Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AT&T Inc.today announced that it was selected as the Best Wireless Provider in the World ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

AT&T Named World's Best Wireless Service Provider for Second Consecutive Yr

Advertisement

AT&T Inc.today announced that it was selected as the Best Wireless Provider in the World for the second year in a row in the 2008 Best in Business Travel Awards, conducted by Business Traveler magazine. Now in its 20th year, the annual survey gives readers the chance to voice their opinion on the companies that have made their business travels more enjoyable. AT&T offers the best global coverage of any wireless carrier and the most world phones among U.S. wireless providers.

"Being chosen as the Best Wireless Provider in the World by Business Traveler readers for a second year in a row is truly an honor," said Bill Hague, executive vice president of International for AT&T. "We work hard to help keep AT&T customers connected around the world. For years we have offered more world phones than any other U.S. carrier and service in more places around the globe than any carrier worldwide."

AT&T operates a GSM/HSPA network, the worldwide standard for wireless, making it easy for customers to stay in touch with family, friends and business colleagues while abroad -- all on the same wireless number and device they use at home. AT&T offers more than 40 world devices, including iPhone3G and the BlackBerry(R) Bold(TM). AT&T customers can take these devices around the world, including Japan and South Korea, which require a device that operates on 2100 MHz.

With the largest global footprint of any wireless provider, only AT&T customers can make and receive calls in more than 200 countries and send e-mail and browse the Web in more than 150 countries, including more than 60 countries with high speed third-generation (3G) coverage. AT&T also offers voice and data coverage on 130 major cruise ships including Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian and Celebrity Cruise Lines.

In the past year, AT&T has expanded its award-winning international wireless service offerings to help keep customers connected around the globe, including:
    -- Providing new international data discount plans for smartphone, iPhone
    and LaptopConnect users with even larger money-saving "buckets."
    -- Increasing global voice and data coverage:
    o International data roaming coverage in more than 150 countries.
    o Discounted international data packages apply in 67 countries.
    o International roaming coverage on 130 major cruise ships.
    -- Launching AT&T Navigator Global Edition, powered by TeleNav, the only
    GPS-based service available from a U.S. wireless carrier to provide
    international navigation capabilities. It provides verbal or
    text-based turn-by-turn directions in the six Olympic cities in China,
    as well as most western European countries, North America and the U.S.
    Caribbean.
    -- Introducing new cutting-edge 3G world phones like iPhone 3G and the
    BlackBerry Bold.

AT&T has also continued to work diligently to provide customers with affordable international roaming options and excellent tools and resources to help when planning an international trip. AT&T's Travel Guide ( http://www.att.com/travelguide) allows customers to create an itinerary with rate information for up to 10 international destinations as well as review discounted voice and data packages. While traveling outside the U.S., AT&T's specialized international help desk is available by calling +1-916-843-4685, a free call from your wireless phone.

For more information about international coverage and rates, customers can visit http://www.att.com/wirelessinternational or call 866-MOBILITY.

For the complete array of AT&T offerings, visit http://www.att.com.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks Hayden! Go At&t

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Thanks for the Info, and that is one of the Main reasons why I stick with AT&T, not to mention the "No Dropped Calls" and the only Network with "Rollover Minutes"

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    "No Drop Calls" as long as your not using the new BlackBerry Bold regardless of OS .167 or .190. The roll over minutes is great. My two cents.

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Thinking about switching from TMO..this will get listed on the PRO's side of the list.

Anyone know of new customer specials involving BOLD?
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDog View Post
    "No Drop Calls" as long as your not using the new BlackBerry Bold regardless of OS .167 or .190. The roll over minutes is great. My two cents.
    I Never had a dropped call, and up until yesterday, my BOLD OS was 167 and everything worked fine, I'm now using .210 and still works like a charm!

AKCHRIS93 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2447BCA1
    That's Why I <3 AT&T, Not only for their Great Customer Service..BUT there Array of Phones that they offer In A LOT of different Price ranges from Free phones too the More up scaled Blackberrys & Iphone.
    Without Will, One can not Win.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I don't have any dropped calls with my bold, or with any of the devices if used from at&t/cingular over the years. The customer care department is... I'll say "different", so if you've had a good experience by all means you were very lucky. But reception and device options are nearly unmatched. So go at&t I'll be with you guys for a long time.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I agree. Never had any issue with ATT.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I will join you on the "no dropped calls" . And to think I almost went with the Storm...Phewww what a mistake would that have been

Quote Originally Posted by jkai2188 View Post
    I don't have any dropped calls with my bold, or with any of the devices if used from at&t/cingular over the years. The customer care department is... I'll say "different", so if you've had a good experience by all means you were very lucky. But reception and device options are nearly unmatched. So go at&t I'll be with you guys for a long time.

Customer Service is Ok, but their hours of service suck, during the week til 9pm and on Saturday 6pm, Sunday - forget about it. That need some work. But as long as I've been with ATT/Cingular/ATT it is the one for me. Though I was loosing faith with the amount of time they kept us waiting for the BOLD - But No Love Lost!

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    Thanks for the Info, and that is one of the Main reasons why I stick with AT&T, not to mention the "No Dropped Calls" and the only Network with "Rollover Minutes"
    same here. i'm never leaving them, Never had a drop call since i joined ATT...

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    Customer Service is Ok, but their hours of service suck, during the week til 9pm and on Saturday 6pm, Sunday - forget about it. That need some work. But as long as I've been with ATT/Cingular/ATT it is the one for me. Though I was loosing faith with the amount of time they kept us waiting for the BOLD - But No Love Lost!
    yea you got a point, wow did they make us wait, but i got mine and not 1 single problem, glitch or anything...

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Never dropped a call with any of the 3 BBs I've had with AT&T including my BOLD.
    Last edited by calm_tiger; 12-12-2008 at 03:36 PM.

new2this no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down

Who wrote this AT&T??? (Actually read the report carefully ... it starts with "AT&T announced today ..." What did you expect AT&T to announce ... TMOBILE was the best??? (lol)

I have an AT&T BB phone and a Verizon BB phone ... and to actually hear this is a joke! I am a full time minister and travel all over the country and have NEVER been to a place where my Verizon phone does NOT work ... (at least I don't remember one) ... while my AT&T phone leaves much to be desired in lots of areas I've been.

I do NOT work for either company so I do NOT benefit from either phone. I have been many a places where friends with AT&T service and other providers I might add ... look at me talking on my phone and say ... "you actually got service out here?"

More bars ... ( I am assuming they mean a place to have a drink because they must be stopping at them regularly) ... in more places ... and NO dropped calls ... now that is hilarious.

This is NOT something someone told me ... this is my personal experience. If the AT&T was not a business phone given to and paid for me ... I would have taken the 8110 and used it for a paperweight on my desk ... long ago!!!

Maybe there are right ... more people are going to bars ... to talk about their service ... all over the world than any other provider ... hmmmm????

Just my two cents ... but I can't possibly believe stories like this ... when my personal experience and the experience of many others I associate with is contrary to these reports!!!
    Last edited by new2this; 12-12-2008 at 06:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast