There are now 17,000 more reasons for smart shoppers to buy a smartphone from AT&T. ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

AT&T BlackBerry Customers: Free Access to Nation's Largest Wi-Fi Network

Advertisement

There are now 17,000 more reasons for smart shoppers to buy a smartphone from AT&T. AT&T Inc. today announced it will begin offering free AT&T Wi-Fi service to current and new customers of select smartphones, including the new BlackBerry Bold, available Nov. 4. AT&T has the nation's largest Wi-Fi network, with more than 17,000 hot spots including Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, and thousands of other locations.

AT&T is offering the free Wi-Fi service to customers with unlimited data plans. In addition to the BlackBerry Bold, the BlackBerry Pearl 8120 and the BlackBerry 8820 will follow later this year, and AT&T plans to make the offer available to more mobile devices in the future. Additional details, including instructions on how to access the hot spots, are available at http://www.attwifi.com/.

"AT&T is committed to providing its customers with the best connectivity at the best value," said David Christopher, chief marketing officer of AT&T's mobility business unit. "We have the industry's leading lineup of smartphones, along with the nation's largest Wi-Fi network. It only makes sense for us to bring these unique capabilities together for our customers."

Free Wi-Fi access is also available with all AT&T small business broadband plans, AT&T High Speed Internet plans and with qualified AT&T LaptopConnect plans. For customers without an AT&T broadband or smartphone plan, Wi-Fi subscriptions are available for $19.99 a month, providing worldwide access to both AT&T and partner locations.

also see: http://attwifi.know-where.com/attwif...design=default

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    To which I say... It's about time AT&T !

After lagging for over a year behind T-Mobile whom embraced WiFi, finally AT&T comes through and in a really big way = FREE!

As someone who uses WiFi everywhere, everyday, I'm thrilled.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Yeah if you have the unlimited data plan? um whats the point? is it that much faster and worth driving uptown just to hop on the internet i mean whats the point lol
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ^^ my house is intermittent with EDGE/GPRS, so hopping on wifi might be faster for data heavy downloads like youtube... (i used my neighbors wifi last night trying to get a trailer teaser from youtube bc all i could get was gprs)

i think the key here is your location and if you do not have an unlimited data plan

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I went with GPS instead of WiFi, even though I have wifi in my house, Id rather have internet access where ever instead of whenever, of course it would be great if your in the mountains but then I usually get service when im in the mountains at a starbucks lol its just usually when its dire need to get on the internet its when im on the road (wife is driving of course) and looking for some thing ya know, so I figured data plan was a must, we used to have a wifi laptop and that was awsome as long as you could find access somewhere lol.

But it specifically states that you have to have the unlimited data plan to get the free wifi. I think they are trying to get people excited about something thats really not all its cracked up to be.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

couchpotato no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    294AB7EF
    Quote Originally Posted by rashard View Post
    I went with GPS instead of WiFi, even though I have wifi in my house, Id rather have internet access where ever instead of whenever, of course it would be great if your in the mountains but then I usually get service when im in the mountains at a starbucks lol its just usually when its dire need to get on the internet its when im on the road (wife is driving of course) and looking for some thing ya know, so I figured data plan was a must, we used to have a wifi laptop and that was awsome as long as you could find access somewhere lol.

But it specifically states that you have to have the unlimited data plan to get the free wifi. I think they are trying to get people excited about something thats really not all its cracked up to be.
    You are absolutely correct .....

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    gotta check this out
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    i already had free wi-fi hot spot access since i have AT&T DSL but its good for those that dont have DSL with them as well.

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    Same for the iphones... Looks like ATT want to distract the 3G issues.

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    Att should give FREE wi-fi.because their so called 3g is not that good,the wifi will hopefully make up for a lot of UNHAPPY att customers.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    There still not offering UMA tho. Right?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    So what do I need to do to get this service? I have a blackberry on an unlimited plan

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanley View Post
    So what do I need to do to get this service? I have a blackberry on an unlimited plan

you need a BB that supports wifi like the pearl or 8820
    **There are 2 types of people in this world: those who use the search bar and those who do not**

armageddon513 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Ok I don't get it. How are you going to claim the largest wifi network when wifi is already free in most all the places that is on their list. Also I got curious and did some clicking and found that they actually have a charge for this service. That is crazy. That is like dell telling me that my computer has wifi but I have to pay them to use it. That is amazing....how are you going to require your customers to have an unlimited data plan to use a free service at starbucks....
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tweezak no está en línea Stack level 2
    What the hell?? They are offering it for the Bold right away but later for wifi capable Blackberries that have been out for almost a year?!? I am getting really sick of ATT's crap. I think I'll just wait out my contract and switch to Verizon. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~