From $3.4-billion to $10-billion As investors in Blackberry maker have enjoyed stellar returns, so have ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

The Billionaire BlackBerry Duo?

Advertisement

From $3.4-billion to $10-billion

As investors in Blackberry maker have enjoyed stellar returns, so have inventors Jim Balsillie and Mike Lazaridis

The billionaire BlackBerry duo has even more capacity for philanthropy - or buying National Hockey League teams - these days, thanks to their company's soaring stock price.

Research In Motion Ltd.'s latest management proxy circular shows co-CEOs Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie's combined stockholdings in the Waterloo, Ont., high-tech phenomenon were worth more than $10-billion (U.S.) last month, up from about $3.4-billion a year earlier.

During that period, the price of RIM's shares on the Nasdaq exchange - the measuring stick used in the circular -rocketed to nearly $141 from less than $56.

Mr. Balsillie, who has been trying to buy an NHL franchise, so far in vain, holds shares and deferred share units now worth nearly $4.83-billion, while Mr. Lazaridis's slightly larger holdings are within a hair's breadth of $5.2-billion.

[read more]

zamboni_1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    good article to rub into Gary Bettmans face ( commissioner of the NHL). They sold a team that Balsillie was going to purchase to a guy that is now in chapter 11 bankruptcy.

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro
    I knew I should have bought more stock after the split. Dang...there go my billions :cry:
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    I missed out on buying stocks a long time ago; is to late?

That move sounds like more advertising for RIM as well.

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yeah likewise! Its kinda expensive to buy stocks at this time! Unless you are extremely rich and can invest around a mil., I really don't see people making a lot of money art this point in time in rim's corporate state.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Yeah well there's a reason why there so rich..great phones and a great company. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hopefully i will hit the lottery this weekend here in Florida, Maybe then i will be able to by some stock. I think RIM is going to have a very promising Future if they don't let apple keep getting the jump on them.