Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

i don't understand why we have to pay for 3g when our phones aren't 3g. ... Smartphone News forum

d3mtrspt no está en línea Stack level 1

Why

Advertisement

i don't understand why we have to pay for 3g when our phones aren't 3g. I was told by a rep that right now there is only one phone that is 3g capable.. NONE of the BB are capable not even that crazy Flip Phone PEarl is 3g..

Deron
    Deron
    BB 8320

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    other carriers have had their BB plans at the above mentioned rates for quite some time. they can't charge you the new prices if you're already under a contract. i don't see them charging you the new prices when you upgrade either. just like my buddy has a 3,000 min plan for years from TMO for like $40 or whatever it was years ago and he still has that same plan for that same price and he's upgraded phones a number of times. if you add a new phone or are a new customer then yeah you'll get charged the new rates, but if you're keeping you plan the same, just upgrading a phone, they can't charge you these new rates.

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    It's not any different for me... I'm paying $19.99 for unlimited BIS and $4.99 for 400 msgs, that adds to $24.98. Looks like I'd have to pay $0.01 more.

Guess I'll have to stop just walking over them when I see a penny on the street - it could make up the difference!!

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by d3mtrspt View Post
    i don't understand why we have to pay for 3g when our phones aren't 3g. I was told by a rep that right now there is only one phone that is 3g capable.. NONE of the BB are capable not even that crazy Flip Phone PEarl is 3g..

Deron
    Actually that statement is highly inaccurate. The correct statement is "there is only one SmartPhone/PDA that is 3G capable." T-Mobile actually has a very impressive lineup of cell phones that are 3G considering that 3G is just now launching for them in most markets.

Zo

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    another reason I am glad to be on ATT
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

crazydeo no está en línea Stack level 1

It's Not A Big Deal

Like I said above, it's not a big deal. $19.99 for BB plan with BIS + $14.99 messaging plan = $34.98. It's the same value packaged differently. T-Mobile is just trying to increase revenue by attaching messaging on top of the BB plan's. Still cheaper than the other carrier plus you get unlimited messaging. Same value under a different umbrella.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    For clarification the BIS plan _HAS_ been increased by 100%. Your basic unlimited BIS _was_ $19.95 is now $39.95 If you wish to confirm this, simply look it up on T-Mobiles web site, as they are already charging the higher rates. For those of you in contract your 19.95 rate will last until your contract expires. Upon renewing your rate will then increase 100 % to $39.95 providing they do not raise the rate again.
    Unfortunately the combination of BIS increases & rate plan increases now make T-Mobile much more expensive than AT&T.

~via BB 8310 on the low cost AT&T network(wap.pinstack.com)~

howiet4702 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA6BE
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    For clarification the BIS plan _HAS_ been increased by 100%. Your basic unlimited BIS _was_ $19.95 is now $39.95 If you wish to confirm this, simply look it up on T-Mobiles web site, as they are already charging the higher rates. For those of you in contract your 19.95 rate will last until your contract expires. Upon renewing your rate will then increase 100 % to $39.95 providing they do not raise the rate again.
    Unfortunately the combination of BIS increases & rate plan increases now make T-Mobile much more expensive than AT&T.

~via BB 8310 on the low cost AT&T network(wap.pinstack.com)~

I just went on T-Mo's website and BB Unlimited add on is:

BlackBerry Unlimited Add-on
    $19.99 per month

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/addons/....mc_t=OnsiteAd

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/C...ackBerry%c2%ae

What you may have pulled up Archer is the standalone plan (which hasn't changed either) that is twice as much as the add-on feature with no voice minutes included. T-Mobile has always provided a standalone BB plan for those that just wish to use the unit for internet and email only. If you look at the first link, that is to the add-on for those with an existing voice plan in place. It is still the same price (and honestly is not changing even based off of the new grid provided here) as it has always been. The change that is happening is the now mandatory addition of messaging. For some that means that they will be looking at a higher rate if they ever do a major change on their rate plan (like myself), for others it means nothing at all since they are already paying the same price because they already have messaging included.

Zo

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Can anyone who works for TMO confirm/deny this rate plan change?

Also TMO was always more affordable than the other providers, if they raise their prices what services will they be adding to maintain some type of competative advantage?

Cause they don't have BOLD, STORM or fully operational 3G network so why should any TMO customer stick it out with TMO?

Any feedback is more than welcome.
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    What you may have pulled up Archer is the standalone plan (which hasn't changed either) that is twice as much as the add-on feature with no voice minutes included.
    Thanks for the explanation Zo, I see now how they are structured.

Cheers
    archer

bdlevi no está en línea Stack level 1
    i called T-mobile yesterday and the rep i spoke to said he heard something like this both internally and externally. Basically what they will be doing is going to be forcing you to have 400 text messages with the internet services.

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    After speaking with a customer I realized how bad this may actually end up being in the long run. I didn't think about one thing when I was looking these new plans over and that was about family plans. I am going to have to do some checking with the G1 data plan but a big question I now have is how do these work with the family messaging packages that are already in place? Will they have to pay for messaging twice? Once for the data line and once again for all the other lines? If so, then this will hurt them in the long run on family plans.

Zo

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    we are just bundling text and data together. it's just a way to increase revenue and a way to appease a mojority of the customer base, as well as make a for sure revenue. if you have unlimited data for 3 lines as i saw some one mention you will only be charger a total of 12$ more, becuse if you aren't texting or doing a lot of text you can get on the smaller bundle. hotspot is always including with blackberry wifi models, not the @home service that will still be ten dollars.
    if you are on a family plan with uunlimited data, you will have to have the 25$ plan. (it's just like the g1)
    another reason why this is being done a lot of our customers wanted more access from tzones and so we are moving to what is called web n walk. web n walk allows you to have quicker access to information that you want and need. so much better than t-zones.
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by d3mtrspt View Post

Deron

you aren't paying for 3g. i assure you of that
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast