Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

They need to show these videos to kids in the US. OR just make it ... Smartphone News forum

JaidedFocus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    262A279E

Advertisement

They need to show these videos to kids in the US. OR just make it a law not to text and drive. I know in certain areas you can get ticketed for that.
    My Focus may become Jaided but never my determination...

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I think the best solution is to get the people caught texting to come outta their cars and smack 'em around by Mike Tyson for doing so and then let them go. My Dos Centavos
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

ur561ad no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm driving and texting right now!
    Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14320/554; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

DiamondD2506 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    *Ask*
    These videos just scared the crap out of me for life.....debating whether or not to re-post to Facebook for friends to see....
    *CLASSY, not TRASHY*

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondD2506 View Post
    These videos just scared the crap out of me for life.....debating whether or not to re-post to Facebook for friends to see....

Just do it. They'll listen for the first day or week then to heck with the babies out there or the elderly.

DiamondD2506 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    *Ask*
    Gee that's comforting...lolz
    *CLASSY, not TRASHY*

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by ur561ad View Post
    I'm driving and texting right now!
    You must have been that third car that narrowly avoided the crash.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I know before Prom a lot of schools do mock up crashes to simulate drunk driving. Some of these mock ups are so realistic. Cops, Fire Rescue, EMTs all coming in from different directions. Lifestar heli landing. Def gets them to see what is really is like
    <-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

malejko no está en línea Stack level 2

Question

Quote Originally Posted by brettxw View Post
    And no. We are NOT trained to use a laptop while driving. We are trained to NOT use the laptop while driving however there are some times where we need to. We do A LOT while driving. We are talking on the radio, turning lights on or off/sirens on or off. Reading street signs to give our locations. We're only trained on a closed course. You can't train for it how it really is.
    So the training still makes it okay to talk on the radio, use the laptop and whatever else? Yet I could potentially get a ticket for talking to someone on my cell phone? Messed up. If a cop gets into a wreck while they're distracted with a laptop; do they get a ticket and possibly demerits?

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    The UK is really trying to freak kids out. They should too. Teens arent good driving as it is and are always preoccupied. I hope tht wakes some people up.
    Gyros anyone?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    They should have one for those who are putting their make up on while driving eye shadows and the whole nine yards. Also one for those fat a$$es who are eating their subs while driving or whatever they're stuffing down their throats. And of course for those that are just plain stupid that have their dogs on their laps (makes me wanna get them outta their cars and smack the hell outta them). End of rant

zipporic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B606F3
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    They should have one for those who are putting their make up on while driving eye shadows and the whole nine yards. Also one for those fat a$$es who are eating their subs while driving or whatever they're stuffing down their throats. And of course for those that are just plain stupid that have their dogs on their laps (makes me wanna get them outta their cars and smack the hell outta them). End of rant
    raton, let's not forget the moms who feel the need to turn around and feed their infants while driving, the ones that like to open up the largest map they could find and look at it because they have no clue where they are and you always have to hate the people that like to dig through the 900 cd's they have to find that special one to listen to.
    Who told you, you could eat my cookies? Put that cookie down!... Now!
    Courtesy of the Govenator

bryer1999 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30CAC076
    Well I am a tow truck driver and I clean up accedents for a living, and believe me there are so many distractions to drivers texting, feeding the kids, eating themselves, and even aplying make up this is only the begining of many things that distract drivers today across the globe. Here in my state the local, County and state police officers will actualy check recent call and text logs to determin the cause of an accident (depending on I-witness statements) they will literaly take your phone and view your stuff so if your in Washington State you should realy invest in a blue tooth headset and Viigo for BB wich is a free app you can download wich uses your voice to tweet and send text messages and to voice dial and many other great features this way you can keep your eyes on the road and yourself and others safe. (Viigo is avalable in the BB app worlds free section) not yet available for tour and storm users however dose'nt function properly...... Brian

Great News Just released Viigo for the Tour and Storm users
    Last edited by bryer1999; 08-26-2009 at 10:44 PM.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    They just showed this on CNN with one of the actresses on the phone. It is used in schools overseas as a PSA. Also had the director on. So far to date it has had 1.5 Million views.

ur561ad no está en línea Stack level 3
    I made a joke that I was texting while driving. But in reality, its cuz I was a little pissed. I had just lost a court trial. I was sitting at a light next to a cop,(piece of crap). I had my blutooth in my ear. My phone rang, I picked up my phone just to see who was calling and I got a ticket. The judge said if you are in a car and the key is on you can not touch your phone. So I guess pulling over to make a call is also illegal in sunny so cal! I see cops on the phone all the time. And to ticket me for something so petty is B.S. Anyways it cost me 200 bucks to touch my phone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123