Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

How trapster works When you see a trap, report it by pressing a button on ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Trapster gets an update

Advertisement

How trapster works
    When you see a trap, report it by pressing a button on your phone, or calling a toll free number. Other user's phones will alert them as they approach the trap. Trapster learns the credibility of traps based on how many users agree. It also learns the credibility of each user, over time.

The small blue dot follows your GPS location in real time. The blue circle shows your alert radius. As you approach reported trap locations and one or more of the traps come within that blue circle, Trapster begins playing audio alerts such as "Live Police" or "Red Light Camera", and animating the associated icons. Of course as with everything Trapster, you can report new traps and rate the traps that other users have reported.

Watch Trapster in action

baker954 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Being a cop, I dunno if I like this. However, even though I'm not a traffic nazi there are departments that have people specifically for traffic enforcement. Plus all it takes is for other cops that have blackberries like I, and a lot of fellow officers, do to see this application and go to different spots so credibility goes down.

That's just my thoughts though.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ATA
    of course, being a cop, you may not like it

take the time to read the faq tho, because trapster believes that this application also helps us (speeders, if you will) to actually slow down more often than not...

Isn't this fundamentally wrong or illegal or something?
    If you are concerned you should probably check the laws in your state or country, but our lawyers don't think so. In fact, the police we've spoken with actually like the idea. It beeps, people slow down, they have met their objective, you save money on the ticket and insurance, and everyone is happy. The police can always find plenty of other people to issue violations to. People who don't use Trapster®, that is.
    As far as the ethics of it all: Speed limits are listed as fixed, but enforced as guidelines. Here in Southern California where we are located, traffic never moves at or under the speed limit. This means good-intentioned drivers often end up not only with a ticket, but confused and angry about why they were chosen. Unfortunately speed traps are sometimes created and enforced as intentionally deceptive revenue generators, but this is the exception rather than the rule. We think most police just want you to slow down. You can either have them pull you over to tell you that personally, or allow your phone the chance to save them the trouble.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    of course, being a cop, you may not like it

take the time to read the faq tho, because trapster believes that this application also helps us (speeders, if you will) to actually slow down more often than not...
    To me this is no different than a radar detector. If it goes off you slow down. Its not so much a way to avoid getting caught but more of a way to remind you to slow down if by chance you aren't paying attention and your foot gets heavy. I think its a good idea and a good reminder.

smis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OU812
    Does anyone still have the origanal trapster app not the web version?
    Once you go BlackBerry you never go back!

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    Will this work in canada?

RCode no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F0A29
    It looks like it works in Canada, they have trap speeds around southern ontario and the rest of Canada from what I can tell. Looks like a really good program, I always thought this would be a great idea if someone created it. I like how it is free too... definitly worth getting.

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    Quote Originally Posted by baker954 View Post
    Being a cop, I dunno if I like this. However, even though I'm not a traffic nazi there are departments that have people specifically for traffic enforcement. Plus all it takes is for other cops that have blackberries like I, and a lot of fellow officers, do to see this application and go to different spots so credibility goes down.

That's just my thoughts though.

wow only a cop would think of that

privax no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm curious to know if this would have any benefit to small town residents? It seems like it all depends on end-user feedback so it doesn't seem like people who lived outside of major cities would really benefit from this app

mrpringlez no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304B6584
    I keep trying to log on and it keeps saying that my username or password is bad I have a 8820 Tmobile BB can someone please help I need this app to work...
    Don't Get Mad Get $Money$ Why They Call Me Mr.Pringlez You Ask ? Cuz I Stack My Chips... Ow !

bobmcelroy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24533BD3
    I have an TMOBLE 8820 but all I get is a red screen

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    All I get is a red screen too. Posted on there forums and have not heard anything back.

mrpringlez no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304B6584
    Yeah same here This Sucks I wish It Would Work !
    Don't Get Mad Get $Money$ Why They Call Me Mr.Pringlez You Ask ? Cuz I Stack My Chips... Ow !

PIN/ID
    ATA
    the red screen means that the map cannot load -- poor signal strength. i spoke to the developer late last night, as I was getting the same thing. he said i probably didn't have a strong enough signal sitting here in my house

im going to try it again this afternoon when im out and about ... remember tho, this is still in beta so make sure you do provide feedback

(and i had the older version, used it a few times too. this one *should* be more visually pleasing )

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpringlez View Post
    I keep trying to log on and it keeps saying that my username or password is bad I have a 8820 Tmobile BB can someone please help I need this app to work...
    Quote Originally Posted by bobmcelroy View Post
    I have an TMOBLE 8820 but all I get is a red screen
    did you guys use the 8800 link to download? im not sure if it would make a difference?
    use this link, log in on the right and scroll down to see the instructions for 8800 download

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast