Overall winner: Tie between Apple iPhone 3G S and T-Mobile myTouch 3G PCWORLD delved into ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

The Hottest Smartphones of Summer Battle It Out

Advertisement

Overall winner: Tie between Apple iPhone 3G S and T-Mobile myTouch 3G

PCWORLD delved into four of the hottest phones available this summer--the Apple iPhone 3G S, the Nokia N97, the Palm Pre, and the T-Mobile myTouch 3G--to see how their hardware and software stacked up.

Apple's iPhone 3G S boasts a ARM Cortex A8 microprocessor running at 600MHz with 256MB. Last year's iPhone 3G sported an ARM 11 CPU running at 412MHz, and it carried 128MB of RAM.

How do the others compare? The N97 has an ARM 11 processor running at 434MHz with 128MB of RAM, the myTouch has a (Correction: Qualcomm MSM7200A, 528 MHz processor) with 288MB of RAM, and the Pre has a TI processor running at 600MHz with 256MB of RAM. It’s hard to gauge those specs side by side, given the phones' very different operating systems and their varying processor classifications. In my usage, though, I found the iPhone 3G S and the myTouch 3G the most responsive of the bunch.
    Read More

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    If I am a speed man, i would get the MyTouch, the dude is faster than the rest. I guess the Pre and the iphone 3G s is not all its crack up to bee.....

RIM better drop the atom bomb on them, or I am going to be very disappointed. I.e the duel core processor in the tour better not be a rumor; because that would be the bomb.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I think next year every top phone will be using the duel core processor. I hope this is true b/c it's going to be a big difference in what we are used to today. It will help everything run smoother. Let's hope they (cell phone makers) can harness the power consumption and heat to an acceptable level for normal cell phone use.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The wedge between me and BlackBerry keeps getting driven deeper....that HTC is looking mighty nice!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    i finally got to play with the g1. Loved playing doom on it lol and since my brother has the pre, i played with that and honestly couldnt put it down. Such a smooth os. Makes me wonder about my 8900
    Media POWERHOUSE- 8900 Curve
    When your surrounded by the Palm Pre, Iphone 3gs and T-mobile mytouch (G2) makes me wonder about blackberry.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    From my checks the myTouch smartphone runs a Qualcomm MSM7200A, 528 MHz processors. Its no sleeper esp with 288MB of ram. But the iPhone 3GS should still be faster.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    From my checks the myTouch smartphone runs a Qualcomm MSM7200A, 528 MHz processors. Its no sleeper esp with 288MB of ram. But the iPhone 3GS should still be faster.
    IDK..The iphone 3g had a stronger processor than the G1, but the G1 was faster in all the speed tests that I've seen. Curious, the article said the My touch has a 900/2100MHz processor. A typo maybe?
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    HTC has a tendency for releasing phones with insane processing speed. Looking forward to a speed test from this line up.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

sdbryan no está en línea Stack level 1
    the myTouch is just a rebranded HTC Magic / Google Ion right? haven't speed tests already been done? I've been waiting for a sweet 3G smartphone from T-Mo. This second Android phone might be it, although if I remember right there's a few more Android phones coming T-Mo's way before the end of the year.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I am definately going to give the mytouch3g a shot! I too, have been waiting for a kick arse device to switch to outside of a BB!