Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I know that many PinStackers participated in the beta testing for the application Tether(formerly called ... Smartphone News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Tether Celebrates it's 1st Birthday with a Smartphone Giveaway!

Advertisement

I know that many PinStackers participated in the beta testing for the application Tether(formerly called TetherBerry) and have now become regular users. I received and email from the folks at Tether about their fantastic celebration they are having in honor of their birthday! Here is more about what's been going on with Tether:

"In just the past year we've helped over 110,000 BlackBerry Smartphones share their data connection with their laptops, all over the world. The
    year has been exciting with our rebranding from TetherBerry to Tether, launch of the Mac & Bluetooth version, our Android Beta and winning the
    local Innovacorp I3 competition.

It has been a fun ride and we hope to build on this momentum in 2010. We hope to continue to accelerate our growth and move closer to our goal
    of creating a Tethering solution for all major mobile operating systems.

Our engineering team has been working hard on our Android version. Although we haven't officially launched the beta test to our users, we
    promise it's going to be worth the wait. Just look at these unbelievable speed tests: http://tweetphoto.com/13489730"

And here's the best part, it's their Birthday and they're giving away presents!

"But what’s a birthday without a little celebration?

We're doing something a little special. We're giving away six Smartphones. Three BlackBerry Smartphones and three Android Smartphones, each
    laser-etched or decalled with the Tether logo. And, entering the contest is dead simple! Just register at: http://tether.com/contest "

Spread the word about this great service and the awesome giveaway! Also Tether is on sale for $29.99 until March 16th!
    Last edited by azstar; 03-10-2010 at 04:09 PM.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Ever since they cut off our internet access at work, I've been using the Tether application and it works great! It's been invaluable to me to take care of my businesses from my laptop during the work day. You won't find blazing speeds, but they continue to work to improve both the product and the speed and are very receptive to ideas you might have to improve the product.

They recently released a bluetooth version of Tether which is great. Had some minor issues getting it to work with Windows 7, but Tether responded with an improved product which now displays a list of bluetooth devices within range and allows you to pick one from the dropdown. Still a few minor kinks to work out with this version, but overall, it's a great product that I rely on every day!

I am looking forward to testing the Android version!
    Twitter? My Apps List

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Happy Birthday Tether. I will pass the good news/contest-give away on to others.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    nice
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Nize...I just signed up!
    Gyros anyone?

Les
    Les no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thank you I have entered and shared with others. I hope i win something one of these times. :~)

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Happy Birthday Tether. Love the product from the beginning! I don't use it that often but when I need it it's there.

Update: Replied here once but if any of you have tried to tether without an app and failed this is the one for you. If you need dependable tether software I highly recommend Tether.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 03-10-2010 at 03:36 PM.

siver no está en línea Stack level 3
    A very happy B-day Tether!! Tweeting, facebooking, etc., so everyone knows it's your special day!

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Greetings Tether from the 45th state.....I'm delighted about your success and wish you many triumphs and good fortunes as your products continue to evolve......
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Ever since they cut off our internet access at work, I've been using the Tether application and it works great! It's been invaluable to me to take care of my businesses from my laptop during the work day. You won't find blazing speeds, but they continue to work to improve both the product and the speed and are very receptive to ideas you might have to improve the product.

They recently released a bluetooth version of Tether which is great. Had some minor issues getting it to work with Windows 7, but Tether responded with an improved product which now displays a list of bluetooth devices within range and allows you to pick one from the dropdown. Still a few minor kinks to work out with this version, but overall, it's a great product that I rely on every day!
    I still have access at work, but when I encounter a site our firewall doesn't like, then I connect the BB, fire up tether and BAM, I'm there! Works great for my Fantasy teams which the office blocks.
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

Original post updated, now Reply to enter for a chance to win a free license for Tether for BlackBerry! Spread the word!
    Twitter? My Apps List

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Original post updated, now Reply to enter for a chance to win a free license for Tether for BlackBerry! Spread the word!
    Would really enjoy a Tether so as you suggested....registered at Tether again but it said duplicate link.....guess your remark meant reply here....misunderstood....mea culpa-mea culpa....
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

pennaryan no está en línea Stack level 2
    Love this utility. I am on the road and always have a connection with great speeds. Need a license for my wife! Hope I win!

tttc24 no está en línea Stack level 1

Very useful

I believe this would be very useful because I have a mini laptop and would love to use Tether to connect to the internet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast