Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Today, AT&T formally dismissed the lawsuit against Verizon Wireless for using an advertisement that AT&T ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

AT&T Gives up on Verizon Ad Lawsuit. Tries to Rebut With Ads.

Advertisement

Today, AT&T formally dismissed the lawsuit against Verizon Wireless for using an advertisement that AT&T complained confused customers about its 3G wireless coverage.

Last month, the AT&T suffered a major legal setback when a judge rejected the company's request to force Verizon to pull its "There's A Map For That" advertising campaign.

You have to admit this is funny.

AT&T vs Verizon 101

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Most popular smartphones or smartphone (singular) Which is probably gonna leave them very soon nonetheless .
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    ^^ I never thought of that one? Good point.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Its good they gave up, its a lost cause on AT&Ts part. Of course until Verizon finishes converting the alltel towers their map is not exactly accurate. In most markets Alltel users and Verizon users still use separate towers depending on whether they are using Alltel or Verizon plans. One company but still not one big happy map yet.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    ATT needs to realize that not all celebrities will make your add good. Need to do a better job if they are going to counter VZ adds.

They should have gotten the Knight Elf Mohawk......lol
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    They should have gotten the Knight Elf Mohawk......lol
    Bwaahaahaa would have been more memorable anyway.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    That 1st video is pretty funny.....I hadn't seen it yet!
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    And the "rebuttal" by AT&T with their commercial that is posted above means nothing to me. The commercial just rattles off major U.S. cities and I'm not in anyone of those. I'm in East Texas where AT&T coverage is horrible and Verizon/Alltel have great coverage. That is one thing that they have always had here, good rural coverage and that is why so many are going away from AT&T because they are about like Sprint...You get off of a major roadway or out of a major city, you have no coverage.

I don't think the AT&T commercials have been near as good, or damaging depending on your point of view, as Verizon's have been. I hope they continue with the fierce competitive advertising. It's good for the consumers.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Another thing in the commercial where AT&T is going through the cities where they have coverage. They say nothing about 3G in that ad. So yes they may have coverage in all those areas but my guess is not 3G.

zipporic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B606F3
    Those new AT&T commercials just go on about their standard GSM coverage - not their 3G coverage. Isn't that what the big battle is about these days? Almost every carrier has great standard data or voice coverage, the 3G and it's speed/reliability is the issue AT&T - I have T Mobile and we have over 90% coverage too Wonder what will happen when they no longer have sole possession of the iPhone
    Who told you, you could eat my cookies? Put that cookie down!... Now!
    Courtesy of the Govenator

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^^that'll be their demise and why do you think they're raising their fees for early terminations. Coincidence? I beg to differ
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14912/1128; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    LMAO at the first commercial. feel bad over the second one. what a futile effort by AT&T. Im glad i "Get More"!
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    AT&T's commercials are bland and too serious. It's like the mac/pc commercials. Pc guy always trying to catch up to the mac dude.
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14912/1128; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Whats a MAC???

Johnnycwebb no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20df0454
    I think that if you compare the 3G coverage AT&T might be smaller but it's better. I will explain! Voice over Data you can not do that with Verizon. I think Verizon is attacking AT&T because AT&T leads in data sales. Sometimes being the bad guy will back fire on you. I have to say that the way verizon is attacking AT&T they must be scared. AT&T is right the map Verizon is showing is wrong even if it was AT&T's 3G coverage it's still not the correct map. Verizon might have coverage at grandma's house but there not the better company. I love my world delivered better phone selection to.
    Last edited by Johnnycwebb; 12-03-2009 at 07:27 PM.
    Johnny Webb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast