Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have got through all the set up but cannt make any calls, I just ... Smartphone News forum

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Blog Entries

I have got through all the set up but cannt make any calls, I just don't get the option.
    Oh the joys of beta releases

data1025 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had to restart my phone to get the menu option when dialing.

I have used Truphone before as a true VOIP application on Nokia N95, but this version for Blackberry is not a true VOIP app. It dials another number instead of using the internet fully. Calls to Philippines cost more via Truphone than a phone card.

goldenhours no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by data1025 View Post
    I have used Truphone before as a true VOIP application on Nokia N95, but this version for Blackberry is not a true VOIP app. It dials another number instead of using the internet fully. Calls to Philippines cost more via Truphone than a phone card.
    Thank you. I totally agree. This turns out to be an "Un-TruPhone" VoIP application. All the marketing blurb had me almost fooled into thinking it was a good deal. But upon closer reading it doesn't make sense whatsoever. What's the point if you have to use your minutes too.

Anyone of you developers out there to bring us a true VoIP solution for Blackberry please!

latosha no está en línea Stack level 3
    hm, interesting.
    Last edited by latosha; 11-01-2008 at 06:36 PM.

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb More freedom with more VoIP services / calling / phone cards

The problem I see with all the upcoming "VoIP sevice apps" for BlackBerry is: I need to subscribe to their plan.

I just love the freedom of having an application I can setup my own VoIP services with. E.g. I am a heavy user of calling / phone cards to make international calls. They mostly 5 times cheaper than VoIP services like the Truphone here. Well, truphone is still cheaper than normal call rates.

However, I would like to save more

So I have a calling card app running where I have set up several calling cards for several regions I often call to. That saves me ca. 80% on international calls which is awesome!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12