Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I have a few questions about 2.5. I have OS 4.5 and I'm getting emails ... Smartphone News forum

htrdlnc no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

I have a few questions about 2.5.

I have OS 4.5 and I'm getting emails in HTML but my bbsmart is getting in the way, and it won't automatically download the pictures. It prompts me, and I'm missing a setting under email configuration.

Any thoughts?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justyn View Post
    It doesn't make any sense officially releasing BIS 2.5 when OS 4.5 hasn't been officially released for these networks yet. I don't want a Beta OS, I want the real deal! When is 4.5 for TMo coming out! I can't wait any longer... I'm going to start doing cartwheels in cream cheese if it doesn't come out soon! ARGH!
    I agree. Unfortunately businesses don't always do things in logical order and it's very frustrating. I WOULD try one of the 4.5.0.37 on my 8320 (main BB) but I've already tried it on my 8120 (spare and use wi-fi only) and it was not that good so...we wait and we wonder. Hopefully T-mo will not wait too much longer since they released the BIS 2.5 AND it needs 4.5 to take advantage of it. ( )
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

ernsalas no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have to admit it worked great until this morning, sometime in the night my blackberry went into a endless restart loop, by the time I caught it this morning, my battery was almost dead. Now here I am downgrading the operating system. I really did like the spell check, html, browser, docs to go. i will miss them but will atleast my blackberry will work. and btw i had no third party applications installed. I wiped the BB and reinstalled 4.5 and that was it. good luck to all

nelsong no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by htrdlnc View Post
    I have a few questions about 2.5.

I have OS 4.5 and I'm getting emails in HTML but my bbsmart is getting in the way, and it won't automatically download the pictures. It prompts me, and I'm missing a setting under email configuration.

Any thoughts?
    You have to manually tell the email application to download images that load from external source (i.e. Not inline) this is to prevent images loading from unauthorized emails or spam. Just line gmail and other webmail services.

yourock2425 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    *&^%$#
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~jist resend service books ? That's it ? I did that yesterday and I just got an email from amazon, still looks the same.... any help would be appreciated..

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    yourock2425, are you HTML Enabled on your email folder(s)?
    Open the email, got to Menu>Get HTML

disciples0 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Can't utilize 2.5 upgrade because 4.5 not made available. Has caused a blank page when I try to go to MSN and check my Hotmail. Unbelievable.

nelsong no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Words have never made less sense to me in my life.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsong View Post
    Words have never made less sense to me in my life.
    LOL!!!

skinhead81 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    254523AC
    Has anyone found a solution to the html image problem yet? There seems to be a large percentage of users in different countries and on different carriers/networks that are unable to view images in their html emails.
    Hope someone can help.

skaii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242DEE39
    I'm currently running OS 4.5.0.46 on my 8320 and the HTML works AMAZINGLY well!

My aol e-mail still shows the old BlackBerry e-mail logo, but I'm assuming this is because my Curve is a mean little devil spawn, so it purposefully blocks the AOL e-mail logo from appearing in a continuing attempt to make me cry like a baby.

Knowing my Curve and it's desire to take over the world, that's the best explanation I can come up with. Bold beware!
    Last edited by skaii; 07-01-2008 at 08:12 PM.
    Hi. :D

Gmandese no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by skaii View Post
    I'm currently running OS 4.5.0.46 on my 8320 and the HTML works AMAZINGLY well!

My aol e-mail still shows the old BlackBerry e-mail logo, but I'm assuming this is because my Curve is a mean little devil spawn, so it purposefully blocks the AOL e-mail logo from appearing in a continuing attempt to make me cry like a baby.

Knowing my Curve and it's desire to take over the world, that's the best explanation I can come up with. Bold beware!

I tried to install 4.5.0.46 for my 8320. But, when it erased the apps and data, then loaded everything, it rebooted. After that I got the "507 error, and it said that setup could not continue! No matter what, I cannot get past that point. Fatal Error. Since then, I re-installed 4.2, restored my backup so the phone is working fine. It just won't accept the upgrade! How did you install the .46 to your 8320?
    I have done plenty of upgrades, deleted vendor xml, all that, but this just leaves me stymied! Maybe I somehow got a bad OS download? Is that possible?
    BTW, using the latest 4.5 DM, Windows Vista home premium.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345