Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Description of Twitter From Wikipedia: Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that ... Smartphone News forum

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Advertisement

Description of Twitter From Wikipedia:
    Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that allows users to send "updates" (or "tweets"; text-based posts, up to 140 characters long) to the Twitter website, via short message service (e.g. on a cell phone), instant messaging, or a third-party application such as Twitterrific or Facebook.Updates are displayed on the user's profile page and instantly delivered to other users who have signed up to receive them. The sender can restrict delivery to those in his or her circle of friends (delivery to everyone is the default). Users can receive updates via the Twitter website, instant messaging, SMS, RSS, email or through an application. For SMS, four gateway numbers are currently available: short codes for the United States, Canada, and India, as well as a United Kingdom number for international use. Several third parties offer posting and receiving updates via email.

This application let's you just use Twitter via data instead of using SMS. Hope that answers any questions.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

anaenima no está en línea Stack level 3
    If that's too much reading, go to www.twitter.com.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro
    2008 and no one uses Google. Shame.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    I tried to get it to work...no luck...and that was on the computer, not the bb...oh well, I have a messenger and email....
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I couldn't get it to connect. I use SMS for my twitters. Never been impressed with the mobile apps available.

djaar no está en línea Stack level 1
    Can't get it to connect either from Canada on a Bell Mobility BlackBerry 8830. Anyway, GTalk delivers!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

LNH
    LNH no está en línea Stack level 1
    Can't get it to work either.

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Twitter is Evil..
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

penpower no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up

I signed up couple months ago and just started using several weeks ago. We should have a username thread. BTW, my username there is penpower too, see you there.

FYI, the following tech blog/forums have twitter account there too

pinstack
    bbgeeks
    engadget
    gizmodo
    crackberry

halfcent no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240629B4
    I've had TinyTwitter working on my Blackberry 8300 with AT&T but I recently upgraded to OS 4.5b and it won't connect anymore. It really is a killer app. But they need to fix it! Urgh...

If anybody has info on how to correct the connection issues "Network Exception: Connection Not Writeable" please let me know!

halfcent (at) gmail (dot) com

A lot of people are going to be disappointed when they upgrade to OS 4.5 if TinyTwitter isn't fixed to compatibility!

StarMile no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Great app, love it so far. I do however wish it counted characters for me so I'd know how many I had left. It does tell me when it's full though... I love posting from GTalk, but it's the same issue there, except I haven't even tested it to see if it knows when I've used 140 characters.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Anyone else having trouble with it not remembering your sync settings? When I close and restart it the program always seems to forget I told it to update every 4 minutes and reverts to the default. Which is only manually right?

jalm1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I too am having the same issues. it never and has never auto updated for me. its sort of a pain. When i open it up after having closed it for wile it also has all the times wrong, and takes a wile to get updated.

It will auto update for me after I reset the sync settings each time I open it. However I don't want it running constantly, so that's kind of annoying to have to do each time.

Guess I'll have to write the developer...

OK, I figured out the problem on the sync settings. Any one having trouble, when you exit the sync settings dialogue, you must use the BB key (the one to the left of your trackball) to pull up the context menu and choose "Done" from the menu. If you do what I've been doing, and use the key to the right of the trackball (can't for the life of me recall what it's called) your settings will not be saved.

Tweet away!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast