Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The following lists are a bit outdated. What new free apps do you think should ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Top 10 downloaded FREE Productivity software - What's missing?

Advertisement

The following lists are a bit outdated. What new free apps do you think should be included? Check back next week for the updated list...

10 most downloaded FREE Productivity software on Pinstack.com
    1. Google Maps - Combining directions, maps, and satellite imagery, Google Maps is a free download that lets you find local hangouts and businesses across town or across the country — right from your BlackBerry.
    2. Skip Mobile - track flights, check-in, view itineraries. Find your departure gate at a glance. Keep your flight, car rental and hotel information at your fingertips
    3. Metro Network maps for Blackberry - Only local stored maps, no GPRS trafic, Quick locator by station name, Paris, New York, London & Madrid!
    4. BBLocal - Free Maping and Local Directory for the Blackberry! What started as a regular Google Maps viewer for the Blackberry has now turned into a full fledge City Guide, with the ability to locate businesses and tourists spots.
    5. TipBuddy for BlackBerry - Splitting the amount after Tip is now VERY simple using TipBuddy. TipBuddy helps you to calculate the Tip amount and PerHead amount.
    6. GetMail - Can't read your Hotmail on your Blackberry without Hotmail PLUS? GetMail will forward e-mail from a Hotmail/MSN or POP3 account(s) to any number of destination accounts and has some very clever advanced features.
    7. Dream Meanings Dictionary for BlackBerry 2.5 - This free dictionary for RIM's BlackBerry, provides you with the answers you are looking for regarding all those images which make little apparent sense while you sleep. Features: Simple and convenient program interface, Offline dictionary database - always in coverage and no data transfer charges, High dictionary compression ratio Easy installation.
    8. Print anywhere from your BlackBerry - Many PrinterOn locations support email-based printing. This feature is ideal for BlackBerry. Simply forward the email you want to print (even those with attachments) to <printerID>@printspots.com. An email will be sent to you for each printable document containing instructions for picking it up.
    9. English Language Acronyms Dictionary - Free English Acronyms Dictionary for RIM''s Blackberry.
    10. BenchmarkMagic - Free Hardware speed test for BlackBerry
    Almost making it in the top 10... GCalSync

Also see:

granny no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3048BD00

Re: Top 10 downloaded FREE Productivity software - What's missing?

Thanks so much for the list very helpful, i do have a question, i would like to download google maps but my BB came with BB maps on it do i need to delete BB maps before i download google maps? If so how do i do it.
    Thanks
    Imo

data1025 no está en línea Stack level 3

No, you can have both programs installed.

I belive the GCalcSync is outdated, and should be replaced with Google's version, which should be in the top list. Viigo should also be included

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by data1025 View Post
    I belive the GCalcSync is outdated, and should be replaced with Google's version, which should be in the top list. Viigo should also be included
    Thanks. Remember these don't reflect a manual selection by the PinStack Team but rather the download stats from our downloads area:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/downloads.html

If a link to Google's version is missing from the downloads are it won't have stats. However, we have most of Google's app featured in numbers threads throughout the site.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Don't forget the windows live search. It's way better for map speed+detail than google maps (and I hate windows so this is very hard to admit), and for finding businesses and phone numbers it's incredibly more intuitive. I believe this can replace BBLocal and Google Maps. It's just that it's so intuitive and easy to use, and it's much much much faster to use.

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I greatly appreciate this list. There are things on it of which I was unaware ...and which look very promising!

Thanks! Keep the lists coming!!

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Does Print anywhere from your BlackBerry work on the Pearl 8100???

soeun no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242E18DE

does tipbuddy work for blackberry curve 8320?

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I appreciate all your lists and new info, it is all over the top. Unfortunately, the links for your lists of games are mostly outdated and don't work. Otherwise, keep up the superior work!

joshuagb no está en línea Stack level 1

Is GoSkip down? I can't access their website.

play11dg no está en línea Stack level 2

I want to download SkipMobile OTA. But it kept saying unable to do but only to save. Does it work on curve 8310?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Is GCalSync the same as the regular google sync?
    Let me rephrase.
    Does GCalSync do anything different (or better) than the regular google sync app that came with the Google Mobile Update?

dedtired no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317FC69C

I can't get Skip Mobile either. The website seems to be down and the file on the Pinstack server is just a txt file instructing people to go to goskip.com.

-Justin

Quote Originally Posted by vortec7 View Post
    Is GCalSync the same as the regular google sync?
    Let me rephrase.
    Does GCalSync do anything different (or better) than the regular google sync app that came with the Google Mobile Update?

No. GCalSync was only supposed to sync the calendar, which very few people got it to work correctly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast