Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by delfim Hi Cherri, Well... you made it back, safe and sound... next ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Hi Cherri,
    Well... you made it back, safe and sound... next time, ask our opinion about the iPhone - you'd get the same answers you worked hard for !
    I admit we might be biased towards the BB - but, heck, they are efficient in what they do, and they ARE time savers in what they help you do..!
    One more thing - did you try the copy/cut and paste on the iPhone, copy or cut text from an sms to e-mail, or vice-versa ? Or do the same trick from a Word document to another or to a excel file ? Did you? let us know please.
    Cheers.
    i fooled myself into thinking that 1) all those other reviews didn't matter and 2) that i didn't need those features as bad. boy was i wrong

mdh00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for the detailed diary. The iPhone is definitely not for everyone. It has allot of flashy apps but you can't beat the reliability of a Blackberry.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    yep like I said earlier you cant review or make a decision on the usefulness of an iphone without it being jailbroken, that would be like reviewing a BB that had no data or messaging it would just be another phone but with a fancy keyboard in this case a touch screen.

Another Analogy would be:
    Internet Browser-Internet = Lame

I wish you would take the 10 minutes and give it a try and then after you've messed around with it for a day or so make your decision.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Quote Originally Posted by mdh00 View Post
    Thanks for the detailed diary. The iPhone is definitely not for everyone. It has allot of flashy apps but you can't beat the reliability of a Blackberry.
    A pull a day keeps the bugs away right?
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    That'll teach you to buy an iPhone. LOL
    http://twitter.com/HotCelica
    hotcelica@crackberry.com
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/HotCelica
    Rockin a T-Mobile 8900 5.0.190
    Just bought the GF a T-Mobile 8220(Yep converted her to the darkside)

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It's been interesting reading your reactions and frustrations. I am still thinking about switching the end of summer to an Android phone. I have a lot of researching to do. love my 8330 but am interested in learning a new platform......we shall see.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Having read so many bb users getting iPhones and returning them a few days later has left me with no doubt that the iPhone is not for me. It looks a lovely device but for the moment I cannt see myself changing from my beloved Storm.
    Join the Lounge and relax and have fun
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f93/

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends

Thumbs up

Wow very nice, thanks for the comparision on the two phones.
    Mike

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ... STILL HAVE TO COMMENT ON YOUR WORK CHERRI - GREAT REPORT, GREAT INSIGHT.
    Admittedly the BB's could do with little bit more pizzazz, but should never loose it's personallity and character. The iPhone should, on the other hand, loose some of the pizzazz and concentrate on gaining a lot of both...

belkmarsha no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    319a5520
    I was the same way. I had a curve and the iphone just looked so great so I tried it. I was so dissappointed. I tried it out for about 2 weeks and then I decided to just use it as an ipod. The jailbreak isn't that hard, but it doesn't make a difference in the signal at all. That was my main issue with the iphone, it would say I had 2 or 3 bars of service but I couldn't make a call to save my life. Neadless to say I went running back to my Blackberry and I try to talk sence into everyone who chooses to use that silly iphone.

macmints06 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by neorabid View Post
    yep like I said earlier you cant review or make a decision on the usefulness of an iphone without it being jailbroken, that would be like reviewing a BB that had no data or messaging it would just be another phone but with a fancy keyboard in this case a touch screen.
    Not quite.
    BBs pretty much come standard with data and messaging capabilities. No hacking needs to be done. Jailbreaking is more or less "illegal" in Apple's eyes, and on the other hand RIM wants you to use data and messaging.

All reviews should be done virtually right from out of the box, otherwise there would not be a level playing field.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    That's a great "diary" of your iPhone activities. I can't say I've ever been tempted by the iPhone but, if I were, I'd be over it now! (There are other smart phones that DO tempt me however.)

Thanks for the time you put into documenting your trial of the iPhone.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by macmints06 View Post
    Not quite.
    BBs pretty much come standard with data and messaging capabilities. No hacking needs to be done. Jailbreaking is more or less "illegal" in Apple's eyes, and on the other hand RIM wants you to use data and messaging.

All reviews should be done virtually right from out of the box, otherwise there would not be a level playing field.
    i agree...

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I agree too. That's a great point that macmints06 makes. Comparisons and reviews should be on the "issued" version, whatever the product. That would be what's most important to most consumers IMO.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

taynepope no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hayden,
    I agree totally with you. Although I'd like to really like the iphone, i keep thinking about how my BB will feel when i'm with another. Feels a little weird. I don't mind customizing my phone but something seems fundamentally wrong w/ having to
    "jailbreak" a phone to enjoy it. I know this is a personal quirk of mine. I really hope the rumors are true about the new storm coming in Sept, if not, we'll have to try the iphone b/c we want a touch screen.

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Obviously you've put a lot of time into your iPhone.

I guess some of it comes down to time spent. I mean we do hack and customize our BBs also. Not in one week, but over months for most and years for others. After years of being very intricate with any device, its going to be VERY hard to switch. There are still PALM users out there who couldn't make the switch to BB due to this same reason. lol The Pre will be heaven sent for them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast