It's not quite the BlackBerry Curve 8900 (aka BlackBerry Javelin) everyone was hoping for but ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

AT&T launches Wi-Fi-enabled RIM BlackBerry Curve 8320

Advertisement

It's not quite the BlackBerry Curve 8900 (aka BlackBerry Javelin) everyone was hoping for but on Tuesday, AT&T added a new BlackBerry to its lineup: the RIM BlackBerry Curve 8320. The smartphone, which comes in a sapphire blue color, is available for purchase now online and through the carrier's business sales channels for $149.99 with a two-year contract and after a mail-in rebate, but won't be in stores till early 2009

[Read More]

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I saw this on AT&T's site yesterday, I really like the sapphire blue housing.

rich0370 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    No 3G...is this just a curve with a beefed up operating system and wifi?

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    It's not even a beefed up Operating System. Now that they have 4.5 available to the other curve models (except for the 8300), it's simply the Curve with WIFI and no GPS.

Really not a step anywhere but sideways.

If you can't tell, it really seems like a dumb device to release at this point. With the news of an upcoming Javelin and the Bold, this is really a step in the wrong direction.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by rich0370 View Post
    No 3G...is this just a curve with a beefed up operating system and wifi?
    its the same curve thats been out for t-mobile for a year already. it just has a different housing and probably 4.5 preloaded.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    It IS kind of hard to understand why they're doing it now. It's a great phone but it's not the "newest kid on the block" by a long shot.

It'll be interesting to see how it sells (for AT&T) when it comes out.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    I don't understand the purpose behind it since there is no UMA on AT&T

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Because the iphone has wifi even though att has no UMA...wifi does enhance the browsing experiance a little bit...since this is not a "full internet" device though, I'm confused.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by wyy183 View Post
    I don't understand the purpose behind it since there is no UMA on AT&T
    I can't believe that it could succeed without SOME type of wi-fi calling plan like T-Mobile has...and it would almost have to be as good as or better than T-mo's if it's going to make it in 2009. Maybe there's something we don't know that AT&T does.

We'll see if they offer something. If they don't, they're not paying attention to the market.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    I agree with comments so far, questioning the point of releasing 8320 now on AT&T now while newer models are already in circulation and another model 8900 is about to be released.

Will BOLD come to TMO immediately after the release of the next Big Berry release on AT&T?
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I tend to think this device will be a big hit with those who have no clue the 8900 is coming, which may be why AT&T took a chance on it. I would bet they didn't buy a huge block of inventory of them.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    My worst fear is that they will delay the release of the 8900 until they sell "enough" of these.

From what I heard, they've had them in there warehouse for a while. I'm guessing that they delayed the release due to the delayed release of the Bold. Didn't want competition.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

adambalat no está en línea Stack level 1

I just got it

But i don't know how to get themes installed on this berry. The version is v4.5 and when I try adding an application on blackberry messenger it says no additional applications designed for your device is found.

Any one can help?

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    I saw this on AT&T's site yesterday, I really like the sapphire blue housing.