Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AT&T is pulling no punches in rebuttal to Verizon's latest commercials comparing their 3G coverage ... Smartphone News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

There's A Map for That..Oh Yeah, And A Lawsuit

Advertisement

AT&T is pulling no punches in rebuttal to Verizon's latest commercials comparing their 3G coverage to that of AT&T's. According to a report from Reuters, "AT&T Inc is suing Verizon Wireless in an effort to stop its bigger mobile rival from using "misleading" coverage maps in advertisements that AT&T says are causing it to lose "incalculable market share."

According to the lawsuit which AT&T filed in Atlanta federal court, a recently launched ad campaign shows maps with white spaces that mislead consumers into thinking AT&T has no network coverage outside of areas where it offers high-speed mobile services, known as third-generation or 3G.

But AT&T argued that its customers can "fully use their wireless devices outside of a '3G' coverage area and undisputedly have coverage in areas depicted by white or blank spaces on the maps used in Verizon's advertisements."

Check out the full article here.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    AT&T is complaining? Hahahahaha now THAT'S funny. The truth hurts and AT&T is hurting.

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    They sure are hurting. And I see those commercials more and more and each time feels like its more personal. Hahaha

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    You know I have att and I'm in denver I'm never out of 3G range lol,and in that map we hardly have any coverage lol

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    The truth to the matter is, the VZ do have more 3G coverage than ATT.
    ATT is being a sourpuss....But its funny.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I just checked AT&T's 3G coverage map for my area (I'm jumping ship in March or sooner) and they have excellent 3G coverage in my area (Missouri City, TX).

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Technically AT&T should just shutup because Verizon does mention 3G coverage and not just ANY coverage. So then the maps are accurate and AT&T is just upset because they look so bad.

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    yeah, i thought i heard "spotty 3G coverage". wtf are they complaining about? they know they suck. they know their customer satisfaction rate is falling at AT&T as a whole company. what about giving better service and stop suing people? at least when apple sues, it's 'cause they don't suck.
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

Les
    Les no está en línea Stack level 3
    AT&T needs money that is why this is happening. I think it is funny! I like the VZW commercial but i thought it was a spin off from the iPhone commercials. LOL

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6
    LMFAO. I have AT&T and I have great 3G coverage. I just think all this complaining is funny. People are going to choose whatever wireless carrier they want to -regardless.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I want cookies and Milk. Ah crap, I hope there isn't an app for that, cuz I don't want to get sued.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    What's really funny is how few people actually even make a connection. What a waste of money and courts' time for lawsuits. Spend more time making service better and devices people want. Enough with sueing people. Yes I love America, but I hate stupid people.

zipporic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B606F3
    I noticed a few others mentioned it too but I think AT&T is being stupid. Verizon SPECIFICALLY says "want to know why your friend has spotty 3G coverage? There's a map for that" No where do they mention anything about EDGE or otherwise. Who in the world would be knocking another companies standard data network - that's so 90's.

By the way, who do you think will be forking the bill for this lawsuit? My guess - AT&T will now charge you for even thinking about tethering.
    Who told you, you could eat my cookies? Put that cookie down!... Now!
    Courtesy of the Govenator

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    AT&T is pulling no punches in rebuttal to Verizon's latest commercials comparing their 3G coverage to that of AT&T's. According to a report from Reuters, "AT&T Inc is suing Verizon Wireless in an effort to stop its bigger mobile rival from using "misleading" coverage maps in advertisements that AT&T says are causing it to lose "incalculable market share."

According to the lawsuit which AT&T filed in Atlanta federal court, a recently launched ad campaign shows maps with white spaces that mislead consumers into thinking AT&T has no network coverage outside of areas where it offers high-speed mobile services, known as third-generation or 3G.

But AT&T argued that its customers can "fully use their wireless devices outside of a '3G' coverage area and undisputedly have coverage in areas depicted by white or blank spaces on the maps used in Verizon's advertisements."

Check out the full article here.
    I agree 100% the Ads are misleading. I've been waiting for this announcement haha! There are a lot more honest ways to attack AT&T.

AT&T 3G is simply newer for them and thus they have a lot more areas to upgrade from EDGE. Verizon is just lucky to be on CDMA. On AT&T when you are out of 3G coverage, EDGE works and works well! Plus, usually thats in remote areas anyway.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I wanna see AT&Apple sucker punch Verizon with an ad that uses Verizon's "Red" Check mark pointing out the things Verizon does not provide. I, raton pattent this idea. Fo' real!
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast