New features include one-touch speech recognition, lane assist, red light traffic camera alerts and speed ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

TeleNav Unveils New Version of TeleNav GPS Navigator

Advertisement

New features include one-touch speech recognition,
    lane assist, red light traffic camera alerts and speed limit alerts

TeleNav today announced the upcoming launch of TeleNav GPS Navigator 6.0. With this new version, customers will receive several new features including one-touch speech recognition, lane assist, red light traffic camera alerts and speed limit alerts. In addition, customers can receive turn-by-turn directions to their destination even if they drive out of wireless coverage.

Increasing Safety and Improving the Navigation Experience
    With this launch, TeleNav introduces single-click speech input which allows the user to press one button and use common phrases such as “Drive to 1130 Kifer Road, Sunnyvale, California,” “Search for Starbucks,” or “Show me a map of Sunnyvale, California.” Customers can also say “Drive home” to launch directions to their home or use a new shortcut option, “Home” in the “Drive To” menu of the application.

Other new features include:
    · Lane assist for major roads and intersections to help drivers perform upcoming maneuvers
    · Audio alerts for upcoming intersections reportedly equipped with red light traffic cameras
    · On-screen freeway speed limit information with visual warnings when drivers exceed the posted speed limit
    · “Local Apps” option in the application’s main menu, giving customers quick access to local movie information, weather and commute alerts

Navigation Out of Wireless Coverage
    Using unique, patent-pending technology, the new release of TeleNav GPS Navigator now downloads the entire route and surrounding map data onto the driver’s phone. This ensures users will continue to receive turn-by-turn directions to their selected destination if they drive out of wireless coverage - even if they miss multiple turns along the way. In addition, the service will allow customers the ability to start a route back to their original location while out of wireless coverage. Once they drive back into wireless coverage, they will again have full service access in order to get directions to a new destination as well as receive real-time information such as traffic alerts.

Focusing on Customer Feedback and Innovation
    TeleNav announces its new version after recently being recognized as the Top Handset Navigation Supplier by ABI Research. For the second year in a row, the firm has ranked TeleNav as world leader based on overall innovation and implementation.
    “The most important thing we can do is listen to feedback from customers. This new version incorporates many features that they’ve asked for,” said Sal Dhanani, co-founder and vice president, products and marketing for TeleNav. “Our team is committed to providing the absolute best in mobile phone navigation.”

The new version of TeleNav’s service will be available this Wednesday, March 24 on select devices.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    That navigation when out of coverage range is awesome! Telenav has really made some nice improvements.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yeah they have......wish I could afford the extra 10 bucks per month!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    That's a very smart feature for them to add. Signals often drop off for a moment and that would sure make a big difference to the users. Nice job on that one

stonewall72 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Wish I could use this on VZW.

pennaryan no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hopefully they will roll this thru to sprint nav!

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Navigation Out of Wireless Coverage seems like a very good thing to have. I hope they get the patent

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    When does this come out how do i get it?

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Hopefully, it comes out to 4.5. I love TeleNav!