Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I hope apple release the iphone on all carriers. or at least sprint... Smartphone News forum

jhall1986 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I hope apple release the iphone on all carriers. or at least sprint

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Even before this it has been well known for a very long time that ATT has never been able to carry the load brought on by the iPhone. New York user for example have been well documented as having major complaints about dropped calls, being able to connect....etc!! As stated before Verizon has the larger subscriber base and I would guess wireless users, Blackberry, Droid and Winmo users far out number anything ATT could put up. I am sure the millions of subscribers each company claims is the number of primary customers and not how many additional lines each has. It would be interesting to see those stats for sure.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    AT&T prepping network to handle “unannounced” devices

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...unced-devices/
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    At the end of the day there are too many variables. After years of using Vzn & ATT with many smartphones including my current iPhone3Gs & Droid, the only issue of significance was this year @ CES. Which by the way is not unusual when attending any massive convention in Vegas. And with any phone & carrier combo. I've attended many events each year in Vegas & hey it's a cell phone people.... heh!
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by mobile99 View Post
    At the end of the day there are too many variables. After years of using Vzn & ATT with many smartphones including my current iPhone3Gs & Droid, the only issue of significance was this year @ CES. Which by the way is not unusual when attending any massive convention in Vegas. And with any phone & carrier combo. I've attended many events each year in Vegas & hey it's a cell phone people.... heh!
    i don't understand how you can say this. some people pay hundreds of dollars a month for reliable service. do you think 120 bucks a month is not enough motive for a company to build a network that's capable of handling millions of people paying 120 bucks a month?
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

Personal experience. VZN may be the largest, yet i've not had a problem with AT&T 3G on over 8 different 3G phones (since they began offering 3G) both locked & unlocked from Samsung, SE, Motorola & others I've brought in from Hong Kong. When traveling internationally GSM 3G is ideal. If price is an issue then don't buy a smartphone. The 2 carriers both work well for me.
    Last edited by mobile99; 01-21-2010 at 01:39 AM.

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by mobile99 View Post
    Personal experience. VZN may be the largest, yet i've not had a problem with AT&T 3G on over 8 different 3G phones (since they began offering 3G) both locked & unlocked from Samsung, SE, Motorola & others I've brought in from Hong Kong. When traveling internationally GSM 3G is ideal. If price is an issue then don't buy a smartphone. The 2 carriers both work well for me.
    well, unfortunately that's not the case for a lot of people. and the amount of those people is obviously enough to raise some questions against at&t and put a dent into their overall customer satisfaction. it doesn't even stop there. even their dsl sucks.
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

I agree, many people love to complain. However you will notice that prior to the iPhone 3G, there wasn't an issue. If one is familiar with the Arrogant Apple Zealots, that explains a lot. I believe it's more the phone than the network, something no one cares to admit. I've had all 3 generations & the latest rev of the 3Gs OS is the best. Both my Droid & BB9000 have better phones, yet overall for my use the iPhone is best. Give Android six months & they may be the best.
    ---

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12