Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Jaricanese Technically AT&T should just shutup because Verizon does mention 3G coverage ... Smartphone News forum

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Jaricanese View Post
    Technically AT&T should just shutup because Verizon does mention 3G coverage and not just ANY coverage. So then the maps are accurate and AT&T is just upset because they look so bad.
    lol..true

Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    What's really funny is how few people actually even make a connection. What a waste of money and courts' time for lawsuits. Spend more time making service better and devices people want. Enough with sueing people. Yes I love America, but I hate stupid people.
    i agree with your last sentence...stupid people suck
    Quote Originally Posted by zipporic View Post
    I noticed a few others mentioned it too but I think AT&T is being stupid. Verizon SPECIFICALLY says "want to know why your friend has spotty 3G coverage? There's a map for that" No where do they mention anything about EDGE or otherwise. Who in the world would be knocking another companies standard data network - that's so 90's.

By the way, who do you think will be forking the bill for this lawsuit? My guess - AT&T will now charge you for even thinking about tethering.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    I agree 100% the Ads are misleading. I've been waiting for this announcement haha! There are a lot more honest ways to attack AT&T.

AT&T 3G is simply newer for them and thus they have a lot more areas to upgrade from EDGE. Verizon is just lucky to be on CDMA. On AT&T when you are out of 3G coverage, EDGE works and works well! Plus, usually thats in remote areas anyway.
    how is it misleading???????????????????????????????????????? ???????? they specify 3g coverage....not anything else...att has to clean the wax out of its ear

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Lol I see your point but to me it was lack of labeling on the maps. Also, we know most of the audience other than forum junkies like us will look at at&t's map and just think it's any coverage.

I'm already hearing people refering to the Ad in conversation as per service coverage not Just 3g coverage.

I guess it will be up to the courts...
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Lol I see your point but to me it was lack of labeling on the maps. Also, we know most of the audience other than forum junkies like us will look at at&t's map and just think it's any coverage.

I'm already hearing people refering to the Ad in conversation as per service coverage not Just 3g coverage.

I guess it will be up to the courts...
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

that is just plain ignorance on the publics part....they should listen properly...i just saw the commercial a few mins ago on youtube, and it clearly says 3g....I doubt they'll win in court

what about ATT's misleading advertisements? more bars? my butt...lol

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Folks, I am a firm believer that there is a device out there for everyone. I know people who will never touch a BB and love the iPhone and others who are die-hard WinMo fans. I say to each his/her own. Comparing different platforms like this is often times like comparing apples and oranges. The BB line doesn't feature the UI style of the iPhone and I doubt it will, but the BB offers the best device security in the business. There's little common ground to compare them on aside from personal preference.

About my original story post, I believe AT&T won't get anything out of this lawsuit. I cannot foresee the judge doing anything about it, unless AT&T can show that Verizon blatantly displayed an incorrect coverage map.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I don't understand No Coverage in Oregon? I live in OR and I am getting great coverage. Unless your friend is visiting some remote area blocked by a mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    Well I guess you know something i do not. Oh well it was just and opinion of mine because verizon seems to be more stable and have more coverage than the AT&T network. My friend is on AT&T when he comes to the state of oregon he has no at&t signal.. Oh well. So much me me not knowing anything.

By the way I do keep up with the smart phone news. So the iPhone is still leading the way so what, the iPhone does not offer much compared to other smart phones. Oh yeah on the iPhone you finally recieved a patch to send and receive pics. they should have allowed that from the begining.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 11-05-2009 at 10:05 PM.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I second that part about what the iPhone can do.

Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    AT&T has been doing extremely well if not better each quarter this year and oh yeah my jailbroken 3G(s) can outdo anything you have in your hand or pocket. Stop being a hater....it's not a good look.

Les
    Les no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I don't understand No Coverage in Oregon? I live in OR and I am getting great coverage. Unless your friend is visiting some remote area blocked by a mountain.

Yeah it is kinda remote it is southern oregon.. At&t has good coverage in larger cities, Like portland though..

It is great though that ppl are loyal to their brand though and company, They must have been treated well. Some ppl get treated differently. I never had a problem on my network and been treated well. But some i talk to that has the network has their woes on it. So it is a hit and miss on networks i guess.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Yup there is no such thing the best smartphone. Only the best smartphone for "you" or for "me".

Les
    Yup there is no such thing the best smartphone. Only the best smartphone for "you" or for "me".

I agree...

how did this thread turn into what smartphone is the best? this is simply about 3g coverage between verizon and ATT....not the Iphone versus Verizon phones

Les
    Sorry for arguing with everyone. I do not do that. But i was just stating an opinion of mine and i did not mean for it to get out of hand. With smart phones it is a prefererence and what you may like. People change their minds all the time on products. Each company always has a fault or two. This is just the way it is. busisness is busisness and each one wants to out due the other.
    So once again I am sorry if i affended or upset anyone..

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Well said. Especially with carriers, no single carrier has the best coverage everywhere.

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    I agree 100% the Ads are misleading. I've been waiting for this announcement haha! There are a lot more honest ways to attack AT&T.

AT&T 3G is simply newer for them and thus they have a lot more areas to upgrade from EDGE. Verizon is just lucky to
    be on CDMA. On AT&T when you are out of 3G coverage,
    EDGE works and works well!
    Plus, usually thats in remote
    areas anyway.
    where do you live? 'cause here
    in downtown la, it's in and out.
    DOWNTOWN LOS MOTHER
    FREAKIN ANGELES.

Ryo Misaki no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    237E0FA6
    ATT user here... This made me laugh.
    I found ATT and Verizon's brawling advertisements hilarious from the beginning. (The "There's a Map for That" ad.)
    Stupid, at first, but it clearly annoyed ATT. (Obviously it worked.)

For those who find it misleading, they must not have watched or listened to the commercial. From the VERY beginning, both spoken verbally AND labeled visually, Verizon's commercials have clearly stated that they were showing maps for 3G coverage.

Again, I'm an ATT user, and frankly I don't like Verizon's service, so I'll not be switching despite the "Map Advantage" or whatever.
    But I live in Wichita Falls, Texas... A fairly decent sized town in north Texas. We don't have 3G. No clue when we'll get it. Dallas has it (2 hours south) and Oklahoma City has it (2 hours north). But everyone in between is screwed when it comes to 3G.

Dare I say... Verizon's absolutely correct.
    Recently ATT has put out "counter ads" with that dude reading postcards of everywhere "ATT has Coverage".
    I'm disappointed ATT. Despite ALL of Verizon's commercials CLEARLY talking about 3G coverage... ATT misses the point entirely and doesn't say a THING about it's sorry 3G coverage.
    Sure, "More bars in more places"! Great and all. Verizon didn't dispute that.

But ATT's STILL sorry 3G has been completely avoided by the company.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryo Misaki View Post
    ATT user here... This made me laugh.
    I'm disappointed ATT. Despite ALL of Verizon's commercials CLEARLY talking about 3G coverage... ATT misses the point entirely and doesn't say a THING about it's sorry 3G coverage.
    I don't think AT&T is missing the point but rather ignoring the point because they know its something they honestly can't dispute.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12