Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The news we have is that AT&T has a new 4.5 build from RIM. That ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

AT&T OS 4.5 Download Section Update...

Advertisement

The news we have is that AT&T has a new 4.5 build from RIM. That means not to expect OS 4.5 on the download section for AT&T for possibly weeks. Also, 4.6.0.154 for the Bold is fresh from the RIM oven for testing... Bold launch soon! Maybe a Developer Conference launch announcement? We hope sooner...

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Good looks on the info H.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3
    They really F'ed this one up not releasing OS 4.5 & the Bold before Android today!!
    I was praying it was coming today as anticipated...

BERRYCURVE no está en línea Stack level 5
    I gotta agree, what is the deal with the Bold not being available yet. The new androd is pretty hot and everyone else is dropping phones left and right. But as an BB addict I guess I'll be waiting for my Bold, UGH!!!

OCjoe no está en línea Stack level 1

Possible battery issue?!?

Okay, I've been biting my tongue for about 3 weeks now. Here's what I heard from an AT&T company store rep. After inquiring about a possible iphone upgrade for my wife and being denied to take advantage of the 199 price, I asked when the new BB would be released. The rep. boldly stated At&t is having "battery issues". I asked him to clarify what type of issue they were having. He then stated: "the batteries are overheating and blowing up."

I have no proof of this issue and have not been able to find any rumors online. But, if it's true this is definitely the type of issue companies will try to hide.

Has any one else heard this?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by OCjoe View Post
    Okay, I've been biting my tongue for about 3 weeks now. Here's what I heard from an AT&T company store rep. After inquiring about a possible iphone upgrade for my wife and being denied to take advantage of the 199 price, I asked when the new BB would be released. The rep. boldly stated At&t is having "battery issues". I asked him to clarify what type of issue they were having. He then stated: "the batteries are overheating and blowing up."

I have no proof of this issue and have not been able to find any rumors online. But, if it's true this is definitely the type of issue companies will try to hide.

I find it hard to believe seeing as how they launched it in other parts of the world. If it truly was a battery issue, I am sure that something would have leaked with all the units already available. I think that was just something he either (1.) made up or (2.) was told to provide a reason for the delay without blame being thrown back onto the possible reported network issues.

Zo

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Ask them why the Bold smartphones in Europe, Asia and the Caribbean do not suffer from battery issues.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    I knew it. I hope AT&T fixes their bold 3G issue

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C

i work at an at&t agent location and i can tell you, pinstack knows more than most reos do. now, since i follow pinstack bgr and all the rumor mills, i fell i am a bit more up to date than most, but a good 70 percent of reps for any carrier do not know much more than what their bosses tell them, which isnt much. the reason for this is their bosses usually dont know much. its usually pretty high up the chain. anything a rep tells you is as likely to be true (or false) as anything you read in a forum

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~We are doing one device at a time ranging from mid Oct - Dec

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~and as for the bold,their having a bold release party The in the Washington DC Market. AT&T will be having a Bold Launch Party at "Love Night Club" on Oct 28 @ 7:30pm. Also the device will launch either that week or the first week of November.

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    AT&T what the hell is this???

You had me SO psyched for the new OS and you delay it?

This one better give me like 5 days' worth of battery life >:|

wolfpackrune no está en línea Stack level 1

Question

Quote Originally Posted by offthahorseceo View Post
    i work at an at&t agent location and i can tell you, pinstack knows more than most reos do. now, since i follow pinstack bgr and all the rumor mills, i fell i am a bit more up to date than most, but a good 70 percent of reps for any carrier do not know much more than what their bosses tell them, which isnt much. the reason for this is their bosses usually dont know much. its usually pretty high up the chain. anything a rep tells you is as likely to be true (or false) as anything you read in a forum
    so when are we "supposedly" get the new OS and bold??? or is att keep on f'in delaying the bs release dates???(sorry about that...i'm sick of BB messing up on me and i would love to get it updated soon as possible)

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    battery issue is BS... Ouch ... whats that burning in my pocket !!!! oh wait... just the lighter...

Berrycrazzy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello guys and girls. This is some info I "ran across" and just wanted to share.
    ˙˙˙

"Connectivity"

(AT&T)
    RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000
    When: October 2008
    Worth: $300
    Carrier: AT&T
    Max. data speed: 3.6 HSDPA
    Bluetooth 2.0
    Wi-Fi: 802.11a/b/g
    UMA: No
    USB: Yes