Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awesome video. I hope we all learned something from it this time around. I know ... Smartphone News forum

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Advertisement

Awesome video. I hope we all learned something from it this time around. I know I did. Thank you for sharing. In addition, I think it's very appropriate to make it as graphic as possible because people don't quite understand the seriousness of the matter until they see with their own eyes what could really happen. Kinda reminds me of that disgusting black liver they used to show as a deterent for teen smoking. That was very explicit to me which really made me think twice about smoking. Everyone reacts to these sort of ads differently of course. I just hope everyone can at least understand the message and finally take responsibility for their actions. Well, enough yapping from me.
    Last edited by raton; 08-17-2009 at 12:46 PM. Reason: added more stuff lol
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional
    Outstanding video- Chris aka riffman
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    " I do many things well- none of which generate income"
    - riffman

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    You guys think watching this video is graphic? I can't even begin to explain to you how hard it is to be an LEO and have to be dispatched to a scene like this and see it first hand. Its a totally different feeling when you are there in person, having to see the bodies and remove them. This is a great video and I really think there should be a law in ALL states for no cell phones while driving.
    <-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    The only way to curb accidents involving cell phones is for a federal law to be implemented, issuing STIFF penalties for those who violate, much like the DWI laws. When enough people are harmed the state and federal government will get involved on a higher level.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    I use a motorola hands free fm transmitter when I am driving, but one downsize is that I can't seem to get vlingo to work when it is connected in the car. I have the bold! Media player and voice dialing work great.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.282 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107

ajaxn2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    that messed me up with the baby in the back.

malejko no está en línea Stack level 2
    Everywhere I know of, there are already distraction laws; ie. "driving while distracted" that usually only come into effect AFTER an accident, which usually only adds to an accident, and definitely doesn't prevent it. If it takes a "no txting, no cell phones, no radio channel changing, no chewing gum, etc. while driving" for people to actually respect the laws, then so be it... there's been no littering laws for decades, and people still do it.. so why would people actually stop txting while driving because of some new law?! Unfortunately it's MY life they put at risk, along with their own...

As it is, there are very rare occasions where I will take a call while driving; and even then, I focus the majority of my attention to the road. Kind of like how you play video games and only respond to your mom or gf or wife when they really need an answer. Txting? Only when at a complete stop. Any other time is just stupid.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I get distracted when I see a hot girl but I still pay attention to her hotness and the road. lol
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    The just signed a texting law in Illinois which takes effect Jan 1. Problem is you can still use the GPS in your phone while driving, that can be worse then texting while driving. My only questions how is it legal to use a laptop while driving? Many companies use them and most police cars have them now days. And they do get into accidents while using them, they just don't make out the reports that way.

malejko no está en línea Stack level 2
    Shhh... the police are TRAINED how to use laptops while driving.

LMAO.. actually, in Calgary here at least; I was told that the police have been told NOT to use the laptop while driving... but they still do it... and it's dangerous.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by malejko View Post
    Shhh... the police are TRAINED how to use laptops while driving.

LMAO.. actually, in Calgary here at least; I was told that the police have been told NOT to use the laptop while driving... but they still do it... and it's dangerous.
    And no. We are NOT trained to use a laptop while driving. We are trained to NOT use the laptop while driving however there are some times where we need to. We do A LOT while driving. We are talking on the radio, turning lights on or off/sirens on or off. Reading street signs to give our locations. We're only trained on a closed course. You can't train for it how it really is.
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Wow, heartbreaking videos. Anybody know what these were created for? I had a hard time even watching the first one. Do they show these to kids in school or something? There a many people I would love to show these to but can't because of the graphic nature (corporate setting).

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    This was created for use in England for use in schools, drivers ed training....hopefully the kids take it seriously.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

k2daizzer no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by brettxw View Post
    You guys think watching this video is graphic? I can't even begin to explain to you how hard it is to be an LEO and have to be dispatched to a scene like this and see it first hand. Its a totally different feeling when you are there in person, having to see the bodies and remove them. This is a great video and I really think there should be a law in ALL states for no cell phones while driving.
    i agree with brett im a firefighter and first responder and i see this stuff way too often to care for. its one thing to see the video but to be there on the scene of a serious accident is just very hard to cope with. it irritates me how selfish some people can be when they are driving to put everyone elses lives at risk by doing the things they do when they drive. whether its texting, emailing, imming, talking, playing with the radio, putting on make up , etc etc etc people need to realize you are there to drive to get from point a to point b. All those other things can be done when you arent driving.. is your life or the lives of others really that important to send a lol or i had a fun time last night?

i think not.. i could post some pictures of scenes that i have been on but it would make some of you sick to your stomach. so i will refrain from doing so..

think of who you might be affecting the next time you do something on your phone or worse what if it were your family or loved one that was lost because of someone elses negligence..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast