TmoNews is reporting that come March 14th, T-Mobile will be launching its much-awaited HSPA+ service ... Smartphone News forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

T-Mobile 21Mbps HSPA+ service launching March 14th?

Advertisement

TmoNews is reporting that come March 14th, T-Mobile will be launching its much-awaited HSPA+ service in a few more markets. These are rumored to include Miami, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, and presumably Philadelphia while supporting the launch of a new 3G data device as well — the webConnect Rocket. Additionally, it looks like T-Mobile has finally started to overhaul their cellular coverage maps by adding more zoom layers, population guides, and additional color coding for different network technologies (like the new HSPA+ service). Anyone excited to get their mobile 21Mbps on?

[Via AndroidAndMe and BGR]
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 03-08-2010 at 02:35 AM.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...it's available here. But just on advetisements really ! Very difficult to get into that signal speed, and limited to city areas. Then again, your modem runs at what max speed ? It's all baloney really. Good hype to sell you the service.

Here's another article about it.

http://gigaom.com/2010/02/09/t-mos-h...-coasts-first/
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

angelzrage no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    TmoNews is reporting that come March 14th, T-Mobile will be launching its much-awaited HSPA+ service in a few more markets. These are rumored to include Miami, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, and presumably Philadelphia while supporting the launch of a new 3G data device as well — the webConnect Rocket. Additionally, it looks like T-Mobile has finally started to overhaul their hideous cellular coverage maps by adding more zoom layers, population guides, and additional color coding for different network technologies (like the new HSPA+ service). Anyone excited to get their mobile 21Mbps on?

[Via AndroidAndMe and BGR]
    Nice. Yet I'm still waiting for basic coverage :/ 3 years now.called to put a service request put in , and I was tod tmo DECREASED coverage in my area.looks like they don't care about basic coverage an never will.

joemc27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    No More
    I'm excited. Hopefully it'll hit central Florida soon.

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Empty promises. It's why I left tmo.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    I am skeptical about it. With the HD2 release 10 after it. I want to see if the data speed lives up to its expectations. I have been talking to Tmo customer serv. to see if they will let me pre order the HD2. So far no luck. Will give it a shot again on Monday. Wish me luck.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

khaddem no está en línea Stack level 2

good luck

Good luck getting the HD2 that early. I was told by tmo to wait til march 15. I am a user a bb and was debating between the bb 9700 or google N1 and now the HD2. I like all 3 and i'm willing to venture outside of my reliable blackberry world to test new phones.
    I wonder if HD2 can perform better than the bb 9700 in term of business use and email reliability.
    So, when you have this phone, let me know how you are doing with it. Mainly for business and school use ok?

Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    I am skeptical about it. With the HD2 release 10 after it. I want to see if the data speed lives up to its expectations. I have been talking to Tmo customer serv. to see if they will let me pre order the HD2. So far no luck. Will give it a shot again on Monday. Wish me luck.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by khaddem View Post
    Good luck getting the HD2 that early. I was told by tmo to wait til march 15. I am a user a bb and was debating between the bb 9700 or google N1 and now the HD2. I like all 3 and i'm willing to venture outside of my reliable blackberry world to test new phones.
    I wonder if HD2 can perform better than the bb 9700 in term of business use and email reliability.
    So, when you have this phone, let me know how you are doing with it. Mainly for business and school use ok?
    Sounds good. I will give you and low down on the device.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

khaddem no está en línea Stack level 2

thanks

thanks for the reply. I can't wait to read your complete detailed review of this phone.

Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    Sounds good. I will give you and low down on the device.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by WhitePearlPXL View Post
    Empty promises. It's why I left tmo.<br />
    <font size="1"><i>Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17</i></font>
    <br />
    <br />

^^^ This ^^^
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/7C144

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I'm not on 3G yet but this just makes me anticipate it even more.