Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by cherrichiodo did you guys use the 8800 link to download? im not ... Smartphone News forum

bobmcelroy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24533BD3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    did you guys use the 8800 link to download? im not sure if it would make a difference?
    use this link, log in on the right and scroll down to see the instructions for 8800 download
    IT SAYS ATT BlackBerry 8800 I HAVE A T MOBILE 8820 AND THE LINK DON'T WORK

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    what link doesn't work?
    the link im my post will work, but you must be logged in to the trapster site to get the blackberry.php page.

stonewall72 no está en línea Themes Pro
    cherrichiodo - another great find!!!!! I installed it - had an issue and they helped me fix it asap! Still getting red screen but willl check once i'm on the road tonight and let you all know how it goes...

Thanks again!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    awesome! same here ^^ i'll test too once im out of the house

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobmcelroy View Post
    .............all I get is a red screen
    Quote Originally Posted by MWPatterson View Post
    All I get is a red screen too. ..........
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpringlez View Post
    Yeah same here........
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    the red screen means that the map cannot load -- poor signal strength............ ....... ....and i had the older version, used it a few times too. this one *should* be more visually pleasing )
    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall72 View Post
    ..........Still getting red screen but willl check once i'm on the road ..........
    Make it six for all red screen and I had a great signal. I was out driving and that's as far as I got. I re-downloaded just to make sure that it wasn't that. No luck.

I get "searching for location" and then the red screen.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

trapster no está en línea Stack level 2
    Wow. I don't get it. We've tested on at least 10 different types of Berry's on various carriers plus other types of phones, and it's worked flawlessly -- and still does. I'm looking at it working on a TMobile Curve right now.

We are looking into why/how this could be.

Thanks for your patience.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    I am wondering if it has something to do with how 4.5 handles maps differently. When I approached the locations on my normal drive home it showed them on the screen in the approx location on the map where they should be but, no map. If you need beta testers let us know we will be happy to help.

Hmmm... if you go to (in your BB not Trapster app) to Settings | Advanced | TCP what does it say in APN?

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    Also the login is case sensitive I think, and when you go to login from the blackberry it capitalizes the first letter so you might have to change that. I too get the red screen and that's with a full signal and on any zoom level, I can see the blue dot and I can see the traps but the rest is red. Also I don't know if it's related to running the 4.5 OS but the only way to keep it running and in the background is by alt-esc, hitting escape or the hangup key exits the program.

Quote Originally Posted by MWPatterson View Post
    I am wondering if it has something to do with how 4.5 handles maps differently. When I approached the locations on my normal drive home it showed them on the screen in the approx location on the map where they should be but, no map. If you need beta testers let us know we will be happy to help.
    So you are seeing the traps but no map??? Alch! That means it's obviously connecting to the Trapster server OK but the connection to get the maps is failing.

anyone try changing the APN?

TMobile: wap.voicestream.com
    Cingular: blackberry.net
    Last edited by trapster; 10-07-2008 at 08:16 PM.

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Quote Originally Posted by trapster View Post
    Folks if you are willing please try this. In Trapster app, go to Settings | Advanced and select custom at the bottom. Try these:

Change this:
    ;deviceside=true
    to the entire string below for your carrier. I just put Cingular and TMobile for now. Let me know if you need more. I just got the values from the usual APN lists.
    Mine is set for that, but as a CMDA Carrier I do not have APN's.

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    So you are seeing the traps but no map??? Alch! That means it's obviously connecting to the Trapster server OK but the connection to get the maps is failing.
    Yes I can see them and the symbols but, the red screen. The voice notification is nice, had 0.97 before this and it is definitely better. any help that we can provide just let us know.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm now CDMA and I still can't get anything but the red screen. I never even get the map, traps, nothing!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    anyone try changing the APN?

TMobile: wap.voicestream.com
    Cingular: blackberry.net
    I tried that and I'm not able to edit anything on that screen. The scroll ball goes up and down through the selections will not go over to let me edit it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast