Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by archer6 For clarification the BIS plan _HAS_ been increased by 100%. Your ... Smartphone News forum

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    For clarification the BIS plan _HAS_ been increased by 100%. Your basic unlimited BIS _was_ $19.95 is now $39.95 If you wish to confirm this, simply look it up on T-Mobiles web site, as they are already charging the higher rates. For those of you in contract your 19.95 rate will last until your contract expires. Upon renewing your rate will then increase 100 % to $39.95 providing they do not raise the rate again.
    Unfortunately the combination of BIS increases & rate plan increases now make T-Mobile much more expensive than AT&T.

~via BB 8310 on the low cost AT&T network(wap.pinstack.com)~

bis is still 19.99$ plus 400 txt 4.99
    bis is still 19.99 plus unlimited txt 14.99
    bis is still 19.99 plus bes 999
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    After speaking with a customer I realized how bad this may actually end up being in the long run. I didn't think about one thing when I was looking these new plans over and that was about family plans. I am going to have to do some checking with the G1 data plan but a big question I now have is how do these work with the family messaging packages that are already in place? Will they have to pay for messaging twice? Once for the data line and once again for all the other lines? If so, then this will hurt them in the long run on family plans.

Zo

if you have 3 lines (just an example) and all three of them have data and you have unlimited text for family you would normally pay 20$ for family text and 20$/line for data=60$. now you will still pay 20$ for family text but 25& for data=75$. It is still a lot less then the other providers, a little more of a jump from what we are use to.
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by dilemma View Post
    How about the customers that use the 3G network pay for the 3G network? It doesn't make sense to pass this cost onto other non 3G customers. Does anyone know how the data usage will apply to blackberry email only users since the HTML email can be somewhat large?

there isn't a charge for 3G, these are just the new data plans. they tested it out with the G1 (which happens to be a 3G device but it is a hot seller, and everyone still wanted it, they are migrating services to web n walk instead of t-zones, and this is part of the change)
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepydumbdude View Post
    So you'll be grandfathered onto these if all ready on them? I got a sidekick with a plan through them just for text messaging. Certainly no reason for me to stay once my contract is up.

i'm waiting for confirmation, but i do think if you have the old plan you will stay on the old plan until you change it, or if you switch to a different device, ex: upgrade from a sidekick to a blackberry, or a shadow to a g1, or a g1 to a blackberry.
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

thagame911 no está en línea Stack level 3
    When will this web n walk take effect ?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    So they are moving more towards what is available already in the UK and Germany (web and walk). I have seen some screen shots of those setups and they were impressive. Looking forward to that.

As for the family situation, family time customers will be paying for text twice then. Once for the family bundle and again for the data bundle. I hope they do some serious thinking about that because I see potential for class action lawsuits coming if they don't.

Zo

Thought of one other thing today. What about those on unlimited plans? If they don't offer just the data option in the future, I can see some people complaining about double dipping for the same feature.

Zo
    Last edited by Amigotek; 11-01-2008 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Additional Comment.

camant no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Web 2 Go

There is no downfall to T-Mobile increasing the price.Right now you cannot utilize T-Zones to access many sites on phone first handsets .You will be getting alot more for the extra 4 dollars.You will be able to personlize your handsets screen on the homescreen of T-Zones to have one touch access to your favorite sites , have a faster internet , real web browsing and some type of text messaging.It really doesn't affect the internet on price on the higher end phones.It is still 20 dollars.

You will not pay any difference in price to any plan you are currently on ex.familytime messaging who have a data plan . You will e grandfathered into that price for as long as you're a customer.Phone first users whom have tzones will have limited internet now but coming from a tmobile employee which I am this is a good change for tmobile.We are only giving customers what they have been requesting for a while now.Bottom line this price change is going to affect new customers or existing customers whom are changing their plan.If you upgrade and dont change your plan at all then the price will not affect what you already have.

No exact date on when this is taking affect.At least not in my market.

thagame911 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by camant View Post
    There is no downfall to T-Mobile increasing the price.Right now you cannot utilize T-Zones to access many sites on phone first handsets .You will be getting alot more for the extra 4 dollars.You will be able to personlize your handsets screen on the homescreen of T-Zones to have one touch access to your favorite sites , have a faster internet , real web browsing and some type of text messaging.It really doesn't affect the internet on price on the higher end phones.It is still 20 dollars.
    Soooo will this upgrade to web n walk be real nice for blackberries like it will be for say a razor ? Or will blackberry users notice no difference ?

You'll notice the difference more with say a razor but the internet will be faster on the blackberry and a few other little changes you'll notice but nothing huge .

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    jonnyxedge-
    any ideas when TMO will be getting BOLD for TMO 3G? 6, 12, 18 months?
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by camant View Post
    You will not pay any difference in price to any plan you are currently on ex.familytime messaging who have a data plan . You will e grandfathered into that price for as long as you're a customer.Phone first users whom have tzones will have limited internet now but coming from a tmobile employee which I am this is a good change for tmobile.We are only giving customers what they have been requesting for a while now.Bottom line this price change is going to affect new customers or existing customers whom are changing their plan.If you upgrade and dont change your plan at all then the price will not affect what you already have.
    I was looking at the future not the present. I have been selling T-Mobile since they were V-Stream from the very beginning of them being in DFW. I know customers who don't make the change will not have to worry. I am worried about exisiting customers and new customers that decide they want a PDA but only want it for one line. Customers going into a family plan and adding unlimited messaging for the family will end up being double billed for messaging. If T-Mobile does this I foresee problems coming from lawsuit happy customers and lawyers going after T-Mobile for this. This is not the same thing as Verizon's changes where they are requiring a data plan for all PDA's. Their data plan is not being billed twice to a customer, whereas the messaging is being billed twice. Once for the Family Time messaging and once for the Mandatory messaging included with the data package.

Zo

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by peguero View Post
    any ideas when TMO will be getting BOLD for TMO 3G? 6, 12, 18 months?
    RIM will have to build a Bold just for T-Mobile as they use AWS for 3G which is not a standard protocol. They are the only one that uses it. Therefore the existing GSM Bold will not function on T-Mobile. Since there are no other carriers that use AWS, chances are if RIM does decide to build one for T-Mobile they will be on of the last carriers to get it. Or they may not get it at all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123