Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Turn by Turn voice instructions, 2D & 3D maps are all great features, but I ... Smartphone News forum

keizerjrr no está en línea Stack level 3

What I like about the application.

Advertisement

Turn by Turn voice instructions, 2D & 3D maps are all great features, but I like the the Biz Finder. This is basically a huge point of interest database. You can search for a multitude of locations such as ATM machines, restaurants, hotels, drug stores, etc… In total, over 10 million points of interest across the U.S.

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    Sign me up for the telnav please.
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sign me up

krisztibi no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    TeleNav would like to giveaway one-year subscriptions of Telenav GPS Navigator to three PinStackers that will be selected randomly at the end of this contest. If you own any of the following supported smartphones, then here's how to enter...

Reply with your answers to any two or all three of the following questions:

1. What’s your favorite feature currently available on GPS phone navigation applications?
    2. What feature you would most like to see available on GPS phone navigation applications?
    3. In your opinion, based on first-hand use or what you’ve read/heard, what company produces the best GPS phone navigation applications?

Winners will be announced this Wednesday! Everyone who participates in this giveaway contest benefits because Telenav often implements user feedback.

Enjoy premium GPS navigation right on your smartphone!

• Get turn-by-turn driving directions by voice and onscreen. If you miss a turn TeleNav will automatically reroute you.
    • Find whatever you need wherever you are. Locate, call or navigate to rated and reviewed restaurants, hotels, ATMs, Wi-Fi hotspots and more from a directory of over 10 million businesses. No more expensive 411 calls.
    • Avoid traffic jams with real-time traffic alerts and intelligent rerouting.
    • Pre-plan trips online at My TeleNav. And by downloading an Internet browser plugin you can easily save addresses from any Web page to your phone.
    • Get automated updates of full-color 3D maps and business listings.

TeleNav.com
    1. I don't have GPS on my Device so unfortunately I don't have a fav feature.
    2.I think TeleNav is making the best GPS software up-to-date.

I do have the 9700 which is GPS capable.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 01-20-2010 at 08:47 AM. Reason: font color (pink)

t-cellular no está en línea Stack level 2
    1) The best feature i do believe would be rerouting & notification of traffic conditions
    2) It would be pretty cool to be able to broadcast your current location to friends so they can see where you are & where your going
    3) Telenav is the best
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

blazzr no está en línea Stack level 1

What’s your favorite feature currently available on GPS phone navigation applications?

Rerouting in case I miss a turn or a turn isn't possible (wrong map data).

What feature you would most like to see available on GPS phone navigation applications?

Offline navigation (maps on memory card, routing done by phone). Next is the possibility to report map corrections (like Tom Tom).

In your opinion, based on first-hand use or what you’ve read/heard, what company produces the best GPS phone navigation applications?

In my experience, Garmin. User reports: Nokia.

jwynne no está en línea Stack level 1
    What’s your favorite feature currently available on GPS phone navigation applications?
    ROUTES AND TIMINGS FOR DIFFERENT MODES OF TRANSPORT, E.G. CAR, WALKING, ETC.

What feature you would most like to see available on GPS phone navigation applications?
    THE ABILITY TO FIND LOCAL INFORMATION, SUCH AS PETROL STATIONS, TYRE-REPAIRS, BANKS, RESTAURANTS, ETC

In your opinion, based on first-hand use or what you’ve read/heard, what company produces the best GPS phone navigation applications?
    I'VE ONLY EVER USED TELENAV, AND HAVE NEVER NEEDED TO CHANGE

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    1. My favorite feature on GPS phone navigation apps is the voice activated turn-by-turn instructions allowing me to concentrate on driving rather than what my next move needs to be.

2. I'd most like to see on a GPS application a faster option for re-routing, like with one touch of a button, the route would be modified to your current location.

3. I don't have experience with every app out there, but I've used a few GPS apps, both free and paid and I'm not just saying this because the contest is sponsored by TeleNav, but this product to me is the best. Had to cut back somewhat on expenses and unfortunately TeleNav was one thing that needed to go, so would LOVE to win a free copy!

Thanks for the opportunity......

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    1. I like having navigation information outside my car - I don't know if that's the answer you're looking for but it's very handy when you need directions on foot.
    2. voice directions
    3. I've used Telenav for a few months and I liked it but didn't use it often enough to justify the monthly fee. Second to that, Google.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

pauly814 no está en línea Stack level 2
    1. I like the convenience of full powered nav apps on a device that I already carry.
    2. Send location to people that you select.
    3. Telenav and Google by far.

pilot1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Te

1. Voice turn by turn directions
    2.the ability to click on an address on a web page, address book, etc. or speak the address for finding a route
    3. amaze 4.5 and nav4all

swinter44 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F744A5
    1. The clear and audible voice instructions as you drive.

2. To be able get overall travel route information, it seems to only save the current route, so when re-routing it starts trip all over and you cannot (I don't believe) see your overall travelled details.

3. Telenav from those I've tested.

mjw
    mjw no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    249D663E
    1. Voice turn by turn directions that speak the name of the road as welll as the direction
    2. Ability to pick up GPS satellite signals when out of range of cell towers, when hiking or really lost.. and no monthly charge.
    3. I have used and really like Gokivo navigator, I have tested TelNav at least a year or so ago it was ok.. but did take me to a dead end...LOL.. I have heard that Garmin is very good.

I would love to try it again...

rolexx585 no está en línea Stack level 1
    1. my favorite feature is the turn by turn direction. it makes it safe to drive and navigate
    2. i would definitly like like to see an option to avoid tolls
    3. telenav and google maps i would say are the best
    Last edited by rolexx585; 01-19-2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: changed my mind

sorash@aol.com no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2896B648
    [Hello. I would luv 2 enter this contest n hopefully win the price since I don't have instas apps in my bb 8900. The besp part of any gps apps I luv is to have a favorite icon to save all ur rexent locations. Is easier n faster when u r driving 2 look for a location u have stored on ur Gps navegation system. 2. In my opinion I luv Garmin system 'cause they use clear n big icons that anybody understand. Hopefully I can have this one on my fone n try it 4 the yeart n don't be dissapoited. Thx n plz include me on ur draft. Sorash@aol.com. 8-)*.

QUOTE=hayden;1237340]TeleNav would like to giveaway one-year subscriptions of Telenav GPS Navigator to three PinStackers that will be selected randomly at the end of this contest. If you own any of the following supported smartphones, then here's how to enter...

1. What’s your favorite feature currently available on GPS phone navigation applications?
    2. What feature you would most like to see available on GPS phone navigation applications?
    3. In your opinion, based on first-hand use or what you’ve read/heard, what company produces the best GPS phone navigation applications?

Winners will be announced this Wednesday! Everyone who participates in this giveaway contest benefits because Telenav often implements user feedback.

Enjoy premium GPS navigation right on your smartphone!

• Get turn-by-turn driving directions by voice and onscreen. If you miss a turn TeleNav will automatically reroute you.
    • Find whatever you need wherever you are. Locate, call or navigate to rated and reviewed restaurants, hotels, ATMs, Wi-Fi hotspots and more from a directory of over 10 million businesses. No more expensive 411 calls.
    • Avoid traffic jams with real-time traffic alerts and intelligent rerouting.
    • Pre-plan trips online at My TeleNav. And by downloading an Internet browser plugin you can easily save addresses from any Web page to your phone.
    • Get automated updates of full-color 3D maps and business listings.

TeleNav.com[/QUOTE]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast