Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

For iPhone users, the original expectation of brilliant web browsing was set high by Apple ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

AT&T US 3G Coverage Map, what to expect from your "3G" BlackBerry Bold.

Advertisement

For iPhone users, the original expectation of brilliant web browsing was set high by Apple for its first generation launch, to the point that now, even patchy 3G coverage is an improvement and gives Apple "some" relief from complaints of slow browsing/data services. Thus, the "Twice as Fast" marketing focus.

Imagine if the 3G iPhone launched at previous pricing or even slightly more for the newer and more expensive 3G technology. Why pay the price for such technology if you’re not in an area where you can take advantage of it? Instead, Apple slashed prices (w/ AT&T's lack of 3G contract), selling their 3G iPhones almost as if they were 2G technology. Seems that 2G is still how many users will be using them.

How about the Blackberry Bold? RIM chose delays, but the poor 3g data coverage, while fast improving, is inevitable for the BlackBerry Bold's launch. In past smartphone and service launches from RIM, Blackberry users have proven to be a tougher crowd to please. Slashing prices may not sit that well. However, with scanty 3G coverage such as above, it’s a not hard to understand why the Bold hasn’t hit AT&T as planned. Yet with increasing media coverage on carriers’ networks, Blackberry users will have to be a bit more forgiving and realize that there is only so much the Smartphone maker can do.

Of course, the Bold offers a lot more than 3G. Yet, if 3G is an important factor in your decision to purchase the Bold, check your local 3G coverage map to determin if you’ll have “network” access to this lovely technology.

As you can see what to expect from the BlackBerry Bold as far as 3G depends greatly on whats "in the air", the mobile networks, or in this case whats "NOT in the air".

Just my thoughts.

[See Large 3G Coverage Map from zephxiii at wirelessadvisor.com.]

nosympathy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Lol I had such hope for the bold, but no 3G? Worthwhile if you want a bb with a fast processor!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey...what I think is great is that I don't live in a major city...but where I live has 3G! I live in Gainesville Florida (Alachua County) and all of my County has 3G with ATT...I guess because of the University of Florida (Go Gators!). The bad part is I have TMO not ATT. I am hoping TMO is 3G here by the time my contract is up in early 2010
    When in Doubt, Pop the Battery Out!

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    Most rational reason for delaying launch Ive seen yet. Thanks Hayden for the scoop.

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzdoss View Post
    Most rational reason for delaying launch Ive seen yet. Thanks Hayden for the scoop.
    I couldn't agree more..........
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    I hope the entire map turns blue in the near future. Good looks on the news.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    This is exactly why I'm not waiting for the bold anymore. I shall wait for my Thunder to come along. Why pay so much for a 3g phone also applies to the bold.

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    I'm covered in most of the cities I travel to. I just hope they compensate for the battery drain in 3G. When I got the Nokia 3G N75, it was a good phone but I wanted to chuck it out the window because I had to charge it twice a day.

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80
    I live in NYC which will have 3G but I think I will hang out with my 8320 till the "Thunder" rolls in

StarMile no está en línea Stack level 3
    As nice as the Thunder sounds, I just can't see myself typing as fast or as well on a touch screen. Not saying I won't give it a shot, but I type a lot on my Curve so I have to consider the keyboard factor. If they'd only make it a horizontal slider...

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I got 3g here in my part of CT. It would be nice when ATT cold fill up more blue on the map.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks Hayden. Much appreciated. Looks like I'm fortunate to be in S.Ca!

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Hey just because you don't have 3G coverage doesn't mean that the Bold is not an outstanding phone. I have the 8100 with no 3G, and it runs just a little behind the 3G network.

I had a race with my buddy who has an Iphone 3G. it wont bother me.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

Allwin no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMile View Post
    As nice as the Thunder sounds, I just can't see myself typing as fast or as well on a touch screen.

One of the reasons I got rid of my iPhone.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3G is a major issue for me I tried downloading simple themes or web pages on a friends curve I gave up I can't live like that ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast