Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Its no worse that a friend or family memeber calling or sending an email letting ... Smartphone News forum

ajdamac no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c6d491

Advertisement

Its no worse that a friend or family memeber calling or sending an email letting you know of speed traps happening that week. Cops are shader then ever, I get profiled alll the time because of the car I drive and it bs anytime I can stick it to the man and save a few bucks it is well worth it. Not to cause problems I have plenty of friend in the department so I respect what they do in the force but you alway will have shady cops.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    not supported for ATT yet... :cry:
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

Changris no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b1356b
    i got it running but i dunno what to do with it lol
    AKA: EP3

ajdamac no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c6d491
    I'm still trying to figure it out how to log in got a user name but am stuck on authernicate with server~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Changris no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b1356b
    nvm it finally found my location
    AKA: EP3

tmdavies01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    F The Police!! Great App!!!!!

tmdavies01 no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile verizon

are they going to make this for Verizon so I can get SMS's????

pwaugh no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mattdoucet View Post
    I disagree with this comment. Everyone knows its against the law and the best reminder is a ticket.
    Actually, tickets are not designed to be a "reminder", or really even have a whole lot to do with speeding per se. What happens is traffic enforcement officers are assigned to areas where traffic collisions are occuring to enforce ALL traffic laws. In fact, their purpose is to lower the accident rate and save lives. In practice what actually happens is the accident scenes just get pushed around to different places.

This software is only for people who want to avoid tickets and know where they can speed up. This is an early warning system no different than a radar scanner.
    While you are correct, that it is no different (in principle) from a radar detector, the truth is both are a tool that drivers use to stay more alert to their surroundings, and it works in a positive way. Evidence of this can be seen in lower insurance rates for those so equiped. Also, I can tell you from my police experience many many moons ago that the watch commander will be happy to tell you where traffic enforcement will be that day. Why? Because again their sole purpose is to get people to be more careful and obey the laws that will help reduce the chance they are in a collision.

I have lost too many friends from speeding. Programs like this is just another way to find out where the cops are. That's my view. Its a free country do what you want but please drive responsible.
    Yeap, and the cops will gladly tell you where they are, and guess what? You'll
    be extra careful when you drive through that area too.

What's next early warning system for ride programs? Its like saying I don't drink and drive but would like to know where they are. Doesn't make sense to me.
    If you are DUI, no program in the world is going to save you. Just take a look at how many are arrested at check points that they drive up to!

Quote Originally Posted by Haguilar84 View Post
    The flip side to your arguement is this:
    There are may cops out there that wanna stop people to meet quotas. I know, officially the police don't have quotas, but let's be realistic. They will find anyway to give you a ticket, even driving 1 mile over the limit.
    You are wrong. There are NO quotas, they can write as many as they want!! You are correct, that often an experienced officer can trail behind anyone for less than a half mile before they can find a "reason" to pull you over (known as PC), but unless an officer is working traffic, you are likely to not get cited unless your violation was severe.

Also, the police don't reset the radar guns, so they maybe clocking the wrong car. I got caught once in a speed trap, even thought there were 2 other cars in a 4 lane street who were in front of me, the cop stopped me because I was easy pickings and let the others go.
    You clearly have never operated a radar gun. Trust me, they are dead on accurate, and well maintained and tested. Truth be told, it is an extremely simple matter to "clock" someone even passing them head on without any equipment but your eyes and your own speedometer.

Besides, it's the unmarked car you won't see, or the helicopter or plane that will get you. If you speed all the time, as a matter of habit, you will get caught. If you occassionally find yourself over the limit unintentionally, stuff like this might help you.

My two-cents.

sage rat no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24B04E76

Quotas

Quote Originally Posted by Haguilar84 View Post
    The flip side to your arguement is this:
    There are may cops out there that wanna stop people to meet quotas. I know, officially the police don't have quotas, but let's be realistic. They will find anyway to give you a ticket, even driving 1 mile over the limit. Also, the police don't reset the radar guns, so they maybe clocking the wrong car. I got caught once in a speed trap, even thought there were 2 other cars in a 4 lane street who were in front of me, the cop stopped me because I was easy pickings and let the others go. Plus, there is no law saying I can not inform the public where a police officer is located at people have a right to know where they are at ALL TIMES!!! Its how we know they are doing their jobs. They do this already on morning radio shows so why not on your phone?

With all due respect, this is a useful tool and I am looking forward to using it!!!
    I recall a few years a when an Oregon State Trooper came to speak on security to the credit union board of directors that I was on. When asked if they had quotas, he responded; "No we do not have quotas, we have "GOALS"."

rprewitt no está en línea Stack level 2
    This reminds of an incident I encountered last year.
    There was this huge speed trap set up in Kansas City where I-70 intersects with I-435. Everyone around here knows that stretch because you cannot see traffic jams until you are under the intersection.

They had 4-6 cops with radar guns without vehicles on the overpass peeking through the rails so you couldnt see them. When you passed the intersection, you can see literally dozens of cop cars and motorcycles lined up and down the onramp and tons of people pulled over on the other side of the intersection.

Anyways, I had to make a second trip through there later in the day and about a mile before I got to the intersection there was a pickup truck with a guy holding a sign that said
    "Speed Trap Ahead, SLOW DOWN!!!"

Then as I passed the intersection, sure enough, they were still stationed up there peeping through the rails and all the cars and motorcycles were still lined up on the onramp. But this time no lights flashing or cars pulled over lol.
    About a mile past the intersection I saw another pickup truck with another person holding a sign that said
    "You're Welcome, Tips Are Welcome Too!"

That just made my whole weekend when I saw that and thought about how pissed the cops must have been when their nice setup wasnt working anymore lol.

rprewitt no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hmm, after trying to use this program for 3 straight days, it doesnt work with Cingular

TheMercuryMan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ADA6AB
    I use a CB radio. Updates automatically "full grown in the middle at the 25 and a half watching the eastbound side" "westbound ya got an evil kinevel on the overpass at the 16 with 3 chase cars " " county mounty eastbound rollin at the 46" ill check it out and see if it is as accurate as that.

trapster no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by monica.simons View Post
    not supported for ATT yet... :cry:
    Hi, yes it works on ATT BlackBerry. About a gazillion people are using it that way.

Hmm, after trying to use this program for 3 straight days, it doesnt work with Cingular
    Yes does work with Cingular BlackBerry as well, again lots using it.

Drop me an e-mail at contact@trapster.net and I'll help you sort it out.

are they going to make this for Verizon so I can get SMS's????
    The Trapster voice / SMS method does and always has worked on Verizon (and on any phone). What does not work on Verizon is the GPS app. Verizon blocks location services. Some apps, e.g. Verizon Navigator are approved (aka "on deck") with Verizon.

If anyone knows how to "jailbreak" Verizon GPS on BlackBerry, please let me (us) know as there are a bunch of folks on Verizon BBs who would like to use Trapster!
    Last edited by trapster; 04-21-2008 at 12:30 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12