Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Please help me. I don't know how to reset the darn thing; i recently upgraded ... Smartphone News forum

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Question Blackberry Curve 8300 Browser not working

Advertisement

Please help me. I don't know how to reset the darn thing; i recently upgraded to the curve from the pearl. i did a restore on it because it had someone else's email inbox and now i got my email address inbox and message box however; the browser's not present nor the email setup. i'm thinking it got corrupted. Please help me. I do appreciate your help in advance.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Please help me. I don't know how to reset the darn thing; i recently upgraded to the curve from the pearl. i did a restore on it because it had someone else's email inbox and now i got my email address inbox and message box however; the browser's not present nor the email setup. i'm thinking it got corrupted. Please help me. I do appreciate your help in advance.

First you want to try and log on to your "BIS", if that doesn't work then that is the reason your "Email Setup" is not visible and that can mean only one thing, the device does not have a "BB Data package" associated with the Device IMEI #.

If you have AT&T I know that you can just give them a call and ask them to check your account and see if there is a "BB Data Package" with Your Number (phone) and IMEI, once they clear that up and send the "Service Books" the "Browser & Email Setup" icons will appear or reappear after a Battery Pull.

Hope that helps a bit...

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Of course---lol, four days after I bought one! LOL!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm just glad you didn't get that Treo you were talking about getting.....What a mistake that would've been

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Of course---lol, four days after I bought one! LOL!

Dont you hate that? Im always a day late, and a dollar short too....
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.

kjbmax77 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I just got one of the Free refurbs. They even gave me a choice of colors. At first they noticed that I just got a new 8120 less than a few weeks ago & was not eligible. So I asked for a supervisor, told her that I am a loyal customer with no intensions of leaving AT&T. That I would be happy to extend my contract, as I needed the phone as a backup in case mine went down, as I must have a BB for work. She was very courteous & immediately said that she would authorize it.

The phone looks like new, works like new and there is an easy workaround to the 90 day warranty.

All you have to do is call into tech support. Tell them that you are having a intermintent problem with one of the keys on the keyboard not registering, but only happens once in a while. Therefore you are asking that they make a note in your account & give you a case number. That you don't want to be without it or have it replaced unless it gets worse. Once you have a case number it's good for year. I know as I've used this method twice before. In my case I called in after eleven months, they no longer had the same model, so they gave me the next higher model which was new not refurbed.
    This is one of the reasons I enjoy AT&T, they always take care of the customer. All one needs to do is be patient & nice, instead of angry & difficult.

Cheers!
    via: BlackBerry 8310
    (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well you've gotten lucky then, most warranty reps and sticklers for the 90 day policy on refurbs, and usually wont budge case or not. I work in AT&T blackberry support and deal with this on a daily basis. Consider yourself very lucky.

Chris.Hannack no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    You can also get a blackjack or a AT&T tilt. I love my blackberry, but the tilt does look intriguing.

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    The tilt isnt' free though...it's $149...
    Yes, I've been diagnosed with Phantom Vibration Disorder.....

Chris.Hannack no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    I ordered the tilt at 8am yesterday morning. I got it for free, but when I looked now, you have to pay for it. Wonder if I hit a glitch. God I'm gonna miss my pearl though

kerph32 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm on the phone with AT&T now to try this, but I just realized.. when the 9000 comes out, I'm going to want that for sure, and this will make it another 2 years before I'm 'eligible' for an upgrade. So, unless this call with customer service goes a *lot* better than expected, I probably won't actually do this. Thanks for the heads up though!

blaquegenius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    316dfa3c
    Just ordered one. Woohooo

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro
    My free 8310 will be here friday!

God bless manager overrides.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    funny how they changed the requirements. now its only if you add a line and not valid if you have familytalk.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    I cant take advantage of this offer cuz my bill is 3 days past due. :cry: Tomorrow is payday and they said I can only get it for whatever its offered for tomorrow..

This sucks, cuz I'm torn between buying the 8110 new or getting a curve and I thought this would be the perfect way to find out if the curve is really for me.
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

MissDiva07 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    244a48e9
    yahh just got mine delivered today..lol....cant wait to try it out...good bye pearl hello curve....

MissDiva07 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    244a48e9
    yahh just got mine delivered today..lol....cant wait to try it out...good bye pearl hello curve....it might have been a refurb but everything looks nice...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast