones and 2 radios I post/read. I don't think I'm any less productive. I don't get to do as much as I'd like to on here sometimes, but I always make sure my work is done first.
    How to upgrade your OS

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up

I totally agree, even as a manager of a major retail company.. i still have down time when there's no major fires to put out to check the forums. Cause when im home, it's family time and the BB put is away.
    JAG257
    iPhone4
    " Losers try their best, WINNERS do what ever it takes"

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Agreed that usually does seem the case. In the spirit of making employees comfortable and happy, social networking may even help!. Not to mention that a lot of big companies now have them-selfs integration into social networking sites as promotional means.

BTW does anybody now what this is in USD?

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Comes up to be 2.29502 billion U.S. dollars
    How to upgrade your OS

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Holy crap I didn't realize it was so much. A bit more significant now.