Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Capdot I'm curious on why you would purchase a 3G phone when ... Smartphone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    I'm curious on why you would purchase a 3G phone when you dont have any 3G service in your area?
    Inner city only has 3G so while at home i don't get 3G, however at home i have Wifi so it works out ok. 3G is 10 miles down the road for the most part.

sweetkalena no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PLZask
    I have att and only have problems in the low areas where everyone loses svc n in my area there r only 2 lows now my friend has Verizon n he has serious problems with his "3g" svc u know that sayin "can u hear me now?" I hear that a lot from him while he's on the phone and I know someone who works for Verizon who refuses there svc cuz it sux so bad in our area and it sux within a 50 mile radius around us so I shall stay with att n save $ for the new BB. But this is jus 3 peoples opinion n everyone should use the best svc for their area after they do a little research n the commercials should not b the only research they base it by. ^-^

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Absolutely people must ask family, neighbors, co-workers etc which service works best in areas where they will spend most of their time. Asking for peoples first hand experience is going to tell you much more than any map or ad.

Just a side note, 3G has nothing to do with calls, it's data, but it is a smart phone, before switching carriers just because the grass looks greener...ask about every aspect before you commit...call quality and data....choose the one that will give you the best of what you need the most.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

zipporic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B606F3
    Ha ha ha, stupid AT&T. That's the best they have? The only ground they have to hold on to is the 'most popular smartphone' aka the iPhone and the 100,000 apps - which if you don't have an iPhone, means nothing to you. Not to mention 99,000 of those apps are either repeats of 1,000 other apps or stupid web page shortcuts that display in an 'app'. But I guess you use what you have when it come to billions of dollars.

I'll for one will sit happily on the sideline as a T Mobile customer, former AT&T (when they were still Cingular) and watch this play out. My guess, AT&T will lose and go running to some other company with their tail between their legs wanting a sellout to some other company to recover their money.

"By the way apple; can you make an iPhone 3GSex with an attachable umm, rod, so we can really screw our customers"

Yup, you know it's coming. (all in good humor, they all have their pro's and con's)
    Who told you, you could eat my cookies? Put that cookie down!... Now!
    Courtesy of the Govenator

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    I guess I am a pretty lucky AT&T customer. I've had maybe 10 dropped calls in the last 4 or so years (can't remember farther back ). I've also been a Sprint customer (work) but that was also quite some time ago and I am sure they have added new towers since my switch. Regardless, the dropped call/signal issue is everywhere, no matter what carrier. The part I find interesting is that for years we have had a choice of only a select number of mobile providers. Verizon finally had the guts to stand up against this failing economy with a head strong marketing campaign. They really have done nothing wrong. They have taken a "stab" at a competitor. AT&T is just whining. They could have certainly come back with something a little better but in the long run, it really doesn't matter. People switch carriers for different reasons and I don't think either of the commercials are going to make that big of a difference.

And when the first iPhone 3G came out, I didn't have any 3G service in my area. It was added just a few months later. I am sure that is what SRL was holding out for when he purchased his The downside to living in the country

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaricanese View Post
    Haha I like it. This 'fight' is entertaining to watch, especially as a T-Mobile customer
    I couldnt agree more, oh and the great thing is that I read that tmo with the edge has an overall higher customer data speed than at&t's 3g due to the fact that it constantly fails, let me see if I can find the article again.
    Last edited by RemyKirin; 11-20-2009 at 02:21 PM.
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I agree with one of the posts above. If only they'll spend all this money they're spending on an already lost fight on getting their customers real 3G and stop whining about the matter. All this money, they couldve used it all and get at least 10 more towers here and there...sigh
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14912/1006; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I dont have issues with dropping calss here where I live! Guess I am luckier than I thought!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I have seen two new (for me) Christmas commercials by Verizon in the last 30 minutes featuring the maps. One with reindeer, another with elves. Verizon is so rubbing it in AT&T's face and I love it

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Hey @ least the commercial is funny . .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Two new commercials are airing tonight. http://forums.pinstack.com/f228/appl...onight-116289/
    I love it

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    It would be funny to see T-Mobile and/or Sprint come out with a commercial saying, "While Verizon and AT&T are fighting like kids over maps, we here at <company> are working hard to provide you with great service".

Then again that could be dangerous for them haha.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12