Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

All available for download on at least 4 of the major smartphone platforms, which include ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Top 5 Free Apps Available for All Major Smartphone Platforms, Download Now!

Advertisement

All available for download on at least 4 of the major smartphone platforms, which include Android, BlackBerry, iPhone, Palm WebOS, Nokia Symbian & Windows Mobile.

This list comprises of what we think are the top five FREE apps for smartphones. Remember this list based on cross-platform app availability. There are also a few other noteworthy mentions below.

1) Google Mobile - We are all aware of the wonders of Google's innovation with search. When you think of "Google Mobile" you may think of Google search on smartphones. Well that's true but also due to the mobility of the smartphone there's now a wider spectrum for ideas that keep us connected further into our offline world (life outside that window). Download Google Mobile and gain access to additional Apps such as Google Mail, Google Sync, Google Maps and more. Start here: google.com/mobile

2) Skype & Skype Lite - The Sykpe app delivers core Skype capabilities including, free Skype-to-Skype calls to other Skype users worldwide, all landlines or mobile phones, send/receive instant messages to/from individuals or groups, receive calls to a personal online number on Skype and also see when Skype contacts are online/available to IM or talk. The lite version also supports calls which is the most important feature. Start here: Skype.com/mobile

3) Facebook - Extend your Facebook experience to your Smartphone. The official Facebook apps does just that. Whatever the smartphone you carry, Facebook has you covered! See for yourself: Facebook.com/mobile

4) Pandora - If you're a music lover (who isn't) then Pandora is a MUST have. You can listen to Pandora on your smartphone - in the car, at the gym, on the train - wherever and whenever you're in the mood to listen to great music. You get to create your own stations and can rate songs using thumbs up and thumbs down to help filter favs. Plus, Pandora on your phone is fully integrated with Pandora on the web, so everything you create, rate or bookmark on the phone also appears the next time you're back on the web. Try it now: pandora.com/on-the-go

5) Evernote - What is Evernote? Evernote works across multiple computers and smartphones that you use daily, allowing you to capture something (thoughts, ideas, inspiration, and things to remember) in one place and then access it from another. Get it here (evernote.com/about/download) before you forget something really important.

A few Others...
    Qik
    - Ok so you've just mastered Twitter or maybe just found out what it's all about. Well don't get too relaxed just yet because there's Qik. Qik is similar to Twitter but using live video instead of text. If you'd like a full explanation, watch the cool video on their homepage: qik.com

LinkedIn - With the Linked in App you can update your LinkedIn status, receive updates from your network, send messages, search profiles and invite to connect. Start here: linkedin.com/mobile

EA Mobile Games (not free) - From Rock Band to Pac-Man you'll find a huge game selection for your device here: eamobile.com/Web/mobile-games

PinStack Mobile Reader - Although currently only available on BlackBerry and Windows Mobile, its currently in private beta on iPhone and Android. Stay tunned to pinstack.mwap.at using your smartphone browser.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    A great list of must have Staple Apps. I have each and they keep me busy.

PacMan is still addicting

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Between my BlackBerry and my iPod Touch, I have almost all the listed apps. I'm not on linked in so no use for that app, haven't tried evernote but will check it out. Some of the apps, like Pandora, I have on both devices
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Nice job Hayden. I personally love Google Mobile. Makes my phone a true all in one device.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Very nice list Hayden. I'm s die hard facebook addict.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    I have a bunch of these. There are a must have. Nice list!

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

PIN/ID
    ask
    There's no youtube app on Blackberry. Andriod, iPhone, WM etc has the app.

You can however go to m.youtube.com on your BB and launch vids there.

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Arrow youtube

yes sir indeed! thanks! i knew this worked!
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    There's no youtube app on Blackberry. Andriod, iPhone, WM etc has the app.

You can however go to m.youtube.com on your BB and launch vids there.

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes you can get the youtube app icon on your blackberry. Go here wap.getjar.com from your browser and then type in the search box youtube.

Hank061978 no está en línea Stack level 3
    What? No 8900 support over @ eamobile!!!!! BOOOOOO!!!!!

PIN/ID
    ask
    I'm pretty sure that they think they got em' all covered. They even made the following mistake "Curve 8830 40 games". Oops.. someone didn't keep track.

dirtypirate no está en línea Stack level 2

YouTube direct download link for blackberry 8310:

http://m.getjar.com/mobile/products/...D=220x55214388

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Note that this is just a launcher icon for the mobile youtube site, not an actual app. It launches the mobile site just like a browser bookmark. If you are looking for other launcher icons there is an extensive list here, all free, but remember they are not apps, just browser bookmark icons. Still usefull, there's even a launcher icon for the launcher icon site edl industries
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    ask
    I was going to say but didn't want to spoil the fun hehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast