Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

We'd like to introduce you to your new best friend...the Fuel. It's a protective case, ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

The Fuel from Case-Mate: Charging on the Go!

Advertisement

We'd like to introduce you to your new best friend...the Fuel. It's a protective case, a carrying solution and an extended battery all in one. Forget your charger ... your phone's taken care of.

Extended Battery Life & Additional Features of the Fuel for the iPhone 3G

Extended Battery Life Features
    • Talk time: up to 9 additional hours beyond standard iPhone 3G battery life
    • Internet use: up to 7 additional hours beyond standard iPhone 3G battery life
    • Video playback: up to 8 additional hours beyond standard iPhone 3G battery life
    • Audio playback: up to 24 additional hours beyond standard iPhone 3G battery life
    • Stand by time: up to 250 additional hours beyond standard iPhone 3G battery life
    Additional Features
    • Power on/off button makes more efficient usage of the fuel by only engaging when you decide to
    • Rechargeable through a standard 5-pin usb cable (included)
    • Fully supports syncing while iPhone 3G is docked in the fuel
    • Fully ratcheting 180-degree belt clip
    • Easy slide in/out access to your iPhone 3G
    [read more]

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    OOOOOOH Me likey! Thanks Cherri for helping me find my next accessory for my Bold!

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    cherri that is sweeeeet... im drooling all over... seriously...
    i see RED...

c2k
    c2k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    that is so cool!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    THAT is a neat looking product. I see this is for the iPhone only - that's good in my case because yesterday I ordered an extended battery for my Curve.

I wonder if they'll come out with one for Blackberrys - 'bet they do but probably for the newer ones first at least.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 05-07-2009 at 09:07 AM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    ask me
    $80 for the bold clip... sadly does not allow access to the device screen and keyboard like the Iphone version does...
    i see RED...

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    THAT is a neat looking product. I see this is for the iPhone only - that's good in my case because yesterday I ordered an extended battery for my Curve.

I wonder if they'll come out with one for Blackberrys - 'bet they do but probably for the newer ones first at least.
    There's one for the Bold on their site (in stock according to the page). Not sure about other models.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    $80 for the bold clip... sadly does not allow access to the device screen and keyboard like the Iphone version does...
    Actually I prefer the screen being "protected" (the BB Bold version). For smartphones like the iPhone and Storm I think front screen protection on a belt clip is important. Table/counter edges, doorways, car doors etc all become hazards with the screen exposed.

I would hope to use this case ike a regular belt clip and remove the device everytime I need to use it. I guess its a matter of preference and probably something about the iPhone and Bold design that forced the screen in/out options.

I would def buy this for my 8900 if the screen is faced IN.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    i think you got the better buy JB, the bold version doesnt allow access to the device while its on clip like it does for the iphone... so that can slow u down a bit... personally id want an extended battery... cuz i can still access the device...

VVV---EDIT---VVV

i guess I'll agree with you on that hayden... it is a matter of preference... come to think of it... if i can get a seido 3500mah extended battery on my bold AND this case, it would be perfect... i can have all the battery life i need, and then i have a backup charger in the clip...

i read on the site that once the clip battery is charged, you can turn the charging unit on or off. that way it wont start charging your phone every time you holster it... you can turn it on when you need, and switch it back off and save it for when you run out of juice...
    Last edited by reddrvgon; 05-07-2009 at 09:37 AM.
    i see RED...

i think you got the better buy JB, the bold version doesnt allow access to the device while its on clip like it does for the iphone... so that can slow u down a bit... personally id want an extended battery... cuz i can still access the device...
    Well, I did for now anyway. I need a little extra "life" and this isn't an option for me yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejosh View Post
    There's one for the Bold on their site (in stock according to the page). Not sure about other models.
    Saw Red's comment above but didn't notice the one for the Bold - eyes shifted totally right I guess - Freudian slip of some kind. It's good tho - they'll come out with others I'm sure. Hope the 83xx isn't too old - - for them to do a version for that.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 05-07-2009 at 01:25 PM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Actually I prefer the screen being "protected" .........
    Having the screen "turned in" would be must for me. I bump into too many things with that thing on my hip to take a chance. One scrape across the screen and I'd fall in floor and flop like a fish outa water- not a pretty picture! :d

PIN/ID
    ask me
    one thing though, the 83xx curve is a lot better with battery life in comparison to the newer bad boys like the bold or the storm or even the 8900 curve...
    i see RED...

one thing though, the 83xx curve is a lot better with battery life in comparison to the newer bad boys like the bold or the storm or even the 8900 curve...
    That's what I read and that's too bad too. The more features you get on a phone the more it's gonna cost in power cycles. I think just the wi-fi on a phone "eats" more power too - my spare 8320 goes through it's battery faster than the 8330. But I'm also trying to leave a few more aps running in BG on my 8330 these days and that's taking more out of the battery than I'd like.

I hope the newer BBs can be improved and made a little more efficient or, better, that battery technology will come up with some new innovations to extend the life between charges.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    the biggest difference between the 83xx series is the processor... we're not running at 600+mhz processors whereas the preivous devices all have 200mhz processors...

obviously a faster more powerful processor will require more power... my biggest disappointment with my bold was that it came with a battery that had the same amount of juice as my 8700... i would have expected them to make a 3500mah battery standard for a bold or storm... they need it...

i remember i picked up a 3500mah extended piggy back battery for my first pda... that gave me a total of 14 hours of talktime... now THAT is what i need...
    i see RED...

i remember i picked up a 3500mah extended piggy back battery for my first pda... that gave me a total of 14 hours of talktime... now THAT is what i need...
    Can you get one of these where you are, Red? ...or is shipping impossible or too expensive?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast