Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

No, it's a fair bit more involved than that bladeberry (unfortunately). First you have to ... Smartphone News forum

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

No, it's a fair bit more involved than that bladeberry (unfortunately).

First you have to get Verizon to removed the MEID/ESN from their network. Then you have the problem on how to change the HomeSID in the phone. Then you would have to get Sprint to enable the MEID/ESN on their network. Then you have the problem that the SIM slot is locked to Vodafone for IIF roaming (hmm...so, now you have to try to get THAT unlocked).

Honestly, not sure you're going to be able to do it (the first few that try will have a lot of battle scars for the effort).

bladeberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    318b6284
    there is no sim in cdma phones and the codes for all this as i said are freely givin sprint lost a court case this year and the all will do what they have to do the government has gotton strict on companies locking phones to thier service (I work at the house of reps) It may be more involved but it is mabye an hour prosess and probaly has to be done at a store you will just have to pay full price for the phone with no service and i know alot of people who use other carrirs phones on thier carriers couple with out of the states models thier internet dosent work but phone is fine and blackberry told me that it is definately doable and the phones for cdma arent exactly loced as you said it is a process to it but no biggie when i go other places its done sumtimes i had no poblems

PIN/ID
    318b6284
    i think they also keep the esn hence no change

PIN/ID
    318b6284
    thunders sim is for world roaming i belive and im sure will take other carriers sim with a lil tweaking lol

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Erm...have you actually done this with a CDMA BB before? (trust me, I tried...not worth doing).

"i think they also keep the esn hence no change" - Umm...this is like keeping the IMEI. (you should know, working in government that it's illegal to move ID's between devices, right?) Can't be done anyways...it's burned into the ROM.

Regarding your last comment on the sim. I think you should read up on IIF roaming a bit (so you understand how it works). Verizon devices have their IIF roaming configured for Vodafone (who owns them).

PIN/ID
    318b6284
    ok still stands can and will be done
    by alot of people will not sit here and pretend i know it all but as i said sprint lost the case and sprint and verizion are doing it and verizion has plans set up around you bringing your phone from another company you still have yoour rebate eligabilty i belive so if you decide to change your phone to one of thiers never said it would be easy but it is now illegal to make it imposable the sepreme court said it was unethical to make sumone have to buy a new phone becase they were leaving thier company so becase you had a hard time dosent mean its imposable is the only point im makeing

PIN/ID
    318b6284
    and i have had other carrers phones on sprint

Threekings no está en línea Stack level 3
    Up north of the border, hope they get for Telus or Rogers soon.

tmdavies01 no está en línea Stack level 2

Niiiiice

cant wait!!! wonder how much it costs??

LunkHead no está en línea Device Pro
    I am on Alltel and hope that when the merger goes down I can get my hands on this bad boy!

Kris

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

wyldcrd611 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I was just at the T-Mobile store to check on something for my wife, and they mentioned that they are going to get the storm about 6 mos after Verizon. They said they were all signed up and ready to go, so probably march or april timeframe next year we will see them pop up on the radar. TMO guy could have been full of it too, but we're already customers not going anywhere, why would they blow smoke.
    ~matt

geneatals no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldcrd611 View Post
    I was just at the T-Mobile store to check on something for my wife, and they mentioned that they are going to get the storm about 6 mos after Verizon. They said they were all signed up and ready to go, so probably march or april timeframe next year we will see them pop up on the radar. TMO guy could have been full of it too, but we're already customers not going anywhere, why would they blow smoke.

to keep you with TM, they are SALES reps. ATT/TM will be getting the BOLD, no way they'll be getting this BB as well. If anyone would be getting the Storm outside of VZW it would be ATT before TM. TM can't even get the iPhone, probably won't even get the BOLD until next year...

mikterhon no está en línea Stack level 1
    Can't wait for this phone to release,I highly doubt its gonna be released anytime soon.The World Edition 8830 is a very powerful blackberry.I don't expect to see the Storm till the new year.
    Blessed love
    Mikterhon say dat!!!!

salbo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31884ae9
    what is chillin about sprint is takes so damn long for them to get a phone but by the time they do get the newest berry its always perfected. Even if sprint doesnt get the storm right away my contract with sprint is up like....a little over a year and im sure something will be in the works by then

stmcgill no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2104EBA8
    I expect the quality to be good, but where in the market will it fit? My thoughts are here- http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=826
    Shaun McGill
    www.pda-247.com
    Blackberry, Symbian, iPhone, Windows Mobile, Android etc. etc.
    PIN: 2104EBA8

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast