Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Originally Posted by pybe ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Downloaded and installed on my 8820 but when ... Smartphone News forum

amylnitr8 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31A61913

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pybe View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Downloaded and installed on my 8820 but when it runs it just says "lost connection" ......

Any thoughts?
    No thoughts, just a "me too" on my 8830. A shame because the live search prog that MS has for WM devices (I know, boo hiss whatever) works beautifully from the exact same location that I'm losing the connection on BB. Have an email out, hopefully will get a real person response. Anyone else running into this or *fingers crossed* fixing it maybe?

8820Lover no está en línea Stack level 1
    Tmo 8820 Just get Connection Lost as well

jorgeg.ledes no está en línea Developer
    too bad its not working with Tmobile, I have an ATT 8310 unlocked on Tmobile, I can download the app just fine and its looks cool but it get stuck while searching for the GPS, oh well gotta wait I guess
    Best regards

Jorge Ledesma
    PIN 2440BE7C

www.blackberrygtd.com

jayjay7411 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3189BF5E
    is there anyway to get a zip file of this app because i have a 8130 through sprint so its says its not availble for my phone but i figure if the 8100 can do it so can my 8130 for i had a zip and not ota file??!! dont you figure??

PIN/ID
    31A61913
    Just a f/u...edited and allowed the permissions for this prog and poof it now works. So, yeah, hooray for that and something worth trying for people who keep getting the "lost connection" message.

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80
    b4 I DL I would like to know will this work on a non GPS device such as the 8320?

I have seemingly gotten it to work on my 8820
    I changed my APN settings to wap.voicestream.com (blank password and username)
    Did a battery pull and changed all permissions to allow and it worked for me.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    It says on the web site it's just for ATT customers...that might be why some of you are having problems. Tried to down load it, didn't have a problem. Set the permissions, no issue. Tried to run it and it restarted my phone. Deleted it right away.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Thumbs up

It works fine on my Tmo 8820 (after I set the apn and permissions) I have been playing with it..Its worth it just for the weather..I have been searching for a free weather program also the movie feature is pretty cool.. Well I wish you all luck..

cpresseault no está en línea Stack level 1
    does it work in canada

tampags704 no está en línea Stack level 1
    not working on my 8100...sayiny connection not available.ugh;(

PIN/ID
    31A61913
    One more f/u: had emailed the good folks who put out the prog and heard back tonight. They're suggested fix: manually edit permissions to allow all. Worked for me anyway.

tweezak no está en línea Stack level 2
    ATT 8820.
    I'm really surprised at how fast this app is. Microsoft must not have porked out the code yet. I'm glad to see it uses the WIFI too.

pickledtrout no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    I get a message that says "Connection Lost" whenever I try to open TellMe on my Rogers 8310. Anyone else seen this?

SarahFromTellme no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by pickledtrout View Post
    I get a message that says "Connection Lost" whenever I try to open TellMe on my Rogers 8310. Anyone else seen this?
    Hi, Tellme isn't currently available for Rogers, so that's why you're having connectivity issues.

Right now we support BlackBerry 8100, 8800, 8820, and 8310 for AT&T, and 8830 for Sprint. We're adding support for 8830 on Verizon on May 7th. We're hoping to make Tellme available for more phones and carriers soon - you can sign up to be notified when we add additional support here: www.tellme.com/you/get/notify

For folks on the thread who have supported phones and are experiencing GPS or connectivity issues, couple of notes:
    - Tellme currently uses a direct connection, so no BES (working on it, shoot us an email from www.tellme.com/about/contact_us if you want to know when it's working)
    - Tellme currently works on OS 4.2, so if you're a 4.5 BETA tester that will explain issues you might be having (working on this also, let us know if you want to be contacted when Tellme works on 4.5)
    - If you're not on BES and using 4.2 and still having issues, please email us and we'll work with you to troubleshoot and fix them. Thanks!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast